Ephinea's Christmas Event

Aleron Ives said:
I had resolved not to get into these matters anymore, but since you asked...
You weren't the person being asked, though? I thought you didn't even play BB?

Aleron Ives said:
I would guess that the problem is that you're basically giving out unobtainables, due to just how bad the odds of getting Hit are in Episode II. You're not likely to find a Zanba with 15% Hit, let alone 50% Hit,
No, you're giving out things that are hard to obtain, not unobtainable. 50 hit items are considered unobtainable now? Seriously?

Aleron Ives said:
so the event Zanba is going to turn into the Rainbow of Ephinea -- the uber sword that beats all others and that nobody can get outside of events.
50h Zanba is an uber?
???
Standard sword range is awful. DoB w/ thirteen is better in pretty much any situation. For closely grouped spawns, Vjaya special does more damage with H accuracy.
Rainbow was broken because of both range and raw ATP, which zanba doesn't have. Comparing a broken, unobtainable, post-sega item with a 50h ep2 weapon is dumb as hell.

Aleron Ives said:
Event prizes should be good enough to make people interested in the event but not so good as to make every other find of the same item inferior for eternity. After all the broken event item disasters SCHTServ created over the years, I would have hoped that people would start to err on the side of caution in this respect, but I guess not.
Sick hyperbole.
I'm looking forward to one person finding a 45h+ untekked Zanba. Since it will have more hit than the event one, I'll look forward to calling you objectively wrong. It's even better because this could potentially happen any day for the rest of eternity.
These items are tame compared to SCHTServ event items. What exactly is your idea of erring on the side of caution? Weapons with low/no hit? You understand certain weapons require a minimum amount of hit to be more useful in certain situations than other weapons that are easier to obtain right? Without that there really isn't any incentive.

*dreams of a world where EP 1/2/4 have 5% chance for Hit for all Section IDs*

I'm not saying anything about prizes being too op (though I agree on some) but what I don't like about all this right now is that rewards got announced 4 days before christmas event ends. Now people who are not on the leaderboard are starting to panic making it really hard to find a team because everybody just wants to play with good players (of course). Feels like PA class in school and the casuals are left out. Then all the top TAers who placed in the leaderboard one or two weeks ago are like "hey just play it, you might like it" but like I said, now 3 days before deadline it's hard to find teams. So in case christmas event is really supposed to end on January 1st I was hoping with the newly announced rewards it will be extended for one week.

to be entirely fair, people were told ahead of time that the rewards were going to be worth going for

it's just that the playerbase mindset is still stuck in the past where people just sit in the lobby all day, call the people who actively attempt to improve their gear and skills "elitist tryhards" and then complain when they don't get rares when they aren't looking for them

this happened on scht, it happens on pso2, and it happens here as well. you aren't going to get shit for drops if you don't look for them.

however, i do agree that the prize list should have been announced sooner. then we could have given feedback much sooner, and people would have had reason to care for more than just one week.

also weren't the other special presents going to be revealed to us for the last week of the event? what's even left? we have two hu and two fo weapons now, so all that's missing is a ra weapon.

giving it some thought, it's probably either guld or just guld milla straight, but nobody would want 0'd guld milla.

So it was announced from the start that there will be rewards for good TA times? I thought TA is just a bonus like in every other game... ;)

What I always don't like about this is that it requires reading the forum to know these things. Even when enabling TA there is no information about rewards in the tab info window. Quick idea for next event: Since lobby can have pictures displayed how about having some pictures with event information like "participate in TA for super hot rewards blabla".

to be entirely fair, people were told ahead of time that the rewards were going to be worth going for

it's just that the playerbase mindset is still stuck in the past where people just sit in the lobby all day, call the people who actively attempt to improve their gear and skills "elitist tryhards" and then complain when they don't get rares when they aren't looking for them

It sounds as if you're equating, or at least correlating, a lack of interest in Time Attacking with laziness or a lack of effort put into hunting items. I assure you that this is not the case.

What I always don't like about this is that it requires reading the forum to know these things.
If you aren't checking the official outlet for information for whatever online game you're playing and don't find out about something related to an event until it's too late then it's your own fault. I mean, hell. Even the login message tells you to check the forums. Am I the only person that reads these things?

Quick idea for next event: Since lobby can have pictures displayed how about having some pictures with event information like "participate in TA for super hot rewards blabla".
This is still a good idea, though.

So it was announced from the start that there will be rewards for good TA times? I thought TA is just a bonus like in every other game... ;)
But like, this shit right here? This is an awful attitude. Yes, it's optional, but you have no room to complain about being left out of the rewards if you put no effort into trying it at all. Every online game with active administration worth its salt will attempt to foster healthy player competition through some means, be it through PVP competitions or speed run competitions. Even PSO2 does it with those live events where a bunch of people gather together to watch a bunch of people play one quest really quickly. The winners even get rewarded! What a concept. Pokemon hosts official tournaments. The winners get rewarded. Wow! Ragnarok Online has had a few PVP competitions in the past. Yes, the winners got prizes. Shock.

