Ephinea's Christmas Event

I do like the event though those 60 hitters look nice. Now those are prizes I'll still participate and see what happends. Thanx soda for a nice xmas event as well.

i like this change a lot
photon spheres alone are worth placing in the event
the presents are a pretty cool addition, but what happens when the present list changes? or is it not gonna change?

is the number of people able to place in ta gonna stay 20? one person with multiple chars could end up with a lot of amazing stuff.

the 50 hit RM is srsly sexy zanba too o:

The Present list won't change until Christmas of next year. Also, if one person has multiple accounts and gets on the boards with each one then he has multiple accounts and gets on the boards. Same thing that would happen in any other game that has boards and rewards for said boards.

do multiple chars that place on the board with the same GC all get rewards?
could potentially mean one person in this event could have access to a great deal of items for placing with other people that are 90% gonna place in the top 20 every event due to sheer time spent practicing in the past and friendships with other ta'ers

or is the idea just let them get stuff fully sphere'd for ta purposes in the future?
then they will all place 100% and the stuff they get will prolly lose it's appeal after a couple events and just shit all over non-ta'ers in trades and auctions

again not trying to be an asshole but these are things that have insane appeal and flooding a small set of people with them is gonna skew everything in their favor later on
also i think the hit items you get from the event should have 1% hit added so they're easy to identify from shit found actually hunting

I honestly think you're thinking too much. But it will be an account reward vs. a character reward, I guess?

In other online MMOs and what not, multiple people are discouraged from the boards by the fact that, most of the time, those games are pay to play. Either paying for an extra account by a subscription or an extra character slot. The fact that this server is free to create accounts and unlimited characters, there is really little that can be done to discourage it. Policing the board and looking at which accounts belong to whom, either via similar looking e-mail addresses or IP, is just too much work to do. Even then, that person could just say "Oh, it's my roommate who lives with me." and you have really no way to prove them wrong. It's too much and I'm not going to deal with it.

Anyhow, all the time you spend thinking about how much a reward from this event will skew things in favor of others in future events could probably be better spent actually TAing this event and getting yourself on the board, IMHO. If you don't make it this time, then you can practice TAing other stuff for other possible future TA events.

I do agree with your idea of adding 1% to the items, though. Good looking out on that one.

just giving my opinion
this list isn't so busted so that's good

just have to be careful giving out items that make hunting obsolete is basically my concern i s'pose
once you have access to insanely desirable items you can just trade one off and absorb huge amounts of the available trade fodder
when you have all the fodder you can just make un-refusable offers on anything valuable that gets sold or auctioned
snowballs on, trading gets inflated, and getting basic equips can become a serious hassle through trading etc etc etc
this isn't an idea its what has happened

these concerns aren't based on me wanting all the good shit for myself, having super good items is nice but removing the desire for me to hunt by having fully sphered mega-hit uber shit just makes me not wanna play so i avoid it usually
the hunt and the finding is the most rewarding thing for me
if the hunt is actually plausible and not just banging your head against a wall

hopefully this server gets a decent amount larger so the ta event could have serious competition

Last edited:
Why does there need to be a reward for TA?

All this seems to me is to keep the status quo to whoever TA and gets the gears. It seems like a really unfair advantage.
You might as well as why any server does anything rewarding for any groups of players.

I don't see it as a problem, however. Like I was telling Matt on Skype earlier, this is always how it ends up on any online game.

Choose any other online game, really. You always have that group of players who practices, gears up, challenges an event or task, gets better gear, then does the same thing when the next event rolls around. They're always on the top of the boards and, honestly, why shouldn't they be? They've put in the effort to get there.

Oh, they shouldn't be rewarded because you don't TA yourself? Oh, they shouldn't be rewarded because you don't get your own group of people to TA with you? Oh, they shouldn't be rewarded because you can't match their skill level?

Honestly, it seems like all of those are problems of your own. Not problems of the game or the other players.

This type of scenario seems to always happens no matter what game it is and it's always the players who don't want or can't participate who cry foul.

What it really comes down to is "He's got something I can't or don't have. I want it and I'm going to cry about it until someone pacifies me."

Even with the items that are on this reward list, at least my updated list, they don't seem game-breaking enough to where even if you didn't have these items (there's other stuff in the game that's better that can be hunted), you wouldn't stand a chance at a future type of TA event.

Get good.

Yes. SodaBoy thinks TA in PSO is important, so he's rewarding TAers. It's his server, so he can do as his likes.
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said "TA in PSO is important". At the same time, I don't think it's a problem rewarding good times for clearing certain events.

i like the idea of fostering competition
but this specific competition only serves a tiny group of people while alienating others for seemingly no reason

other games are not this game and most don't have the staying power this one has so i don't think it's a fair comparison

if the only thing you gave was photon spheres the event would still be worth competing
if possible you could give the people who placed 2x drops for a week after the event
the people that actually wanna time attack and be good at it they don't need to be showered with rewards

the idea of presents is also cool i think it should stay

i like the idea of fostering competition
but this specific competition only serves a tiny group of people while alienating others for seemingly no reason
No, this competition is doing NO SUCH THING.

It's only a tiny group of people because you guys decide not to participate. That's the bottom line.

You don't like to TA? That's fine. But you can't blame anyone else for that but yourself.

You know, I'm also planning a Battle Mode event in the future as well. There's only like 6 people on this server who play BA regularly. I'm sure you'll cry foul on that as well, if we give out rewards.

Again, who's fault is that? Certainly not the servers. Certainly not the players who do play Battle Mode.

Figure it out.

That would be nice to have a Battle Mode event. Certainly I would register for it and could add little competition and fun games.

there can be a balance it doesn't have to be all or nothing
seems strange to make the server more of a grind by changing drop tables and lowering the hit rate for the stuff people really want, but if you place in an event you auto get super amazing hit weapons with nearly no equal (i'm pretty sure none of those items exist on the server now)
why even hunt them just place in event

i'm looking at it from the perspective of game/server health, if thats even a thing
i dont mind people having good equipment
it becomes
  1. wait til event
  2. have group of skilled players to call on
  3. borrow equipment from the pool of the players
  4. get dank times and shit on everyone
  5. event ends take good shit sell off excess
  6. stop playing til next event
this is an extreme case but it's where this stuff seems to be headed

just give them things that are rare and take a shitload of time but any person can get and not need bullshit RNG to get hella hit
like sphere, adept, max stat rr, magical piece, and everything on the list now what isn't a weapon
also im all for more events like this one, if the rewards are fair

at any rate im just giving counter argument to push for a healthy non-game breaking solution
just an opinion not a demand

i edit these walls of text like 8 times gd you'd think i'd be less shit at writing by now

idk why everyone is getting upset. ta isnt a sin lol... just try it and get the best time you can get with your friends. it's not ma4c vs ma4b, no one will troll you and harass you. just have fun jeez.
also sodaboy i love u for making this xmas event<3 marry me pls

I like the updated list, and I think some of you people need to just try the TA. As it stands right now, literally everyone who is on the TA boards is getting rewarded (top 5 times, yes?). As long as you can complete the quest, I say try TA.

Reactions: Esc
Back