Ephinea's Christmas Event

Someone sure had a good Christmas Day, huh. o:

Rofl, I wanted to avoid posting it up yet to surprise animeme. :D
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry for the wait on the rewards for the TA event.

After the TA event is over, there will be a new quest added that will allow players to trade for their reward. For each TA event that they win (top 5 times), they will be given a quest flag that will allow them to trade for 1 item below:

Charge Calibur 60 Hit
Charge Diska 60 Hit
Charge Raygun 60 Hit
Hell Raygun 60 Hit
Arrest Raygun 60 Hit
Berserk Raygun 60 Hit
Charge Arms 60 Hit
Berserk Arms 60 Hit

Excalibur 50 Hit
Daylight Scar 50 Hit
Yunchang 50 Hit
Vjaya 60 Hit
Diska of Braveman 60 Hit
Slicer of Fanatic 50 Hit
Black King Bar 50 Hit
Yamigarasu 50 Hit
Jizai 50 Hit
Sacred Duster 50 Hit
Vivienne 50 Hit

Heaven Striker 50 Hit
Frozen Shooter 50 Hit
Spread Needle 50 Hit
Yasminkov 9000M 50 Hit

Magical Piece 50 Hit
Summit Moon 50 Hit
Guardianna 50 Hit
Solferino 50 Hit
Tyrell's Parasol 50 Hit

Gifoie Lv. 30
Grants Lv. 30
Megid Lv. 30

Red Ring (Max)
Adept
Proof of Sword Saint

(Yes, the items are really good, that's the point. I understand the list might be controversial since it's not "fair" to people who don't care about TA, but nothing in the list is unobtainable for that reason, you'll just need to grind for it.)
The list might have some items added to it, but it will never have any of the ubers added, so you'll need to keep hunting for those if you want them. The list will be used for any future TA event as well.

Furthermore, anyone who places on the leaderboards, regardless of if they are in the top 5 or not, will earn a Heart of Morolian mag cell for participating.

that shit is too good imo
there's no point in hunting shit at 1% hit rates when you can just ta for it

just dont play til ta event then go for the top times

or once people have that shit they will more often than not have a snowball effect of just having such good shit they get more good shit

the 1st and 4th list seem fine but the middle 2 lists are just like why even hunt anyway lmao

some of the more rare ones need to be toned down or removed from the list imo

edit: or make it so a person has to win multiple events for a chance at the real good equipment
should avoid handing out god tier weapons so easily

Last edited:
I thought about the same thing, but at the same time there needs to be a real incentive to play so people don't just gloss over it (like right now, nobody is trying, the best times were set a week ago).

You're most likely right that some of the stuff is too good and needs to be toned down though, but I wouldn't want to make it so that people don't see the point in trying, either. It'll get tweaked throughout the week most likely... ! (edit: at the very least, every item is going to stay in, just get nerfed if there are any changes)

give them quality of life shit and godly non-rares
the non-rares list is good leave it alone
the techs are good cuz you can jsut put on a /tech anyway so not op
max red ring is good incentive and the boosts it gives over regular rr is w/e leave it
adept and poss are good quality of life things

but excal, hs, fs, vjaya especially, bkb, jizai, tyrells parsol, yungchang are all way too good for this list as they are now

the slicers are w/e cuz they dont have %'s anyway and sns doesn't give a shit so leave them

the list should also have tiers of rewards
say if you place once you can get the non-rares (which are already fucking beast on their own)
then if you have 2 placment tickets you can move onto the dob or sof
etc etc
i think photon spheres would be a great incentive, and still force people to hunt their own gear for the most part

this is all my opinion btw im sure there are other good alternatives as well

Reactions: XII
that shit is too good imo
there's no point in hunting shit at 1% hit rates when you can just ta for it

just dont play til ta event then go for the top times

or once people have that shit they will more often than not have a snowball effect of just having such good shit they get more good shit

the 1st and 4th list seem fine but the middle 2 lists are just like why even hunt anyway lmao

some of the more rare ones need to be toned down or removed from the list imo
honestly it's going to snowball regardless of if one of these items natively drops or is generated from a ta reward

the thing is though, anybody can go for this. due to not requiring you to do 4PB twins at the start you have flexibility in class composition as well. players who do well should be rewarded. i'd normally feel iffy about 50h excalibur and the like but this isn't scht, excal actually drops here. 60h charge calibur is same boat, df isn't stupid here and it'd require more investment on a pd-thin server to get up to 100 attributes. good call on no 60h vulcs

if you're going to have zerk and charge arms you should put spirit arms to round out the list

i don't see the point of summit, let alone 50h, it's a pure casting weapon that's obtainable from a vh drop, though most of the stuff a high end fo would want is available on the rest of the list anyway. free magical piece is nice

thats my 2 cents anyway, now that we know the kind of stuff we can get we can feel like its time to go do it. i only really see a ton of excals and heaven strikers coming from this though lol

ducks is right though like this really would create a slight divide

at least the divide isnt made out of somebody's wallet

at least the divide isnt made out of somebody's wallet
once you can just use event ticket to get the best shit in the game there might be some real money trading hands
it will no doubt cause huge buys of the op stuff, once you get on the ta list you can buy all the gear you'd ever need with one item/ticket

i like the idea of the incentive and i think its good but needs to be done with care and attention to what its gonna cause down the line

i think anything that can be bought with pds from paganini including weapon specials could be a really good incentive, spend less time trading and more time playing

Last edited:
i don't see the point of summit, let alone 50h, it's a pure casting weapon that's obtainable from a vh drop, though most of the stuff a high end fo would want is available on the rest of the list anyway. free magical piece is nice

thats my 2 cents anyway, now that we know the kind of stuff we can get we can feel like its time to go do it. i only really see a ton of excals and heaven strikers coming from this though lol
Matt and NDW(I think?) were responsible for making the list. I added the Summit Moon and Solferino. I thought Summit Moon should have been included since it boosted Simple techs and Magical Piece was already on there boosting Normal techs. Though, I didn't add 50 hit to it or to the Magical Piece. Not sure how the list was pasted with those having 50 hit...

When I was looking at this list, though, I disagreed with the Excalibur and Heaven Striker in my head, but I didn't bring it up to Matt. I actually don't think those belong on the list and are too OP. The other stuff isn't so bad, though.

I don't think items that can give you a clear advantage in future TAs should be included, but, eh. At least on the condition of expecting other TA players to find them.

I'm just a filthy casual tho

That Vjaya reminds me of the massively duped Vjaya on Scht, I absolutley loved that thing pre-rainbowmar. I'd say maybe a 50 hitter should be max since you can get 40H from the government quest. DLS 35H since it's most likely going to go on a Hucaseal,and Yunchang 40H. Froozer Isnt bad at 50H since it makes snowqueen but it would probably make people that got the 30H Froozer during christmas go "o" (I'm still looking for that damn thing). The HS and Excal are just broken though lol

But hey I'm not the server owner.

but I didn't bring it up to Matt.
o_O

the ta event is also for the top 5 players but the way it seems is that the top 4 will be on one team and the 5th will be whoever is lucky enough from the 2nd team to make top 5 (seemingly at random ?_? )
also what happens if the top 10 spots all have identical time

should be looked at

i more mean in the future it will be random if the top 4 players are from one team
then only one of the players from the second place team gets the reward but not the other 3

Back