Ephinea's Christmas Event

i'm not gonna enter event as is
event is good and i can see its got a lot of people playing quite a bit

but the rewards should encourage hunting, and many of these don't imo

You might as well as why any server does anything rewarding for any groups of players.

I don't see it as a problem, however. Like I was telling Matt on Skype earlier, this is always how it ends up on any online game.

Choose any other online game, really. You always have that group of players who practices, gears up, challenges an event or task, gets better gear, then does the same thing when the next event rolls around. They're always on the top of the boards and, honestly, why shouldn't they be? They've put in the effort to get there.

Oh, they shouldn't be rewarded because you don't TA yourself? Oh, they shouldn't be rewarded because you don't get your own group of people to TA with you? Oh, they shouldn't be rewarded because you can't match their skill level?

Honestly, it seems like all of those are problems of your own. Not problems of the game or the other players.

This type of scenario seems to always happens no matter what game it is and it's always the players who don't want or can't participate who cry foul.

What it really comes down to is "He's got something I can't or don't have. I want it and I'm going to cry about it until someone pacifies me."

Even with the items that are on this reward list, at least my updated list, they don't seem game-breaking enough to where even if you didn't have these items (there's other stuff in the game that's better that can be hunted), you wouldn't stand a chance at a future type of TA event.

Get good.

So basically because this stuff happens in all games it makes it right is your argument? What type of logic is that. What ducks pointed out above me is the reason why this can be unfair.

The standard list is not game breaking, but that presents that is "chance" is a statistical advantage. (the fact you need to hunt other things to supplement that doesn't change a thing).

I just find it weird for christmas and ta to be dropping good stuff when not even 3 months ago you were up and arms over people farming del rappies for essential units.

Man such a long winded strawman post to be ended by the typical get good.

Comparing a high item drop rate for Del Rappies (which can be forcibly spawned quite easily and damage a new server's economy) vs a couple of slightly buffed Present items as reward for putting in real effort for a limited time event is apples and oranges, man. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
I (and a lot of people I know) didn't roll RAcast or HUcast so I can't participate in getting game-breaking items
smh

(I'll just play ep 2 ayy lmao)

I (and a lot of people I know) didn't roll RAcast or HUcast so I can't participate in getting game-breaking items
smh

(I'll just play ep 2 ayy lmao)
You're trying too hard, especially with forces, a RAmarl and a RAmar on the leaderboards since 4 way PB doesn't count.

You're trying too hard, especially with forces, a RAmarl and a RAmar on the leaderboards since 4 way PB doesn't count.

I guess I was just thinking of "Top 8" times, idk ;-;

Can't take part to the TA event since way too underleveled/stuffed. Even though, good luck to everyone trying to get on the boards. It's nice to see that kind of event happening, knowing what happened with TA on schtserv.

I'll make sure I'll be ready for the next one.

Pretty much agree with what Ducks said back on Page 6. Didn't read much else because I'm illiterate.

I've walked into the lobby on two separate occasions since this list was posted and seen people (won't name names, but you know who you are) empty bitching about the TA community being worse than Hitler. That's not incentive. That's community divide.

You could base the entire list around mag cells and common Charge weapons of different color tiers, and that would be good incentive for the people who want to play Fashion Star Online. None of the common weapons going from Green to Yellow have an ATA difference higher than 12, so you could easily balance the hit around how much ATA a 50 hit yellow would have.

Plus, I really like the idea of PDs or PSs as a reward, because this small community is still starved for PDs and, unlike certain other dead servers with seedy histories, there aren't a billion duped ones floating around to make people forget about the shortage.

Edited because I'm bad at reading forums and didn't see the last 3 pages lmao

Last edited:
why even hunt them just place in event
because you aren't placing on ta leaderboards without hunting for good gear to begin with, you still need to hunt base heaven strikers and excals with decent % to compete. shop 50h charge weapons will only carry you so far

I don't really understand the toxicity but then again, people still hate me for old things. If the people complaining were so casual they wouldn't be hating on others. Maybe the presents could have been slightly better and TAing would eliminate the RNG, but. It is what it is, just enjoy the events you get. If you don't like it that much then you should apply for event planning.

