Ephinea's Christmas Event

Since I'm salty about being booted from top 5 in Ep. IV and since I've just noticed that the person who planned the TA-event and the rewards is ranked first place in all three episodes, I just want to remind Soda of this in case he forgets...
I didn't plan this event for my own benefit, although I'm sure it looks like that and nothing I say is going to change your mind on that.

I'm just a player who likes to do this stuff, and I just put forward what I thought would be appropriate for people who participated in said competition (since I've participated in similar competitions in other games and whatnot). Instead of crying that things are unfair, why don't you... you know... suggest alternatives instead of clearly trying to cause drama over this? (I've seen you do it this in lobby also)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatives, i.e. changes to the list were proposed. Soda seemed to acknowledge them, but there hasn't been any confirmation or changes on the first post.

4P-TAing requires very specific skills and play-style as observable by the fact that the higher-ranking teams are mostly 3 male casts and a FO. People who don't normally like playing that way are at a clear disadvantage and at 50h, the prizes are quite good. So yeah, it's natural to feel that "me me me" and others being excluded. A few days ago, everyone was complaining about it, and now you're making a personal attack on my character just because I brought it up again and pointed out the obvious.

As for other event ideas, I heard one in the lobby: You could have time attack, but have different categories. Maybe with different restrictions, i.e. just 2P or class restrictions. That way, other playstyles would become more viable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatives were hardly proposed, it was just "I don't like that this item is unobtainable, please remove it". There were like 1 or 2 suggestions from certain members, but it was only stuff like... "make it photon spheres only", which we don't personally agree with.

It's not really being excluded if you don't want to play something like it. It's your choice at the end of the day. No game can cater to every single type of player all the time, it's just simply not possible.

When it comes to branching out TA (player number, automatic PB, class restrictions), it's already been discussed, this event was more of a test to make sure it would work vanilla (and so we could use Fiasco before it cycles out). Furthermore we wouldn't want to run 50 different TA events side-by-side just so people can feel "included", so we'll just have to see what happens. Don't expect everything to be catered towards you specifically.

thanks for the presents and event

event thoughts
events based on skill/exp in certain playstyle or game mode will always favor certain groups of players in most cases
there's really no way to cater to the whole playerbase, and that's fine

it seemed the only reason the rewards were so good was to encourage more people to try, but in reality most of them were removed from the board anyway

that's the only reason i thought the rewards shouldn't include hit rare weapons (hit non-rares of different colors that = ata of 60 hit max tier would be cool, for more visual character customization and still be worth getting)
instead give them things that helped them cut time grinding, and spend more time hunting, instead of flat out getting great weapons
this reward list is fine for the first event, just don't try to 1-up event rewards after each event or shit will prolly get absurd

it's nice to have events just gotta keep in mind when you offer great shit and limited positions to acquire said shit, the board are gonna be dominated by the better players and classes

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that there's a certain group of players who don't get along with another group of players. I dunno if this is like the Bloods vs. Crips saga of PSO, but the drama started on an old server and doesn't need to be repeated here.

Some people have been banned, maybe unjustly, but I have overturned those bans for now.

Please don't bring that crap here... I know one of my staff members is in one of those groups, so I want to stress that what I'm saying goes for both parties.

If there is someone you dislike in the lobby and you don't want to talk to them, use the block guildcard function. That's what it's there for. You won't see chat, symbol chats, or word selects from someone on your block list. They won't even be able to join games you host.

You can also ignore a user on the forum by clicking their name, viewing their profile, and clicking the "Ignore" button. Maybe use that too.

Going to unlock this topic for now. Keep the drama out of it.

Welp, shame I missed the majority of this event due to being home for the holidays with no Windows computer available. Hope a lot of people have gotten dank loots and will the last few days.

Seems like the response to the reward list is overwhelmingly negative. How about we just keep it simple then? How about the reward list is simply to pick from a modified group of items that dropped from Presents during the holidays?

This is what I propose. (Note the weapons are slightly buffed and a couple of things were added like Photon Sphere and Liberta Kit.)

Photon Sphere
Dress Plate 4 Slot
Wedding Dress 4 Slot
Zanba 50 Hit
Monkey King Bar 50 Hit
Frozen Shooter 50 Hit
Slicer of Fanatic 50 Hit
Galatine 50 Hit
V502
V801
Red Merge
Resta Merge
Magic Stone "Iritista"
Syncesta
Rambling May 50 Hit
Amitie's Memo
Liberta Kit
Anti-Dark Ring
Anti-Light Ring
Present
The "Ubers" are removed and it takes the gamble out of opening Presents, unless you actually pick the reward "Present" in which you'd have a low chance at an Uber... but you could get a Disk too...
In the present is it the items from the special presents During xmas?

Fuck yeah managed to find a last minute present.

ieTNDFJ.png

Oh.

My goal this christmas was to find an ultimate present. The majority of the event was spent leveling, since I was still a very low level when I came back to this server mid-event. I only got a few days to play in ultimate difficulty, and stayed up last night to play until the event ended in the morning, but during the last hour or so of the event, it finally dropped for me, an xmas frozen shooter. :)

A lavis cannon also dropped for me from a monster, so that was really surprising and nice! It wasn't an xmas lavis though so I stayed determined in my goal. No idea what I'll do with it yet...

I'll be putting up the Time Attack reward shop tomorrow morning as well as increasing the chance of acquiring Hit % weapons in Episode IV for all IDs. (It will be 5% across all IDs.) I actually forgot about the Hit % increase, I could have had that done this morning.

Anyhow, I didn't have time to finish the TA reward quest in time due to other things, but all will be right with the world tomorrow morning.

Look forward to a short maintenance at 15:30 UTC on 1/3/2016.

Thanks for your participation in the event.

Back