Quick question - Quick answer

They're significantly weaker just like E1/2 are.

GospelEXE said:
Colette said:
Anyone else gettin an asston of lag? only happening on server.

I can't say that I've really noticed a lot of lag. Not sure if it's something that's been happening lately, but I've noticed very funky things happening here and there when playing with other people (i.e. Dragon flying up in the air, then just falling through the ground before appearing back in the air).

Yeah, body slam!

My turn: How many characters can you type at most to name an S-Rank weapon?

Villain said:
GospelEXE said:
Colette said:
Anyone else gettin an asston of lag? only happening on server.

I can't say that I've really noticed a lot of lag. Not sure if it's something that's been happening lately, but I've noticed very funky things happening here and there when playing with other people (i.e. Dragon flying up in the air, then just falling through the ground before appearing back in the air).

Yeah, body slam!

My turn: How many characters can you type at most to name an S-Rank weapon?

I believe the limit was 8 characters.

Quick question, is oroti on this server bugged to lose stats when transforming from agito 1975 or is that fixed here? If I remember correctly it losing stats wasn't a default intended behavior but something Sega never fixed. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was considered a bug.

As Colette said, max is 8 characters and you can only input A to Z and (I haven't tried in game) [\]_^

I haven no idea about the weapon but I think it is not server side (the weapon conversion), if that's the case it would be harder to fix (if it ever was a bug).

I only mentioned it because I remember Lee mentioning it before about attempting to fix it. Something about it not saving correctly due to "sega being jackasses" or w/e Lee-ish thing he said.

Yeah I bet along those lines xD
I just checked the source and I don't see any agito, oroti or 1975, I guess is safe to assume that it's coded in the quest/map data

It is not a bug; it is an oversight. The offline quests have their origins in Ver.1, and preserving the stats of the Agito you found is not possible on Ver.1. Sega made updates to Dr. Osto's Research and Unsealed Door to let you select monster parts from your inventory (which also isn't possible on Ver.1), but Sega never updated Seek my Master to read in the stats of the Agito and apply them to the Orochi-Agito that it gives you to, so you still get a blank Orochi-Agito, as always. It would be possible to change the quest to preserve the stats of your Agito, but it would not be a vanilla behaviour to do so. The quest is working properly, though, even if the correct operation is not necessarily desirable.

Nobody knows, since it's invisible. The way to test would be to set up a Hunter and Ranger with the same ATA and Handgun against a stationary enemy, such as Indi Belra. Have both of them shoot the Belra at maximum Handgun range several hundred times while counting the number of successful hits with and without SmartLink, and then do the same thing at point blank range. If Hunters get a range penalty, the Ranger should hit more often than the Hunter at maximum range, while they should land the same number of successful hits at point blank range, and the two of them should also score the same number of successful hits at maximum range when the Hunter is wearing SmartLink. If SmartLink adds invisible ATA, the Hunter should score more successful hits than the Ranger at both maximum and point blank range, unless Hunters get a range penalty but SmartLink adds invisible ATA instead of removing the penalty. :p

The trick to making the test successful is to choose the correct ATA value so that neither the Hunter nor Ranger is particularly accurate; both classes need to miss at least 50% of the time in order to show a difference either way. The other trick is getting a large enough sample size; simply shooting 100 times won't cut it.

I found it's much easier to take the reverse engineering way than to do those tests, whether manually or automatically

The hit/miss calculation of ranged attack from TethVer12510 client looks like following pseudo code
Code:
ATA = origATA
switch atkType
{
    case normal:
        ATA = ATA * 1.0
    case hard:
        ATA = ATA * 0.7
    case special:
        ATA = ATA * 0.5
    case untekked special:
        ATA = ATA * 0.05
}
switch comboStep
{
    case first:
        ATA = ATA * 1.0
    case second:
        ATA = ATA * 1.3
    case third:
        ATA = ATA * 1.69
}

EVP = origEVP
if frozen:
    EVP = EVP - origEVP * 0.3
if shocked:
    EVP = EVP - origEVP * 0.15
if paralyzied:
    EVP = EVP - origEVP * 0.15

chance = ATA - EVP * 0.2

if not ranger or without smartlink:
    chance = chance - distance * 0.33 # distance between you and your target

chance = change * 0.01

if chance > rand(0, 1):
    hit
else:
    miss
For example, if you're using handgun to attack an enemy at handgun's max range, it's ok to use handgun's range 170 as a rough approximation of distance
So, without SmartLink, your chance to hit is lowered by 0.57 in this case

tl;dr
All smartLink does is removing the range penalty of hunter and force

From what I have read about sticky topics - like V502, the best you can hope for is that nothing was lost in translation or that some dude that developed the unit actually said it more clearly than what the game description says.

falkenjeff said:
Villain said:
From what I have read about sticky topics - like V502, the best you can hope for is that nothing was lost in translation or that some dude that developed the unit actually said it more clearly than what the game description says.

If there's a distance penalty when there's not supposed to be, though... That's kind of gamebreaking.

Like multi-mode ultimate was almost impossible for me until I got the smartlink. And if that PSO-world thread was right, it's not supposed to be.

mimimi should've played GC, it's not even that bad. :roll:

BB is based on GC, so yes.

Also that post by qwerty is from the client, not the server, so I'm not sure how it could be "coded wrong" -- it's what SEGA did.

falkenjeff said:
If there's a distance penalty when there's not supposed to be, though... That's kind of gamebreaking.
Sega's the one who broke the game, as they're the ones who coded it that way.

Link1275 said:
Noblewine said:
Does sidestory quest(s) become playable again after I beat the final chapter of ep1?
After you've beaten all of the offline quests, you can replay them. You'll need to complete the first one or two Ruins Government quests to unlock all of them.

I see. Thanks. 0/

Matt said:
BB is based on GC, so yes.

Also that post by qwerty is from the client, not the server, so I'm not sure how it could be "coded wrong" -- it's what SEGA did.
Actually BB is ported from the Xbox version of Ep 1&2. Hence the Section Id calculations being the Xbox ones.

No it isn't. The calculation is the same as in all other versions. Each character just gets an arbitrary value added to the sum of the values of every character in his name so that each class gets a different ID with the same name. On previous versions, the same name generates the same ID on every every character.

What is the key for autorun? I was sure there was one and have seen players speak while running, but I always forget it every time I take a break from PSO1 I swear...

Also I don't recall there being any but just in case: is there any way to customise what menus the F keys shortcut to? Or at the very least a shortcut to open the non-team chat log window.

Back