Soly's Stash

I mean, you think nobody is interested in the mods, but we've actually been modding the client, have done difficulty mods and more, but they're not present on the server at the moment. There's the polarizing issue of how the players would react to a new difficulty plus things about how to balance it and so on.

Don't want to derail this topic as it's about Soly's programs. Just saying, there's more people who are interested in modding PSO and actually have done mods. Even though the mods we do aren't live yet, doesn't mean we're not developing them. :)

If anything, I'm not the one to give credit about this...
In fact I could say I don't really care about it at all (as in probably I won't do any of the real stuff of adding new difficulties, etc), but being the developer of these tools gotta take the suggestions of other devs and people.
Tofuman was the one who initially asked me to support new difficulties in these tools.

New specials in the pmt is no big deal,
If you mean a new things like Charge, Paralyze, etc, then there is absolutely nothing for me to do (besides adding the new entry to the special list).
The specials as in Demon's, Devil's, etc, are already able to add new entries

New specials in the pmt is no big deal,
If you mean a new things like Charge, Paralyze, etc, then there is absolutely nothing for me to do (besides adding the new entry to the special list).
The specials as in Demon's, Devil's, etc, are already able to add new entries
I think he's talking about his GIF animations where he's casting Foie while having a weapon equipped and it doing some weird special effect.

https://i.gyazo.com/3b49710e8842d731517da1c7266471ab.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/c10f3b8f94a8efa55dbc469719cffad9.gif

I think he's talking about his GIF animations where he's casting Foie while having a weapon equipped and it doing some weird special effect.

https://i.gyazo.com/3b49710e8842d731517da1c7266471ab.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/c10f3b8f94a8efa55dbc469719cffad9.gif
Those were prototype tests with different special effects. Under normal circumstances, you can't move because this is only the special effect without the character animation included. The fire one was a template for a flamethrower type weapon. You can do much more than that, I just didn't bother as I have no use for it. You can add new special effects without any problem by expanding the list in the game client, altho to make something interesting, you'd have to pick up suggestions from others as I have no idea what to make myself (I was basically just messing around). I see this as a better option on a weapon than adding a new spell. Easier to implement as well.

Because Lee's particle editor doesn't allow you to add new particle effects, it's kind of limited right now unless you want to break something else. Now that someone is somewhat actively developping tools, I'm just offering suggestions as to not fall in the same trap preventing further customizations. Doesn't mean all these things will be used, but it's always better to give a little bit of room for potential new features. This is not a priority tho

Last edited:
Probably easiest way to add to a an effect to a weapon would be to assign it in the ranged special table and then add to the client accordingly. (TBH there may already be an effect preset that would suit the needs)

I made my ItemPMT editor back in 2012 with scalability in mind. So adding specials and such are possible. Although was disappointed when I found out sega hard coded the charge special stuff. Although my util isn't public. I have offered help to people and some have even managed to make their own util.

Most of sega formats share a common structure so once you get your head around 1 you can normally quickly workout the next. So you could always make a particle editor with an option to add and remove particle effects.

Added a place holder for "PSOBB Reader".
This one will just read your inventory or bank.
As Lee's version only updates in the common lobbies because ... SEGA, that's why.
Unlike Lee's version, this one should be able to work with any server.

Added a place holder for "PSOBB Reader".
This one will just read your inventory or bank.
As Lee's version only updates in the common lobbies because ... SEGA, that's why.
Unlike Lee's version, this one should be able to work with any server.

MVP

Reactions: NDW
I'm actually curious if it's feasible with these tools to essentially mod in Ep 4 content to PSOGC and/or PSOX. I remember that the map files sort of work if you file-swap... but logically if you can edit the item tables and have the data there for the game to access, you should be able to add stuff. Would probably require editing the main DOL/XBE executable though, which would make it a pain in the ass.

Somebody already swapped Episode IV files into PSOX, since they use the same file formats. It's only a novelty, though, since you have to replace existing areas to do it.

Yet? Many servers have added new items to the game. What you're talking about is beyond the scope of reasonable modifications without the game's source code. Even the wizards at modding PSO aren't willing to put in the time necessary to do that to BB, and none of those people care enough about V1, V2, or V3 to do such things there. Modding PSOX is pointless, since it can't go online anymore and only works on the original Xbox and nothing else. If you want to play Episode IV, play BB. Problem solved. ;)

Was gonna bring up the map swaps from a while ago, yeah. But no way to add new content yet, eh?
Adding new maps to pso isn't the issue at hand, you could do that easily by increasing the map array size so it allows an « infinite » amount of maps and then editing the pso asm to call bb_map_designate (or the alternative for lower versions) to map the slot to that map. Now have fun adding all the hardcoded parts such as enemies into the game, you'll find out you'd have to program everything that SEGA previously did which is alot of work that people won't find the time and motivation to do, especially on a lower version (Although still possible, since by now people already have enough understanding of the game to theoretically add new enemies with different AI patterns and skills tho adding alot of new stuff is very time consuming ).

Last edited:
Yet? Many servers have added new items to the game. What you're talking about is beyond the scope of reasonable modifications without the game's source code. Even the wizards at modding PSO aren't willing to put in the time necessary to do that to BB, and none of those people care enough about V1, V2, or V3 to do such things there. Modding PSOX is pointless, since it can't go online anymore and only works on the original Xbox and nothing else. If you want to play Episode IV, play BB. Problem solved. ;)

Less about wanting to do it for any real practical reason and more to see if it's possible or not. And yeah, I know new servers have added items to Blue Burst - I'm not exactly new to the scene :p But I wasn't talking about BB outside of porting BB content to GC and possibly PSOX by extension, which would be neat if nothing else.

Added a download link for the Reader.
If something is off, let me know.

Right now I didn't add custom unitxt/pmt loading because I'm lazy but shouldn't be needed as Ephinea doesn't have custom items afaik.

Added a download link for the Reader.
If something is off, let me know.

Right now I didn't add custom unitxt/pmt loading because I'm lazy but shouldn't be needed as Ephinea doesn't have custom items afaik.

It does, the new music disks are registered as Unknown Items. But that is such a minor thing, I am already thankful that you made this Inv/Bank Reader.

Very true... I forgot about that... I'll see if Soda wants to share an ItemPMT with me to update the program.

Updated PSOBB Reader with the latest ItemPMT/Unitxt for Ephinea.
Thanks to Sodaboy for providing me the ItemPMT file.

Updated PSOBB Reader with the latest ItemPMT/Unitxt for Ephinea.
Thanks to Sodaboy for providing me the ItemPMT file.

Awesome, looking forward to using this :3

One thing someone pointed out in Ultima.
When using more than 1 client the program will only read one of those clients.

I'll see if I can modify the library I use to read the memory so I can at least let you pick different processes (when there are more than 1 matching the settings)

Back