• Tekker

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Spanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right. I have quite a few questions actually. You can answer as many or as little as you like. Some of the answers are probably stupidly obvious but I get guess it's nice to have a set of instructions somewhere in case I forget. The PG OWNS! works fine. For some reason it wasn't able to be located before. As for the framerate. It actually isn't terrible it was just that sometimes pso.exe sticks around as a background process even when you exit it. Sometimes it sticks around as multiple which will vastly slow performance. Anyways... onto the questions:

You need to exit the game normally, closing the window will not actually close PSO, The game is also always in focus, even when doing other tasks in other windows

Resolution:
Is it fixed? Can I lower it a tad?

https://kireekpso.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/pso-v2-high-res-widescreen-demo/

Camera:
The camera has 10 angles. But they seem fixed to certain spots. Like a Resident Evil game. Any way to move the camera freely about? I tried it on Forest 1 and the camera spun outside the map.

Camera 4 (some call it the super cam), left arrow key to trigger it, 0 and left control for zoom, numpad for rotation

PG OWNS! / Camera tool:
I'm only able to use these when I don't load the game through HUD removal. Some of them don't work such as color select(I think?).
Then that's how it has to be i guess.

Items:
The item pack mod / bank mod. Where do the items I create go? I would've thought in my item pack or bank(duh!) but I don't see anything there.
I use an actual trainer (bank mod) to create items, not that tool, the idea was to place a trainer so players could warp easily

Ippatch.exe:
Type the new IP address below and patch it?
For connecting to online servers.
To a server or to your own server if you use the return ip adress and you have one running

Wmccheat:
Run time error '75'
Path / File access error
I'm guessing it can't find the game.
It should work i think, but the idea is to patch the game for certain things including fullscreen and window mode (saves me the trouble of creating fullscreen and window mode exes

I think that's about it. There's a bit more I didn't look at like game modes and other stuff but I doubt I'll be using them.
Also, I detected some trojan in PG OWNS!

Again I bet the answer to some of these is pressing one button but it's 6:15 am in NYC which is the perfect time for a hungryman on a hero.

They are save to be used, i'm guessing the hooks they use use rules detected by antivirus softwares, still it's save.

The super cam. Is that what you're using to fly around the map? I was only able to zoom in and out on myself and make a left rotation. Hm hm maybe I fudged something. I'll play with it more later tonight.

Hm hm pretty cool stuff! Used the camera a bit more to get some random screenshots.

prettyCoolStuff.jpg

I lowered the resolution just to make my life easier(and my computers). Works great. I been checking out your wordpress. I didn't know you spoke Portuguese. Pode me ajudar con algo mas(or mais)? I speak Spanish but our languages are similar de verdad?

Anyways. You took some beautiful pictures of empty environments and docile creatures. Care to explain how you were able to do so? If removing the HUD is not possible alongside the tools(for me at least). I have this dream about using Seaside for something...I won't say what.

In fact episode 2 has some of the most gorgeous environments. If only they expanded upon them more. But I digress. Maybe I'll get a copy of Fraps and capture timelapse of Seaside beach.

You should be able to use the hud removal with the tools, altough i sometimes get a delay for it to take effect, but it's usually 1 second, going in and out of focus sometimes helps.

I never actually fly around the map in PSO v2, i simply use 1 of 3 techniques to remove the characther:
- zoom out enough to the point the char is gone, since rotation is on an angle, the further you are, the more drastic is the rotation, making small adjustments impossible
- by making the characther go into a wall, some trainers and patchers remove walls, so you will be able to go there and set the camera inside the rooms
- by double warping, for a reason i don't know, double warping to remove a char only works online, but the trick is to warp once and while you're loading you warp again, if done correctly you will load into the area without the char, you can move around as easily as before, altough the effect becomes somewhat like this

As for ep2 areas, that's with PSO BB, i have tools to use on the eden server, no clue if they work here or if the same tools were made available here, that version of the game does have a proper fly cam.

