• Tekker

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Spanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hm wow PONYCANON on point with their shit. I wake up to a copyright claim. Alright well @Colette it was my mistake to make it public anyways. Maybe if I keep it unlisted it should be good.

Maybe if I study enough I'll be just as good at Japanese as @WInter Drizzle

Last edited:
I love this topic. Officially on my watched list.

thanks @Spuz

Well. It seems like PONYCANON wont stop copyrighting my video so... gonna have to find a way around it.

What I don't understand is why they are claiming my video when I ripped the SmileBomb.mp3 from another youtube video that has been up for 7+ years.

Sorry I keep posting the same video but PONYCANYON keeps claiming copyright. If you live in USA, Mexico, New Zealand or Australia it blocked the video. So I just shortened the video down to 30 seconds, about half the song. I've been watching the video for a little more than an hour now and it has yet to be claimed. I dunno if this will clear copyright or not but we'll see. If it still gets copyrighted please let me know. I'll leave it be.

Uh.... bit of a problem... Windows 10 anniversary update is giving me some serious problems. Freezing, blinking screen etc. I might have to either roll back or system restore. Hopefully nothing gets lost in the process....

Windows 10 has already cost me tons of hours of animation the piece of shit.

Roll back worked just fine.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I never happened to look at this thread before. It's nice to see that you are dabbling in animation :D
I graduated from the Art Institute in San Diego, with my bachelors degree in Game Art and Design.
Although I am mostly an environment artist, my previous jobs did require me to do lots of other tasks; including animation.

I have yet to read this entire thread, so I apologize if you've answered these questions before...
What software package are you using? Maya is amazing for animation. I'm sure whichever editor you're using, there is some sort of graph/timeline editor. Have you tried playing around with the curves at all? Your animations seem to be very snappy. This is usually because of too many key frames too close together or the curves being linear. Try using different curves, such as bezier, to smooth out the animation and delete unnecessary frames.

thanks @Colette

@Baka!
Hey it's alright. I'm sure quite a bit of people haven't seen it yet. I use Cinema 4D for everything. I've heard of Maya and Blender but never bothered to learn them since the guy I watched was a C4D user. Yea I've used the timeline curves when I need something to be smoothed out like a turn or snapped like a ball falling off an edge. They're called F-Curves in C4D. I'm not sure if they're called different in other software. The video I posted above was just something I had thrown together in my last two hours at work.

The main priority of this thread was to finish an animation project I had in mind for PSO. The project began last year and was postponed for model reasons. Eventually time passed and I forgot about the whole thing. I hopped back on the forums recently and just uploaded whatever I had in mind, still images and what not. Then I remembered I had an animation project on hold and decided to begin work on it again.

I post my animation progress or ideas here as often as I can. But animation is tedious as you know so every now and then I like to throw together something quick just to have fun and relieve stress. I wish I could say I went to school for animation. I went to school for Math instead. I have been learning through practice with a ton of trial and error so there's still plenty to learn. Anyways thanks for stopping by. ;)

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Right boys(and Colette) here's the deal. I recently spoke with glader. I'm sure many of you don't know him because he's not very active on the forums(If you're reading this Glader you gotta show your face, most don't know what you're doing). Glader and a small team of I think 3(?) people have been working on a PSO reskin(?). I'm afraid of saying rework as people seem to think the game is being completely remade. That's not true. Think of it as a remaster of the game.

Anyways, I remember running across glader's posts from 2014 and checking out the stuff they made. That was 2 years ago so I was curious as to how they've been progressing. Since they're casually working on the project I didn't expect progression to be quick. Working on something this big for free is some real love for the game so I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

To the point. He told me they could use an animator to recreate the old animations on new models to which I agreed. I contacted the 3D modeler and asked him if I could jump on board. He said he could use the help animating but... I need to show him some of my animations to make sure he knows I can do what's being asked. Problem is. I only have one "actual" animation. When I mean "actual" I mean one that I actually sunk some time into for the movement to look believable. That's the Hildebear one I'm working on right now to which I still might need to tweak later. All my other animations were done under an hour or two so they don't qualify i.e. the HUcaseal in a plane one. Still images don't count either considering they're well... still images.

We'll see how it comes along.

Is that the like, complete graphical revamp project where they just showed forest in the video? If so that'd be pretty neat. =p

Right boys(and Colette) looks like I'm in quite the pickle.

My proof class is pretty fucked at the moment. The class average was extremely low. And I mean EXTREMELY LOW. Like 27 low. So. In order to deal with this I'm gonna have to disappear for a bit. To be honest I dunno how long. Maybe even until the end of the semester. I dedicated my weekend time to animation but it looks like that can't be the case anymore.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to put this on hold (again) until the class sorts itself out. Who knows? Maybe Soly will grace me with his programming blessings and I'll be able to kick it into 5th gear when I get back. Amen Soly.

Anyways. Until December. Peace.

Sincerely, Ya Boi ScoobyDew.

Dat mustache tho.

Interesting percentages of my video views.
Costa Rica with the high view duration ayyy. Que lo que.
Ohhh. Who's from the Phillipines eh? My brothas.
US leading the way no surprise with my mates in the UK right behind.
Ireland with...108% viewed. wat?
percetangeeee.png

Last edited:
Sup bois.

Anyways. Until December. Peace.

I know from my above post I said I won't be animating until December and this still holds true. I've still been creating content because it's the only thing that keeps me on my bearing at the moment. I'm in the shit right now, so bad that I've picked up my old smoking habits until I'm in the clear.

These short videos I've been making only take about half an hour. The rendering time is a breeze with After Effects as well. So I'll still be posting things. I just won't be posting anything on the PSO Project. This is the problem with animating large projects. They take so much time and effort that they can be easily pushed to the back burner. So I just release short easy ones instead. It takes a load off my mind and it makes sure this thread doesn't get buried.

ANYWAYS! I dedicate this video to Kireek from PSO. Yes the hunter. I also dedicate to @K_I_R_E_E_K as well. Thanks for the tools son. It's always great when the community helps me.

Haha, i did see the video on schthack forums and i realised that the same thing would had been posted here.
I'm glad the tools helped, i didn't do any of them but i, like you, also use them from time to time interesting ways (videos or screens), so it's cool to see them applied on other mini projects.

Back