Quick question - Quick answer

Need an Orotiagito (or Syringe) to deal with the Dub easily as it can wipe out the switch without killing the Dub.

Not sure what to suggest otherwise.

falkenjeff said:
Colette said:
OH and also, if you still get knocked down, just take out the center baranz and stand between them if you cant escape the missiles fast enough, they'll wipe eachother out for you.

I don't get knocked down, and I'm not allowed to kill them if I want SS rank.

Even if I one-shotted the dubchick I still get surrounded by missiles.

Most likely the issue is your positioning/path. Not getting knocked down is a rather large problem as you get wombo combo'd by missiles but most of them can be avoided. Remember they shoot in a pattern. You can abuse that.

falkenjeff said:
Even if I one-shotted the dubchick I still get surrounded by missiles.
Here's the poor-man's way to do it:

1. Buy a Telepipe in the shop.
  2. Enter the Baranz room and run directly to the door for Vol Opt.
  3. When you're in front of the door, set the Telepipe to go up and reset the Baranz. Don't use Ryuker, as it's slower.
  4. When you reach Pioneer 2, go back down to Mine 2.
  5. Don't move. Use a Handgun or Rifle to kill the Dubchich and make the Duvuik fall down. You're too far from the Baranz to wake them up if you're standing by the door to Vol Opt.
  6. Shoot the Duvuik from as far away as possible to open the door to Vol Opt. Run like the wind to avoid the missles if you woke up the Baranz in the process.

Holy Ray would prove quite useful in this scenario, as it's one of the few rifles that HUmar and HUnewearl can use.

There's a blindspot on Dark Bringers -- stand under their arm on their right-hand side and they can't hit you. In Normal - VH, it is their left side that has this blindspot.

Matt said:
There's a blindspot on Dark Bringers -- stand under their arm on their right-hand side and they can't hit you. In Normal - VH, it is their left side that has this blindspot.

Cool, spoiled :lol:

Matt said:
Somehow, I've never heard anybody ever mention this. :shock:

Are there any known bugs with the Episode II MA4 quests? For instance, it's known that the Ob Lilies in the corner of one room in Cave 2 are positioned over the water, so they never drop anything in MA4 B/C on Episode I. Does Episode II have any similar problems?

Aleron Ives said:
Somehow, I've never heard anybody ever mention this. :shock:
Me neither, I only discovered it myself because I was curious to see if there was a Bringer blindspot I could use like I had been taught in Challenge.
Are there any known bugs with the Episode II MA4 quests? For instance, it's known that the Ob Lilies in the corner of one room in Cave 2 are positioned over the water, so they never drop anything in MA4 B/C on Episode I. Does Episode II have any similar problems?
Nope, there are no issues like that.

1) All of them except Gol Dragon and Vol Opt. However, SDJZ only affect physical attacks, so anything that is a technique or does a set amount of damage does not get changed by JZ.

2) Darvants must have hit you, he only casts Rabarta once.

3) Because Rabarta has high range in Ultimate and you got hit by other ones.

There is nowhere to specifically stand to not get hit by more than one Technique because the range is too high. The only method is to make him fire one way (so stand on his left), then move to his other side (so move to his right when he goes down).

Matt said:
1) All of them except Gol Dragon and Vol Opt. However, SDJZ only affect physical attacks, so anything that is a technique or does a set amount of damage does not get changed by JZ.
Jellen works on Dark Falz, but it has no effect, since Falz has no physical attacks. Deband is also useless during the entire fight for the same reason.

falkenjeff said:
I finally figured out how to dodge Vol Opt btw. you have to start out to his left a bit, and (assuming you're facing him) immediately run left when the orb shoots, and start doing circles in a counter-clockwise direction.
Running in a clockwise circle works, too. ;)

falkenjeff said:
No seriously where do I stand to not get chain rabarta'd?
There is no safe spot. The direction of the chain is at least partially chosen at random, so even though you can reduce your chance of getting hit by running away from Falz's arm, you can still get hit. The odds of getting hit are lower when you have teammates, as Falz might target them instead of you. The only way to guarantee your survival is to boost your EIC.

So question about the general drops rate %'s, is there a simple way to convert this to 1/? rates? I'm very bad with math and only remember the place values for negative decimals but not converting methods. I know its probably stupid of me but I'm very bad with this stuff. I don't want to continue to commit to potentially unwinnable hunts where it takes me a month to get a single god unit or even a PD in its place.

I tried using a decimal to fraction converter but that didn't help me much as it just spat out another %.

Grab the percent (0.2698%), convert it into a decimal (0.002698), then input:

0.002698 egyptian fraction into here, and it will spit out an egyptian fraction! (which is a 1/n type of fraction)
In this case, it's 1/371 (plus a little more, as it doesn't fit neatly)

mrbigles said:
Or if you don't feel like using wolfram or whatever, just take 100 divided by the % and the number you get is the denominator of said rate.
So for the rate 0.2698: 100 / 0.2698 = 370.6 = 371 rounding up
So rate is 1/371

Fair enough... if you want a somewhat accurate but easy conversion.
Doubt 1/387266, 1/173521367959, 1/958900107889527769530368 will make much of a difference :?

Back