Before I head to work Figured it'd be easier to show you a video of me trying to run the tools with no HUD.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

As for ep2 areas, that's with PSO BB

Ah yes I forgot...damn... the best areas are in ep2

Last edited:
For anyone who wonders how I pose models. You can see I was gonna animate her in the video with F-curves but decided against it because I'm lazy.

picsss0024.jpg

Well that's odd, they should work, maybe running all of them as admin?
I honestly don't know why the camera, the trainer and the hud removal doesn't work.

I forgot I have many more models. I loved using the WoW models for their abundance of bones and their wide range of facial expressions... and oh God who doesn't love Night Elves?nightElf.png

Well that's odd, they should work, maybe running all of them as admin?
I honestly don't know why the camera, the trainer and the hud removal doesn't work.
Ah could that be it? Running them all as admin? I'll try it again with it.

Last edited:
Excellent. It was a combination of what Archivebit and KIREEK recommended. I needed all programs to be run through admin and to stop my cpu from dimming the light when it asked for notification.

Still some things to clear up though. wmccheat still doesn't work. Isn't that the program that allows me to walk through walls? And you said the trick to making the character invisible is double warping but it only works online. I would need a server to connect to then.

WMCcheat is a patch trainer, it patches and unpatches the game with the things you want, you sure it doesn't work after you patched the game?
Yes, double warping online causes the char to disappear, you can connect to a server or have your own (somehow) and connect to it, the ip is introduced with another patcher called IPpatch.

you sure it doesn't work after you patched the game?

you can connect to a server or have your own (somehow) and connect to it,

So wmccheat should work after I use ippatch? Problem is I don't have a server to connect to. If I connected to Ephinea it would bust me for cheating.

So wmccheat should work after I use ippatch? Problem is I don't have a server to connect to. If I connected to Ephinea it would bust me for cheating.
Before or after won't make a difference, the patches change the exe directly so that when you run the game after it is patched, you can see the changes.

WMCcheat must be used before launching the game.

Connecting to ephinea won't work since this server is a PSO BB server, you can however check sylverant
As they state on the connect guide
Patch the game to connect to “sylverant.net” or “67.222.144.120”, and then everything should “just work”

An alternative is to use schthack old software (for a pso v2 server) and then use the "return ip" adress to connect to it, something along the lines of 192.168.xxx.yyy
If you wish i can upload the software, altough having sylverant should be enough for now

in luv.png

Looks like everything works fine except I wasn't able to connect to Sylverant.net.

A serial # is needed to connect so I created an account and registered my guildcard on their site by following their guide:

On the login page you are presented with there, select New User, and fill in the form. Upon doing that, log into the account management system, and select “Manage Your Guildcards”. If you have a PSOPC Serial Number/Access Key pair (for instance, from a retail copy of the game or from another server), select “Register an existing PSO for PC Serial Number and Access Key” and register your key through the form, otherwise pick the “Generate a new PSO for PC Serial Number and Access Key” link (make sure to write the SNAK pair down somewhere, as you’ll need to set it in the game).

I think the final piece is setting it in game as stated above but I'm not sure where to set it.

A little announcement.

Way back I had decided to make an animation for PSO. A trailer sort of video? I'm not sure what to call it. It was based on the actual Burning Rangers anime. Here, for those who haven't seen it.

Anyways, I was relying on Kions skills to help me extract models from PSO. I have just about everything except .xj files, maps, map textures, map animations, many weapons, and weapon textures. Unfortunately Kion dropped out.

I'm not sure why(or what to call the texture) but sabers, swords, rifles, the colored glow they radiate depending on what they are doesn't load correctly in C4D. It comes up as a grey block. To be honest I'm not very good at C4D or animating in general since everything I know was self taught through messing around with the program or watching others. So I lack a lot of the technical side. Someone was explaining alpha-cutoffs to me and I have yet to make them work right.