Just because something is optional doesn't mean that you don't get rewarded for it.

It sounds as if you're equating, or at least correlating, a lack of interest in Time Attacking with laziness or a lack of effort put into hunting items. I assure you that this is not the case.
Look, I'm just saying if you aren't going to put any effort into something at all then you shouldn't be complaining when you don't get rewarded. We've gone over the old rewards list for ranking in TAs and there's no more 50 hit Excaliburs or Heaven Strikers on it anymore, but I'm not sure at what point the "anti-elitist" "community" is going to be satisfied. If you really want to see alternatives, how about you suggest some instead of sitting around on your hands all day saying "I HATE THIS THIS IS BAD" like a bunch of screaming fifth graders?

Here, here's a suggestion. Here's how easily you can help "fix" this "problem" that everybody so desperately hates. Watch carefully now:

Have the rewards be nothing but vanity Charge weapons on non-Sword weapons, with enough hit to equal 50H on their respective Yellow tier weapon. No? How about Photon Crystals? A large quantity of Photon Drops?

What do you mean, this was already suggested? Whoops! Time to start arguing again.

No, you're giving out things that are hard to obtain, not unobtainable. 50 hit items are considered unobtainable now?

I'm looking forward to one person finding a 45h+ untekked Zanba. Since it will have more hit than the event one, I'll look forward to calling you objectively wrong. It's even better because this could potentially happen any day for the rest of eternity.

With Ep2/Ep4's current hit chance (1%; 3% Yellowboze) and alleged chance of getting 40h+ untekked (1.44%, unless you have a more reliable source), getting a rare weapon with 40h+ is about 1/6944.4 (1/2314.8 Yellowboze) out of all its drops; we are expected to find thousands of the drop before one with equal or better hit appears. If the weapon itself is rare enough, requiring 5 hours to hunt one on average perhaps, someone dedicated to hunt one is very likely to need more than 5 years just to find one of them. It's obtainable, but not realistically obtainable.

Through community effort one may drop, but currently the time spent into hunting (40+h Zanba for example) pales in comparison with the length of the hunt.

@Agastya idk why you're so pissed off about the stuff I wrote. And yes, I'm reading those login messages (most of the time). But was it really announced from the start of TA that there will be rewards? I kinda missed that. Or was it just Matt and NDW telling their friends that there will be rewards? Just saying...

You're posting examples from other games? You know what the difference is? People know right from the start what they can get out of it. I thought we would get nothing, just a leaderboard position and I guess I'm not alone. So all I'm asking for now is a little bit more time.

... I'm reading those login messages (most of the time). But was it really announced from the start of TA that there will be rewards? I kinda missed that. Or was it just Matt and NDW telling their friends that there will be rewards? ...
It was mentioned by Soda in the official changelog thread but the list of rewards was unknown until recently.

also weren't the other special presents going to be revealed to us for the last week of the event? what's even left? we have two hu and two fo weapons now, so all that's missing is a ra weapon.
Forgot about this.

Last Special Present is Handgun: Guld.

RE: People crying about Hit%, can reduce from 50% to 40% for the TA rewards and adjust Episode IV hit % appearance (since we never knew the rates for %s anyway) to be 3% to all IDs with the exception of Yellowboze which would get 5%. Right now it's 1% all the way around, exception Yellowboze at 3%.

Will that pacify you?

I can't get a strong ta team together this is sad .. but I'm all ready rich from hunting and trading the real way so I guess I don't need a free Photon sphere or 50 hit item . Took months of grinding at home and during work I'm a real dedicated player who's proud of what he achieved. Where now sum noobs are getting better gear then me because they completed a quest fast. And the items are better then every single thing I found within the start of the server its gonna break the economy. People are complaining about not enough pds in the server I saved up a total of 500 (including S rank specials) give or take the real way

RE: People crying about Hit%, can reduce from 50% to 40% for the TA rewards and adjust Episode IV hit % appearance (since we never knew the rates for %s anyway) to be 3% to all IDs with the exception of Yellowboze which would get 5%. Right now it's 1% all the way around, exception Yellowboze at 3%.

Will that pacify you?
Apparently not. Higher hit% rates for Ep4 would be nice though, especially since I haven't gone hard on Lame/HS runs yet.

I can't get a strong ta team together this is sad .. but I'm all ready rich from hunting and trading the real way so I guess I don't need a free Photon sphere or 50 hit item . Took months of grinding at home and during work I'm a real dedicated player who's proud of what he achieved. Where now sum noobs are getting better gear then me because they completed a quest fast. And the items are better then every single thing I found within the start of the server its gonna break the economy. People are complaining about not enough pds in the server I saved up a total of 500 (including S rank specials) give or take the real way
I don't think somebody who's capable of clearing Fiasco quickly is a "noob" considering how much planning goes into effectively killing the spawns.

this has become quite the dramatic...

fiasco

tumblr_nfczv2Z8341rsrk2xo1_500.gif

Back