• Tekker

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Spanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonna work on a basic running animation for the Hildebear tonight at 6 pm EST for about an hour long stream.
Still contemplating on how he should run. Arms shouldn't be swinging since he is an ape with elongated arms. Maybe have them hand by his sides? He might look like a chicken running but animation is all about trial and error.

@Ryune if you want to see how I work come check it out.

I was able to snap a couple of pictures of episode 2 areas thanks to the Ultima server cam commands.
I didn't run PSO in a very high resolution but I'll try to if I'm legit getting pictures for something.assdss.png ffggg.png rrrr.png yyy.png vvv.png

A rough outline of the running animation. Will fix up the legs and probably the speed of his stride when I animate the upper part of his body.

Reactions: Mad
I was testing cloth material.

Do you know her?
No and you?
Me neither
She looks rich, doesn't she?
Why?
Hm, I don't know, because of her hair...
What if she is rich, what is the problem?
Have you ever seen rich people date poor people?"

What is with the PSO community? There's always a problem with something. Whether good content or not. It is still content related to PSO. There's not much out there. If it brings people back to PSO I'm happy with that. It's not like I create smut.

Well, at least they're polite about it.

Untitled.png

Lol scoobs man, gimme some content man. ;)

Lol scoobs man, gimme some content man. ;)

Here you go. I was working on something for Ephinea. I'm halfway through when I was like "oh shit! I forgot something important" so I fixed it up.
No I'm not done with it yet. It still needs masking and a logo. And no I'm not keeping those images on their heads lol.

@ToasterMage
@Matt
@tofuman

EPHINEA2_00000.png

Last edited:
What is with the PSO community? There's always a problem with something. Whether good content or not. It is still content related to PSO. There's not much out there. If it brings people back to PSO I'm happy with that. It's not like I create smut.

Well, at least they're polite about it.

Wow, people complaining about WIP content for a 16 year old game really need to find something better to do with their free time.

Your stuff actually looks pretty good btw, and the original rappy hunter video genuinely made me laugh at the finger at the end. Keep up the good work, anything to keep this zombie of a game shambling on ;3

Keep up the good work, anything to keep this zombie of a game shambling on ;3
You know. I've been waiting for a comment like this. The whole something months I've been doing this. I guess a year if you count when I first posted here.

The whole point of this really was to bring something new to the table. I'm happy that there are hardcore PSO players. Ones that know the ins and outs of the game. Who probably won't stop playing for a long time. They're the ones who will keep the server alive. While most players will hop in to relive the nostalgia for a bit, realize PSO is an extremely outdated game with little material to offer for 2016 and disappear forever, or at least a very long time.

With some animation content, whether much effort was put into it or not at least gives a spin on things. For what the game lacks, animation can recreate, re-imagine. I love PSO's slow combat system but imagine if we had a quicker, smoother style? Imagine PvP teams invading each others games. How about a Shadow of the Colossus style boss fight? It's an old game. Many of us were young men, women, or even boys and girls when it was released. Animation can make it feel new. Whatever idea anybody has in mind is doable. While these are ambitious ideas, they are possible.

I haven't had time to dedicate a serious amount of effort to any of my videos but what I have made offers me solid practice. Animation is all about repetition. Doing the same thing over and over again but the next time you animate, it should be quicker and cleaner. I'm not sure how long PSO private servers will last but hopefully long enough where I have lots of free time to work on something a bit more interesting. Even if PSO servers shut down I'd still play around with the models. Who knows, maybe SEGA will see some of this stuff and get a kick out of it. Or maybe they'll tell me to stop playing with their models like action figures.

Heh, I don't think you need to worry about PSO its got some serious sticking power with the people that grew up with it. Even today I struggle to find any game quite like it.

And though it might appear stagnation is creeping in there is life under the surface. Soly with the Teth rewrite, Eidolon with the emulation project, Kireek with his art and UI work, me with my rebalance project, and you with your animations and probably many other people tinkering around with something or other, there are plenty of people who still love this game.

That said I don't think PSO will become Shadow of The Colossus any time soon ;3

So I recorded some footage from the Ultima server to use as a background. I dunno. I don't like it. Maybe it's my computer? OBS didn't seem to record PSO very well. You can tell the background footage is uh...jumpy. It makes the whole video seem like it's lagging. Maybe I'll hop on a better computer, capture the footage and send it over to this one for editing.

Last edited:
Wanna know what I've been up to?
Here's a huge update on what's up and coming and why the fuck I haven't been doin the PSO Project.

Sneak peak. There's a couple of things I want to check out first though. The saber gave me a bit of a problem because it's transparent. I had to apply alpha, color, transparency myself otherwise it'd come out as just a grey block. Masking the saber was almost impossible, the thing starts to disintegrate towards the tip. It's a bit wonky in the video since there's nothing I could really latch onto. I might try to mask better or I might leave it. The stutter kind of reminds me of how the sprites moved in old games.

As for the Booma.. I dunno. Glader showed me how to remove the black parts from the claws and mouth by using alpha but it's been giving me a problem. It's making the textures transparent. Look at the Booma's claws and feet. The animation is strange as well. Normally when you animate movement you should move the whole body down towards the feet but the Booma was exported with the feet moving towards the body. In other words, his torso is stationary while the limbs are animated to simulate movement instead of the other way around. I don't like how it looks. It means I have to move his whole model manually for the animation to look normal.

I REALLY wanna keep the Booma. To me he seems like the classic enemy. Like the Skeleton in DnD games but he's being a pain to work with. I dunno... I made the background Forest 1. The only other options are Wolves and Rappys and I don't wanna only use them.

I'm gonna have to rescale things. I feel like there's not enough room on screen. There's still a ton of animation and editing to handle. I might have to take another snap of Forest for more depth as well.

Oh and I put PP instead of TP cause I was using a Golden Sun image as reference. I'll change it later.

GoldenSunPSDIMAGE copy.png

Last edited:
Back