Quick question - Quick answer

both unreduced arrest
generally speaking, all 10 stars and above weapons have unreduced special, except asteron belt

I always wondered, is it feasibly possible to get PSO GC's telepipe effects and water on PSOBB? They were so cool. Also while I'm at it, I remember talk of it a while ago but is it possible to increase the texture cache or w/e for really high res stuff without crashes/instability? Idk if this was ever really implemented/fixed but there was banter about it on scht's skinning forum years ago.

I was thinking about that earlier myself. They might be shaders so it's probably difficult (they weren't ported correctly to Xbox either, were they?)
I'll add a +1 to that question when it comes to the possibility of increasing draw distances.

PSOX removed all of the distortion effects from GC, including:

• Telepipes
  • Sinow Berill/Spigell camouflage
  • Jungle, Seaside, and Seabed water
  • Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, and Megid heat distortion

Sega probably removed them because D3D8 wasn't capable of replicating those effects, as the GC had some pretty nifty graphics hardware for the time. Whether D3D8 is totally incapable of replicating those effects or Sega was just too lazy to try is another matter, though. The fact that Dolphin dropped D3D9 support because it didn't have enough features to emulate the GC's graphics properly isn't a good sign, though, and PSOBB doesn't even use 9, let alone 10/11.

PSO PC has much farther draw distance than any other version, so it is possible to extend it, although doing so causes some amusing glitches (e.g. being able to see all of the nearby doors and warps in the area when you use a Photon Blast, as the PB animation eliminates the walls that were previously preventing you from seeing them).

Bleh that's so poopy, but at least it's a realistic answer. Oh well that's how it is I guess.

qwerty said:
both unreduced arrest
generally speaking, all 10 stars and above weapons have unreduced special, except asteron belt

So you're sure both have Arrest and not Seize? There seems to be a difference between reduced Arrest and unreduced Seize, though I'm not exactly how that works.

I'm level a 41 RAcaseal and still reasonably new to PSO, where should I be level grinding for the time being? probz for solo play since i don't run with randoms much...

(sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I've done some searching but couldn't really find much!)

towards the future or respective tommorow for fastest leveling, pick your poison pretty much. :p

@Villain
i guess it's because demon's is too game breaking, especially [stroke]ranged[/stroke] single target multi-hits unreduced demon's with high hit%
btw, twin sabers type weapons don't suffer the multi-hits special penalty at all, they all are unreduced, even the 9 stars ones

@Addy
personally, i'd suggest forest and lost heat sword for new comers who prefer solo

@falkenjeff
Matt has already answered this
SDJZ only affect physical attacks
and PSO-W does give such infos, e.g. dragon, D.R.L., note those "Attribute" parts

falkenjeff said:
My question wasn't really answered before: which bosses does Jellen/DFP affect?

Some bosses do 100% true damage. Some do not. PSO World isn't really a good source.

Only Gol dragon and Opt cannot be jellen and zalure'd. Certain attacks do a set damage regardless of your DFP like dorphon/eclair's charge, falz's slap, and I think Opt's pillars. I'm decently sure Jellen effects Delrol and Dragon's physical attacks, but as far as those things I've listed they have a set damage. Someone like Zack would probably know them all lol.

falkenjeff said:
Colette said:
falkenjeff said:
My question wasn't really answered before: which bosses does Jellen/DFP affect?

Some bosses do 100% true damage. Some do not. PSO World isn't really a good source.

Only Gol dragon and Opt cannot be jellen and zalure'd. Certain attacks do a set damage regardless of your DFP like dorphon/eclair's charge, falz's slap, and I think Opt's pillars. I'm decently sure Jellen effects Delrol and Dragon's physical attacks, but as far as those things I've listed they have a set damage. Someone like Zack would probably know them all lol.

Someone pointed out that PSO world has an "attribute" row.

It looks like jellen works on dragon and de rol, and does nothing to any of falz attacks.

Correct, you can jellen falz but it wont do anything to devalue the damage he does with slap and orbs.

Thank you guys for the tips! I made it to 50 and am now running around VH Forest. :'D getting a bit ahead of my friends though so looking into making an alt. There's no issue with using an ID that doesn't match your class/name, is there? Other servers allowed you to change your characters' names but it was supposed to match your ID still, but I can't come up with a name for my HUcast that matches the ID I want ahaah. ;w;

I know there's a command to change it but I want to stay within the rules n' such.

If there's a command to do it, that means it's allowed. :p You won't be able to change once you hit level 20, though, so by all means, go for it.

Just making sure, since there's also a command to change your name before level 20! THANK U. <3

Back