Quick question - Quick answer

If I find a rare enemy in a game by myself and invite people to my game before it's killed, do they have a chance at the drop too?

They would receive a "This item does not belong to you." message, I believe.

How does the game decide DFP/EVP value on armor/shield obtained through combining? Some people says it will always be min-stat, some says it would carry over the DFP/EVP points off the original armor/shield's minimum; what's the real situation here?

I'm pretty sure with stuff like de rol le shield, the stats on the stink shield have to be at a certain maximum range to get proper stats out of the combination. I remember talking to DZLE back in the day about it, it doesn't have to be max stat but it has to be at a certain point level when combining. Ives or Soda would probably know tbh. OTher things like combining magic rock with spirit garment or w/e the combination was always yields minstat armor I believe...or at least it did on scht. Idk if thats default behavior.

typos and grammar* I'm still waking up.

Trykla said:
If I find a rare enemy in a game by myself and invite people to my game before it's killed, do they have a chance at the drop too?

Yes. Only drawback is you can't join quests in progress (which you most likely would be doing to spam rare monsters), and free roam is boring.

Meris do EDK based attack but you need like 1,000 EDK to survive them, a value you are never going to get.

Gran Sorc and Del Lily are 30 Megid I think, but someone else would have to confirm that.
Zol Gibbon is level 2, Falz is level 4 or 5.

i thought someone tested meris with hacked like thousands of edk and still died

vaguely member someone saying it was hp dmg

w/e old ass info i barely member

Random PSA (don't wanna make a new thread, time to hijack this...).

The elemental cloaks (Ignition, Congeal and Tempest) boost all of their element by 10%, instead of just the simple like PSO-World states. Had a look at the PMT file:

http://puu.sh/lTZyA/d9560cc64a.png

So they're actually pretty useful for an extra boost.

ooh thats cool i have a tempest one i got on vh pod a loooong time ago. nice!

That Mericarol information is quite interesting, as it solves a longstanding mystery as to why neither 100 EDK nor 32000 HP would stop you from dying. If 1000 is really the minimum for immunity, does that mean 990 gives you a 1% chance of death, or do you go back to always dying? If the spit uses the Megid formula, that would give Mericarol Megid 480. :lol: If it doesn't use the formula, then it's probably some hard coded Megid offshoot.

Since you're here Ives, I was wondering. Do you remember if Sega ever gave a justification to nerfing Berdysh? It's kinda useless and weak as it is since it left v2. Seems kinda a harsh contrast considering it takes forever to use the Special in a meaningful way and even unnerfed it's much weaker than TJS still which itself, takes forever to get. I know I'm questioning Sonic team's logic of all people but it seems dumb.

Sega nerfed several weapons with terrible super specials in GC. Berdysh went from Charge -> useless energy wave, and Soul Banish went from Berserk -> useless Megid. They also nerfed Lavis Cannon's waves to drain HP and only deal special damage, rather than deal heavy damage (with PB building) for free. Psycho Wand went from simply cutting your TP cost in half to sucking the full TP cost from your HP (although at least it got Technique boosts to compensate for the nerf).

On the other hand, several super specials only suck because Sega didn't set the ELT on Ultimate enemies reasonably. I fixed the resistances on Ult for V2, and as a result Grants, Photon Blasts, and Divine Punishement all became useful. Theoretically Berdysh could be fixed the same way, assuming its base power is reasonable (but if it does terrible damage even against an enemy with 0 ELT, then there's not much hope of fixing it).

Sega seemed to think that cool-looking specials were more important than useful ones, but Berdysh isn't that good on V2, anyway. Its default ATP is so low that it barely does any damage without Charge, so you'd be better off using an Imperial Pick with 40% to get the same damage without spending any Meseta.

The lavis damage kinda bugged me for a long time as well. It's such a neat special but so useless on BB.

Berdysh's special isn't based on ELT, but rather just does normal attack damage and uses ATP/DFP, much like Tsumikiri J-Sword's special.

The special is useful so to speak, but only on the TJS as normal attack damage is not worth eating your PB up for.

Back