Soly's Stash

Setting up a Teth server for me and friend to play on.

Got it mostly working so far, but i'm trying to editing enemy resistances using Soly's BP editor. Cant seem to get it to work...

I've been testing it by giving Boomas in EP1 online mode 100% fire resist and using Foie on them, but even after editing the relevant .dat in both the login and ship folders foie still does 40 damage...

The login server shows that it is loading the DAT files...

What am i doing wrong?

No idea, I'll check it out later today.
If you reload the file, it shows the changed values (aka, making sure it saved correctly)

If you change the experience of the monster, does it change in game too?
If it DOES NOT, then the error is in my tool,
If it DOES, then the EFR problem might not be related to my tool.

Should have edited my previous post, I have managed to get the parameters to work. However it seems a little wobbly; sometimes the changes are applied and sometimes they aren't. I dunno if thats my fault or not though, I've made sure to double check the file was changed successfully and that i reloaded the server... For now it seems fine though.

Side note, in the BP editing tool there is a "Live Update" option that says I'm not allowed to use it... whats that about?

It does what it says... I don't know if I added tooltips to that program but it changes the parameters in the client live, is meant to help in modifying the monster stats, maybe for server admins who want to tweak their server.

No one is allowed to use it for now, only me :p

Trying to get the Item Maker to work for me but no dice, i am unable to add any items with it. I can have it paste the /item command into the game's chat, but upon sending it I receive no feedback and the item has not been added. This is the case with tools, meseta, weapons, armour and units.

No menus are open when i do this, and I've tried several areas in Ep1.

I have edited the server's itemPMT files, so maybe thats part of the reason?

Also the selected process is psobn by default. Is that correct? My PSOBB process is just called PSOBB.

I think I'm missing something really obvious here : /

Change the process name to psobb, that might have been during a time I was experimenting with another client in Ultima which I named psobn.

I'll check that one thing, I need to remake all my tools due to Microsoft injecting telemetry code in assemblies.
I don't know if this applies to C# and I'm not sure if this applies to the version of VS I used to build them on, but better safe than sorry.

Even after changing the process to psobb I am unable to make any items. I dunno what else i could be doing wrong...

It is pasting the /item code into the chat regardless of the process name, so at-least some part of the program knows my PSOBB is there.

It seems more like the codes are wrong or the /item command either isn't allowed for my character (They should be a GM with no limits though, ill double check) or doesn't exist on the server.

Alright.
All tools except PSOBB Patch (since I no longer use it or even have the source code) were updated.
Fixed the psobn problem typo you pointed out.

Regarding to your last post.
If your account is not GM in the database, then you won't be able to use the command.
Check the account is set as GM in there (not the local gm stuff in the ini files).

Added UnitxtXLSX, a program to deal with multiple unitxt languages in spreadsheets.
Links in the first post.

Okay, thats probably the problem. Im only set to GM in the .inis

Noob question, how would i go about opening a database, like what program would i need (I have visual studio if that works?) and what file would i open?

Also as a side note, do you know how to convert the PlyLevelTbl.bin into a .prs file? I'm using Tofuman's PlyLevelTBl editor but you still need to manually do that part, and I cant find the program i need to use.

I saw someone mention on the forums something called PSRU or something, but I can't find anything that looks like what i need in the forums or by google search : /

Okay, thats probably the problem. Im only set to GM in the .inis
Noob question, how would i go about opening a database, like what program would i need (I have visual studio if that works?) and what file would i open?
Are you using the MySQL or DAT version, if you are using the DAT version, you are pretty much eff'd up (I wouldn't bother with it, in fact I won't, sorry), switch to MySQL.
If you are on MySQL, you can use something like HeidiSQL

Also as a side note, do you know how to convert the PlyLevelTbl.bin into a .prs file? I'm using Tofuman's PlyLevelTBl editor but you still need to manually do that part, and I cant find the program i need to use.
I saw someone mention on the forums something called PSRU or something, but I can't find anything that looks like what i need in the forums or by google search : /
I was planning to remake some tools, like lee's light entry editor and fog editor, also Tofu's level table editor and magedit something I think since it only works with bin, yeah, and the server i'm working on uses the prs versions of these files (that are sent to the client too)
For now, use this http://files.pioneer2.net/soly/Tools/PSO Archive.7z, is a small utility I made to work with the archives but wasn't really meant to go public.

Thanks man thats exactly what i need :D

Guess I'm gonna need to migrate my server to MySQL. Would it be fine to just take all the files I've edited in my server and just throw them into a new server setup for MySQL? I assume characters won't be migratable if i cant even access the database that holds them ;3

I done goofed and somehow didn't setup the password for the first account i made (the one that is made Server GM automatically) properly and cant seem to log in as that account...

Don't suppose there is some way to just peek at what the password would be, or is the trouble really not worth it? : / If i could solve that issue this wouldn't be a problem...

You can change the passwords but not read them as if they were plain text, also you could probably export the data in the DAT version, but I don't have any tool for that and since there is no new server version yet, I don't know if Tofu has finished his own.

Do you have many characters and stuff? If not you could just start fresh, and not have to deal with the hassle of migrating the data, ofc if that's a possibility
All your edited parameter files will work with the MySQL version, yeah.

I know the name of the account, i just think i mistyped the password and cant figure out how. had just started was being dumb -.-

If i can change the password that would solve the issue also. And I don't have many characters so it wouldn't be that much of a problem anyhow, just somewhat annoying.

Your archive tool worked like a charm btw ;3

Ran into another issue. After changing the amount of levels mags get from being fed, upon re-logging the mag appears to have been reset to what the mag should have originally gotten.

I am assuming this is because there is some value somewhere that i need to sync up to my feeding changes, but i have no idea where to look.

When applying the mag changes i saved the ItemPMT .bin and .prs, copied them to both the Ship server/params folder and the Login Server folder, then applied the changes to the .ini files on the ship.

Am i missing a step here?

The ship has the mag feed tables hardcoded. (the one i'm working on reads them from the ItemPMT file)

So changing that would require poking around with Visual Studio? Any tips on what to look for?

Edit:
Okay i found the tables in the source files, but I don't know how to build or compile any of the changes i've made : /

I've also realized that the feed tables arn't formatted the same way as they are in the ItemPMT editor, unless some items really do give 19 syncro.

Edit2:
Okay i figured out they were formatted the same way as the table found on PSOworld here: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021

Last edited:
You'd have to get Visual Studio (2015 preferred) but you will have to change some stuff around.
I'll send you a PM tomorrow to help with this, if I get some free time.

Back