Soly's Stash

I don't know why I did multiple replies instead of a single one... but here a last one.
The game has a few types of boost, with + and - ... like type ATP+ and ATP- ... but the value of the boost is signed so BOOST- are useless since you can just do BOOST+ with a negative value.

It's possible that the boost type controls the colour of the text. It would be funny if you could do EVP+ with a value of -15 and have the game say that your EVP goes down by 15 but using the grey colour instead of blue. :p

It's possible that the boost type controls the colour of the text. It would be funny if you could do EVP+ with a value of -15 and have the game say that your EVP goes down by 15 but using the grey colour instead of blue. :p
No... the color seems to be calculated wether the final value is higher, the same or lower than the original.
(I already tried an ATP+ -32768)

Added patched original tethealla login servers for 12513.
Just to not have to patch it every time someone runs into that problem.

Probably gonna be something stupid or simple to fix it but the itemmaker crashes on launch, even ran from admin or before launching psobb. Is there something im missing?

Probably gonna be something stupid or simple to fix it but the itemmaker crashes on launch, even ran from admin or before launching psobb. Is there something im missing?
You need to run as administrator and run before you start the client

Can you check the event viewer (windows logs > application) and see what error it says?
You'll better run the item maker and refresh the logs so the error appears on top... or clear the application logs and then do that above so only the latest errors appear (you'll probably have tons of entries there)

For the record, there is no need to run before pso but it does require admin.

Lolwell that cant be good. Says the fault was the kernelbase.dll. Google says its .net related but that's all updated, which is odd because nothing is different now than when I used it last time and other .net related programs work fine. Was the item maker updated recently?

MJu9WXA.png

Last edited:
Is there any other entry related to this stuff?
If so, it should be right above (or below) this one.

It's not likely, but it's possible a virus infected your WOW64 folder @Colette

Has anything else stopped working recently?

Just noticed mines 4.0 lol that might be it, but when I reinstall it gives me errors, really freakin annoying tbh. I always try to blame user error first before all else but wheee braindead tired. And yep, installing 4.5.2 fixed it, thanks Soly you da man. :) I'll erase my clutter posts to clean up your thread lol. I'll keep the error relevant ones tho incase others run into the same issue.

And nah Jeff, I run this PC relatively sane and don't go to sites or grab installers that have that stuff. All the helps really appreciated =p

Last edited:
Lmao, makes sense... yeah the only thing I made with 4.0 is Ultima's Launcher since I need that to work in XP (well, not me but the people who still use windows XP)...
Everything else goes for W7 and above.

Key Remapper
Remaps numpad keys (with numlock off) to the keys 1 - 0 (above the main keys?)
Also F11 to F12 to avoid going into chat mode.
After 2 minutes of the game not being open, the script will ask you if you want to close it, if you select no, it will restart the 2 minutes timeout.
Does this work still on Ultima? F11 is the bane of my existence.

To be honest, I don't recall if I used the window name or the process name ...
If I used the process name then it should work in basically any server except scht.

Instant edit
I used a regex to search for the window title so it should match anything that has "Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst" on the title (case insensitive)

Nope, I haven't updated any new items of Ephinea since some of the music disks.
I'll see if Soda can hook me up, as I just need the ItemPMT file or maybe I can make the bank reader read the PMT and possibly even the unitxt from the client. Nah, for that you have be logged in and stuff can go bad... better just ask Soda.

I was wondering about this. How exactly do things "go bad"? Is it random (ie: does a "success case" exist where things don't go bad)?

If you know how to pull the ItemPMT and unitxt and how to detect when it has been successful (assuming you're not busy and have the time to do it and/or actually WANT to do it), you could manually pull them yourself every couple months and then use the files you pulled to update the bank reader. Then your bank reader remains stable, and you can update it without Sodaboy's help =P.

There is no "lenght" property in the itemPMT data in the client, it's not a big deal but still anything can happen.

Back