Quick question - Quick answer

Matt said:
Grab the percent (0.2698%), convert it into a decimal (0.002698), then input:

0.002698 egyptian fraction into here, and it will spit out an egyptian fraction! (which is a 1/n type of fraction)
In this case, it's 1/371 (plus a little more, as it doesn't fit neatly)

How the heck do you convert the % to decimal...i did say idk how to do that kinda stuff.

wait so I tried it, would 0.2344% be 1/1250 then?

Move it two places to the right.

100% = 1
90% = 0.9
10% = 0.1
1% = 0.01

You get the point.

0.2344% is 1/427.

Will note that Bigles' method of 100 / percent also works, tested it with a few values and it's mostly correct.

Well it'd be appreciated for those of us that don't know how the %'s translate. It's up to you though. :d

Changed now. Percentages removed as it'd be too cluttered. Easy to get the percents from a fraction, though.

Sodaboy said:
Changed now. Percentages removed as it'd be too cluttered. Easy to get the percents from a fraction, though.
Not that I like the percents or anything but how about some sort of tool tip, in case people still want to see the percents? If it's too much trouble better not but since it would be programmatically in the generator idk.
Also if the rate falls above 1/10 (or something around that), I think you could remove the decimals on the denominator?... is kinda weird like that.

Soly said:
Also if the rate falls above 1/10 (or something around that), I think you could remove the decimals on the denominator?... is kinda weird like that.
Well, you have to keep them to be accurate, I think? For example. We do see Resist/Flame is 1/1.14 however, if I just drop the decimals, then it becomes 1/1, which is 100%. That's not true, it's ~87.5% If it said 1/1, people would expect that item to drop 100% of the time.

Another example, 1⁄3.56. your suggestion would have me change it to 1/3. 1/3.56 is about 28%. 1/3 is about 33%. That's a big difference. You don't just drop all the decimals if you're trying to put out accurate information.

About the tool tips, I'll see what I can do.

Maybe we could get an export (CSV?), which contains all rare drops (i.e., for every Section ID) in the same file? That way details (like % and maybe more) could be added without cluttering anything up (everyone can delete unneeded columns themselves), and maybe some can do nice things™ with it.

Sodaboy said:
Well, you have to keep them to be accurate, I think? For example. We do see Resist/Flame is 1/1.14 however, if I just drop the decimals, then it becomes 1/1, which is 100%. That's not true, it's ~87.5% If it said 1/1, people would expect that item to drop 100% of the time.

Another example, 1⁄3.56. your suggestion would have me change it to 1/3. 1/3.56 is about 28%. 1/3 is about 33%. That's a big difference. You don't just drop all the decimals if you're trying to put out accurate information.
And I said that wrong, what I meant was a denominator above 10 lol, so something like Gae Bolg Drop Rate: 1⁄1260.31 ... but is just what I would "like" although I guess it would be kinda nonsense to strip down the big denominators while leaving the lower ones (again as example 1/10 or 1/5) with decimals. :)

Did Elenor (the mag) ever have an official item combination? Or a referenced one?

The only reason it exists is for the cutscene in Soul of Steel I suppose, which would explain why Sega never released it and why they called it "Elenor" in the first place.

I remember there being a lot of weird unused V2 items...but I also figured Sonic Team attached something at some point, sorta like how we knew about the JPBB references to items that didn't exist. Oh well.

Someone please tell me the current hot route for getting to Ultimate. FO/HU/RA specifics if applicable. I remember MA4C but now I'm ??? after 20, just doing random stuff - not very efficient.
Thanks <3

Is PSO-W correct that Dark Bridge halves TP cost by removing half of the TP cost from your HP, or is it the same as Psycho Wand and removes the full TP cost from your HP?

I do believe that the description is correct where it halves the TP cost and the other half is subtracted from HP.

CTB said:
I remember there being a lot of weird unused V2 items...but I also figured Sonic Team attached something at some point, sorta like how we knew about the JPBB references to items that didn't exist. Oh well.

Someone please tell me the current hot route for getting to Ultimate. FO/HU/RA specifics if applicable. I remember MA4C but now I'm ??? after 20, just doing random stuff - not very efficient.
Thanks <3
If you're starting off fresh nothing beats ttf spam/dragon spam depending on how big your party is or how capable you are.
however if you are already geared and want to level a fo you could nuke EP4 solo for exp. and RA can hell needle+502 in ep2

I never tried using the specials that are linked to my weapon(s). And I've been keeping an eye out when I create a room or accept a sidequest/Principle mission. Anyways, sorry for getting sidetracked. What is the best solution to building tempo (accuracy) to executing a special?
Also what is the best elements to experiment with? So far I like using the spirit element though I want to see the other ones.

According to PSO-World, G-Assassin's Sabers' Special is unreduced Seize and P-Arm's Blades' Special is Arrest. Is this accurate?

Back