Before Kion left I was given some maps I was waiting on but they are without textures. So I was left to keep the characters in limbo. Which put me off from finishing the project for a long time... the whole summer. Granted, I didn't have much time to work on it since I took summer courses(which costed me a fortune). All my animations from here on out will be in limbo.(which will lower render time significantly) Thanks to KIREEK I'm able to get some background photos and recordings.

Everything I make is really me just getting an idea out on "paper" before it disappears. Like a sketch. Never meant to look amazing, just an idea. Which had me thinking... I should just finish that project I had planned. I'm not sure how long it will take or how much effort I will put into it but I always just try to get something out there even if I had given up on it.

Animating PSO characters is actually pretty damn difficult. Because they are such old models and are obviously limited in movement and facial expression. They have a fraction of the bones WoW characters have. Moving them around can make them seem rubbery as I saw in the HUcasts arms in my Cowboy Bebop photo. If these were Source Film Maker models it would be a breeze.

Anyways. If anyone can finish exporting those maps and map textures it'd be a huge help. Until then, I'll work on the project whenever I have the free time. I'll upload some of the stuff I work on to see if it needs tweaks or not. Depending on how I do on the next two midterms(oh Jesus I hope I pass) will determine the amount of time I put into animation.

That's about it. We'll see how it unfolds. Guess I'll change the thread to PSO Project

I actually was following Kion too, before he disappeared.
I've been mostly focusing in the server and my own tools but I could put some time into this and see how it goes.

Would you mind to give me some "briefing" regarding to what you know so far? Either in public or private.

About the "glow", I don't know what it would be in a 3d model, maybe just another section that pso will then give transparency and color. The photon colors are in the ItemPMT file so that might get you somewhere?

Would you mind to give me some "briefing" regarding to what you know so far? Either in public or private.

Right. I should be getting a new mic tomorrow. Then I'll just record a video and talk about what I have and don't.

About the "glow", I don't know what it would be in a 3d model, maybe just another section that pso will then give transparency and color.

I think the game assigns transparency and color so when I load it up in PVM it losses those tags so I ended up with a colorless, alpha-less, non transparent texture.

Here is the model loaded in.

sabb.png

I had to apply the color, alpha and transparency to get something like this.

sabe.png

The photon colors are in the ItemPMT file so that might get you somewhere?

Sounds familiar. I exported everything in 2015 so I don't remember if I came across that file or not. Know exactly where it would be located?

I know as much about what happened to Kion as anybody else..which is little to none.

I wish I could delve deeper into the PSO files and do the rest myself but the most programming experience I have was an Intro to Java course from years back. What is PSO even coded in? C#?

Anyways, in a bit I'll post a video of my knowledge on what the file types are and how I export them if anyone is interested. Or if you're just curious to what I sound like.

That sounds about right, the ItemPMT file is in the server (the login server specifically), and is sent to your client when you log in, technically you don't even need it, as the colors are configurable (you could use my ItemPMT editor if you want to see what colors are there).
I recently posted this in another thread http://imgur.com/Gdna6sS, I changed the colors 2 times in that gif, the color data is 2 argb colors and a flag saying if the colors should be transitioning, if its off, the game only uses color 1.

PSO is in C, but nobody has the source of it (afaik) so that doesn't matter, as long as you can code functional stuff, which I sort of do efficiently in C#, every tool I have coded and posted here (or not) has been made in C#.
But reverse engineering files sometimes is not an easy task anyway.

I'm usually curious about stuff like that, how people look or how they sound like... don't think I'm creepy tho, idk is nice to know people, but also a little head start would be good, I have been reading the ninja library documentation but without looking at the files and doing stuff with them is hard to get anywhere.

If anything needs to be explained more just let me know. I guess I didn't explain anything of use beyond exporting and what each file is for. A better, more technical explanation is in the Ninja-lib folder itself. Also I didn't know Ninja-lib was published again. Glader asked me if I could zip it and upload somewhere but I wasn't sure how Kion felt about it floating around so I told him to ask Kion himself for it. I was gonna archive it though in case something happens to the computer I have it on.

Last edited:
Back