Quick question - Quick answer

Auto-run: Q
Auto-walk: E

I don't think so.

Auto-run and Auto-walk default settings got wiped for new characters when Sodaboy made settings save across all characters on an account. You'll need to input them in manually under Keyboard Settings → Custom (this is assuming you made your chars after that update).

Matt said:
Auto-run and Auto-walk default settings got wiped for new characters when Sodaboy made settings save across all characters on an account. You'll need to input them in manually under Keyboard Settings → Custom (this is assuming you made your chars after that update).
Actually, that's just cosmetic. I just made a new character on a new account and Q and E still work for auto walk/run. It shows as "----" for "Default1" for "Lock Move Forward" and "Lock Walk Forward", but the keys Q and E still actually work. :p

That's weird, my new characters on my C-Mode account won't register Q/E as auto-run/walk until I manually add it into Custom. o .o

Yeah, that is weird, all my characters I create on all accounts register it even if I don't set it. LOL... What the duck? I'm going to look into that further.

Ok I know we're vanilla but are rares seriously 2 teampoints right now....why? I remember them being 5-10. Whats the point in this ridiculous forced grind holy crap. o_O they're rares not candy.

They're actually doubled in Teth for some reason. SCHT they were worth half as much...

You're early game so you're getting the low star items a lot --

• 9★: 1 point
  • 10★: 10 points
  • 11★: 50 points
  • 12★: 100 points
  • S/M weapons: 5 points

Is what it's supposed to be. Once you get into Ult and play a lot, team points are a lot easier to come by.

EDIT: That reminds me, PoD is 3,000 at the team list but it was 1,000 on SEGA -- is it planning to stay like that? Source pic.

Okay this reminds me. The default itempmt in teth has doubled team point values for some reason... D'oh.

I had used PSO-W for some of my research initially. Looks like I overlooked that they had the PoD quest cost wrong.

Thanks for the notification. I'll be correcting this shortly.

falkenjeff said:
tofuman said:
Okay this reminds me. The default itempmt in teth has doubled team point values for some reason... D'oh.

Thanks for the notification. I'll be correcting this shortly.

is PoD getting its price reduced too? :p
Yes that will be corrected too. I've updated my reply also.

Thanks.

falkenjeff said:
How do I dodge Vol Opt Phase 2 green glob/laser of doom?

It seems harder here than I remember it on GC (like, almost impossible).

And it does 1380 hp, So I would basically need 4 heavenly/hp to survive....

I was also wondering how I survive getting chain-rabarta'd by Dark Falz. How many times does it hit me? How much resists/hp do I need?

Oh, those ultimate mode green orbs of doom, eh? Run in small circles until it disappears; don't stop moving. That was easy, so here goes that old strategy for that red phase of Dark Falz:

Get more resistances if you can't handle Dark Falz's Rafoie/Rabarta spams. If you are at the epicenter of those attacks, you will die for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, even with about 40 resists. Try to be at the left or right edge near Dark Falz to take minimal damage while keeping the chat menu open so that you don't get crushed by the three rushing darvants in ultimate mode too. Oh, you definitely should try to break the ice really fast, or use a Cure/Freeze during that insane part of the battle.

Right, I never studied geology; my bad. I meant the center of the map where most of the techs are spammed, hence, tapping your hp bar down to zero in less than 3 seconds. Just don't stand in the middle of the map, or else you die.

Colette said:
YOU REDUCED it? Jesus christ I'm gettin near my limit with this grindy crap.
Can we win with you? You moan that its double. Then moan that it's corrected. You should know what PSO vanilla is like. So if you don't like how it is then why play? There are easier alternatives available you know.

I was the one who mentioned it was double. He thought that 2 points was too low for TP'ing, but that's how it has always been (9★ weapons being 1TP). Once you get into Ultimate though, a lot of the common rares are 10★ anyway, making it 10TP a time and TP grows at a steady rate, assuming you play in a team of players and not just solo.

Colette said:
YOU REDUCED it? Jesus christ I'm gettin near my limit with this grindy crap.
Not trying to sound mean or anything, but PSO was designed to be played for some time. You're not supposed to get everything in a short amount of time... Just saying... That includes team stuff, rare items, and so on. It's supposed to be a long term sort of commitment.

What kind of quest is "The Robots Reckoning"? I've never heard of it and I can't really find anything about it online.

Thanks!

Matt said:

I came back to this thread to say they weren't working for me so thanks to the both of you for response/elaboration respectively!

Eistee said:
What kind of quest is "The Robots Reckoning"? I've never heard of it and I can't really find anything about it online.

Thanks!
It's a Japanese BB only quest. Ever played Toys' Twilight on SCHTServ?

It's that. The reason you won't find anything about "The Robots' Reckoning" on the web is because the quest was never given an official translation, and naturally the SCHTServ translation is the most well-known amongst the community, but the translator for the quest here decided that "Toys' Twilight" didn't really work, and came up with the current name.

"Deep Sea Rendevouz" is also guilty of this -- a more accurate translation for it would be "To the bottom of the deep indigo -MA4 Special Venue-" (not that this fits in PSO), although my favourite would have to be the person who named "荒野の果てに" as "Angels We Have Heard on High" when it actually translates to something like "To the end of the wilderness", lol...

If you haven't played it, it's basically a story-driven quest about an event 5 years after the events of Episode IV. The quest itself is really cool, and plays like a C-Mode stage (I'd say it plays closest to 2C4) instead of a standard quest such as the ENs or PWs.

falkenjeff said:
I was also wondering how I survive getting chain-rabarta'd by Dark Falz. How many times does it hit me? How much resists/hp do I need?
The easiest way to handle it is to equip a Freeze Barrier and 3x Resist/Blizzard. This will give you 75 EIC, which will prevent you from getting frozen and make you take a pithy amount of damage. Cure/Freeze is not that useful, because Rabarta will chain you to death regardless of whether you get frozen; you need to prevent it from doing damage. The only thing Cure/Freeze does is prevent the Darvants from killing you if you survive Rabarta but got frozen in the process (and you probably won't survive if you have < 50 EIC).

This only really works if you get knocked down by Rafoie, though. If you don't, Rafoie is just as deadly, so you need EFR, too. Equip a Celestial Shield instead of a Freeze Barrier to get 30 EFR, too. If you're really desperate, you can use your fourth slot for a Resist/Burning to get your EFR to 45, but you can't remove a Resist/Blizzard, or Rabarta will start freezing you again.

Back