Quick question - Quick answer

I had read that TJS was ATP/DFP damage while Berdysh was ELT damage, but going from heavy to normal damage would also explain why Berdysh is so much worse.

About reduced/unreduced specials,
(1) All single-hit single-target weapons are not reduced right?
(2) Is there a complete list of rare weapons with reduced (or complete list of weapons with unreduced) special?

1. Yes. Here's the weapon reduction table (by weapon type).
2. All 10★+ weapons have unreduced specials regardless of weapon type, except Asteron Belt which still has reduced Hell.

1. chameleon scythe, butterfly net and double saber are 9 stars weapons and have unreduced specials
2. asteron belt (000408) is 10 stars, but has reduced hell
3. zero divide (000308) is 10 stars, also has reduced blizzard http://imgur.com/Wpj2Epu

so i have a new hypothesis:
only 0002xx (sword), 0003xx (dagger), 0004xx (partisan), 0005xx (slicer), 0008xx (mechgun), 0009xx (shot) weapons are reduced
all others are unreduced

Star count has nothing to do with reduction; it's just convenient to refer to unreduced weapons by star count, since most users are not familiar with the order of the item list, but they are familiar with the fact that most rares have > 9*. The reduction cutoff starts at Photon Claw and covers every weapon from there to the end of the item list, except for a few BB weapons that Sega randomly hard coded to have reduction, apparently.

You can prove that star count doesn't do anything by giving something like Vulcan 12*: its special will still be reduced, so reduction is determined by hex group and not by stars.

i feel pretty dumb asking this but i can't find it anywhere lmao

when is midnight server time?
aka when does Corin's drop table shift to the next day's, etc

also is the luck boost tied to midnight server time or another time of day? i normally only get to play mid-afternoon or late in EST so I'm pretty out of the loop ;(

Server time is GMT, so midnight server time would be 7PM EST. Luck changes at midnight too.

Type /time ingame to see what the server time is.

Any idea why Episode 2 has trouble keeping up a framerate on my 2 year old computer?

Mainly with the first two bosses and the last area.

I can run recent games just fine, what gives?

If you're on "Advanced" graphics, have you tried "Normal"?

Failing that, tried simply resetting your graphics card 3D effect parameters in Catalyst or Nvidia Control Panel back to defaults? If you have been tweaking stuff or forgot you tweaked stuff in there, that could be the cause.

I know even a regular Intel HD Graphics can run PSO just fine, so you shouldn't be struggling.

Sodaboy said:
If you're on "Advanced" graphics, have you tried "Normal"?

Failing that, tried simply resetting your graphics card 3D effect parameters in Catalyst or Nvidia Control Panel back to defaults? If you have been tweaking stuff or forgot you tweaked stuff in there, that could be the cause.

I know even a regular Intel HD Graphics can run PSO just fine, so you shouldn't be struggling.
I did both and that worked. But with a bit of aliasing. Oh well.

It's still weird that it lags on those parts. Even though that it shouldn't be a problem.
With Barba Ray, it only lagged when I looked at him.
At least it's working better now.

NightBlader said:
Any idea why Episode 2 has trouble keeping up a framerate on my 2 year old computer?

Are you on an onboard graphics chip? PSO gives some of those chips a lotta issues. Soda is right in turning off advanced effects but some onboards/integrated chips just dislike this game.

also, forgot my question lol. I forget but do you need eps 1 quests done to have montague appear in subdesert in that one quest? And which was it, i need it for adding hit to enemy parts.

Colette said:
NightBlader said:

Are you on an onboard graphics chip? PSO gives some of those chips a lotta issues. Soda is right in turning off advanced effects but some onboards/integrated chips just dislike this game.
I use a AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series card. After my older laptop's Intel HD card, I don't want to go back to onboard graphics.

You have to have unlocked enemy part conversion to unlock adding hit to enemy parts, yes. He will still appear in 9-5 regardless, but CD's hit unlock will only work if you've done Doc's Secret Plan first.

Back