My personal problem with being able to TA more is I don't play the major classes of TA(at least not yet anyways...I plan to play all 12 classes and have every sec ID in the future). I also find it hard to find teams for this sorta thing since the good teams tend to stick together. I have participated slightly in this event and plan to give it a few more goes if at all possible. I really can't complain that I'm not where I should be gear-wise since I took a 5 week break from the game. Thanks for the event as a whole. I like the ideas you are dishing out and I really appreciate these fiasco quests which bring back good memories and are fun to play in general. Keep up the good work. B>Small loan of a million PDs. k ty

i would like to hear the pro side of giving away the weapons listed
why aren't the non-weapon items listed enough
what else do you think would be a quality reward

serious responses not just drama/increase++

edit: dedrama'd my post
sometimes you gotta chill your inner diva

Last edited:
The pro side is essentially that people like to play for items. It's an incentive to play.

It's why people play PSO, no? There really doesn't need to be anymore justification than that, it's not going to cause some massive imbalance provided the list isn't ridiculous (which the first one kind of was, I agree).

Honestly, you're making a mountain out of a non-issue. People get items, so what? You're acting like everyone is going to be furious at the idea that people earn items from playing competitive events, and the only reason to be furious at that is if the items are way too imbalanced to be considered a fair reward, and nothing currently presented is really unfair, they're just slightly better versions of present rewards with a couple extras. The economy isn't going to suddenly collapse or anything.

It wouldn't be abandoned, no, but more incentive is always good.

What exactly IS your issue here? Do you think a few people getting 50H Froozers and Zanbas is going to pose a huge threat to the economy? I know you're not going to try, so to me it seems like you're just doing everything in your power to remove as many items from the TA reward list as you can, so that people don't get certain things.

I guess I'll be more direct: It's not going to change so don't bother.

seems like excessive reward
no matter what the event is these weapons haven't been found yet with nearly that much hit
but after this event there's gonna be potentially 60+ of them

does that not raise a red flag to you?

k i think i've said all i can say
fxsHV4a.gif

Last edited:
so if you removed the weapons would the event be abandoned by the players due to lack of interest?
it would be ignored entirely by most of the users, yes

psobb community is weird, there's this stigma against wanting to be good at the game for fear of being called an elitist tryhard

i'm pretty sure the same outcry would be going on right now if the list was just nothing but photon spheres because then people could sphere the weapons they already have and give them another advantage

yall just need to chill and give me a 50h rambling may

Last edited:
Found one of those newfangled special presents all the cool kids are talking about.

Sug2o69.png

It's a not Heaven Punisher. Sorry LKA.

What exactly IS your issue here? Do you think a few people getting 50H Froozers and Zanbas is going to pose a huge threat to the economy?
I had resolved not to get into these matters anymore, but since you asked...

I would guess that the problem is that you're basically giving out unobtainables, due to just how bad the odds of getting Hit are in Episode II. You're not likely to find a Zanba with 15% Hit, let alone 50% Hit, so the event Zanba is going to turn into the Rainbow of Ephinea -- the uber sword that beats all others and that nobody can get outside of events. It isn't as broken as Rainbow for sure, but it's also better than most likely any Zanba anybody is ever going to find here, except maybe someone with NDW/Luck, and even then, having only one Hit Zanba on the server (that somebody actually found) is a far different story than handing them out to multiple players. The Froozer is excessive as well, but at least every ID has a better chance of finding Hit in Episode I (and the hunt itself is much easier, to boot).

Event prizes should be good enough to make people interested in the event but not so good as to make every other find of the same item inferior for eternity. After all the broken event item disasters SCHTServ created over the years, I would have hoped that people would start to err on the side of caution in this respect, but I guess not.

Back