• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
> checks Purplenum template
> Belra's Right Arm

6g5mLDB.jpg

Matt's fucking template
... is a template, literally a first revision, and not indicative of what the final product's going to be. This is a thread for the discussion of a potential change, not speculation on the staff's motives. We also play the game, and want it to be the best game we can make it! Please don't sling accusations around in a forum meant for reasonable discussion.

We also play the game, and want it to be the best game we can make it! Please don't sling accusations around in a forum meant for reasonable discussion.

I'm pretty sure almost every controversial change has been promised as "last" change, and it never is.

The staff always says "X will never happen" and then months later X happens anyway. And then they say "Y won't happen" and expect me to believe them. I'm tired of getting lied to. Don't promise this is "probably the last drop chart change" when you know it's probably not. Don't make promises you can't keep just to pacify people and calm them down.

What happens when all the people against combo-unlocking weapons finally get fed up with all the other silly changes and quit? Throw up another poll, and all of a sudden combo-unlocking wins, because everyone against it has already left. Gonna change that too?

Man people suck at looking at the bigger picture. Anyone who looks at pso as a whole and thinks sega gave a FUCK when doing ep2 rates/drops/resistances is silly at best.

The game should NEVER stop evolving and balancing opportunity throughout all 3 episodes is a fucking glorious step in that evolution. Ever using "it wasnt like this in the past so we shouldnt do it now" is literally the antithesis of humanity's progress.
Fuck all the retards who only focus on one thing. Evolve the game over and over till each area has significance. Enjoy the whole game. Embrace every variable that doesn't make something overpowered and fuck all the ideas that limit that possibility.

Last edited:
Ever using "it wasnt like this in the past so we shouldnt do it now" is literally the antithesis of humanity's progress.

What about "the staff said they wouldn't change it, and now they are, so I was lied to"?

The fact that this "is probably the last drop chart change" may even influence the results of the poll (people voting "yes" who would have otherwise voted "no"), so if that inevitably turns out to be a lie... It's actually more damaging than people realize.

I don't think we're playing the same game.

PSO has ALWAYS been about weighing how much you have to gain from a particular area and section ID. And it has been around for 14 years. If you don't like that, then find a new (preferably not 14-year-old) game? Rather than ruining it for those of us that have been playing since we were tiny wee little kids, and are still sticking around? (Or play one of those broken servers that already fits your philosophy)

Sorry to be harsh, but, perhaps listening to the influx of new people who are here because of an event (and will quit a couple weeks after it ends) is not the BEST idea.

Funny thing I see is that a large number of new people in PSO here came from things like the gamecube era and so on as well. I do wonder what that means?

Just saying you aren't the only one on here who has been playing this 14 year old game n all.

No one cares about them. Hanging onto statements as if they're law is gonna drive you nuts real fast in this world.

I don't like liars.

And I don't like liars who use lies to push their agenda.

Let's say I'm right, and this ISN'T the last drop chart change. Wanna bet they're gonna use "oh this is totally the last drop chart change, don't worry guys" to influence the votes again for the next one? Fucking right they will. And they'll get a bunch of yes votes from naive players who trust them to be telling the truth.

What is wrong with changing one's mind? People can change their opinion on something you know.

Because people in a position of power aren't "one." They represent the trust and wishes of "many." And by saying "fuck it, I changed my mind" you're breaking the trust of those who believed you.

Politics has a glaring example: Justin Trudeau, the Canadian Prime Minister, promised electoral reform. Got all our hopes up that maybe, just MAYBE, we won't have a fucking corrupt first-past-the-post voting system next election. He "changed his mind." If he got hit by a car tomorrow, I probably wouldn't lose sleep over it. "Changing your mind" after promising something to many, and having them trust you, is not a good thing.

And that's basically what the staff are doing right now. I chose to play here, and stay here, because of certain promises that were made. And now they are "changing their mind" - so fuck me for believing them, right?

Man people suck at looking at the bigger picture. Anyone who looks at pso as a whole and thinks sega gave a FUCK when doing rates/drops/resistances is silly at best.

The game should NEVER stop evolving and balancing opportunity throughout all 3 episodes is a fucking glorious step in that evolution. Ever using "it wasnt like this in the past so we shouldnt do it now" is literally the antithesis of humanity's progress.
Fuck all the retards who only focus on one thing. Evolve the game over and over till each area has significance. Enjoy the whole game. Embrace every variable that doesn't make something overpowered and fuck all the ideas that limit that possibility.
God damn Girth couldn't have said it better, pls have my babies!

Because people in a position of power aren't "one." They represent the trust and wishes of "many." And by saying "fuck it, I changed my mind" you're breaking the trust of those who believed you.

And that's basically what the staff are doing right now. I chose to play here, and stay here, because of certain promises that were made. And now they are "changing their mind" - so fuck me for believing them, right?

Ok fine, what were the original goals of this server again? I mean it says it in the home page iirc.

"Hello and welcome to Ephinea, our Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst private server. We’re a group of fans trying to recreate the classic PSOBB experience, and building around that core with new content and features."

How are they breaking that promise by buffing the ep2 drop table so it isn't a waste of time to hunt there compared to other episodes?

A change in the drop table can easily been seen as just a quality of life feature as well to plenty of people as well. Its not so different from the like of shared banks, pso2 drop system, the ability to freely reset mats, boost road, ect. They are trying to get more people to play with each other as a end goal anyway. Cause as some people have pointed out in this topic, "good luck getting a team to want to play ep2 if you don't want to hunt tower for SJS!"

Is the classic PSO experience suppose to be a huge feeling of disappointment?

How are they breaking that promise by buffing the ep2 drop table so it isn't a waste of time to hunt there compared to other episodes?

Because they have said multiple times (on the forums) that they aren't touching episode 1 and 2, except for boss drops.

Is the classic PSO experience suppose to be a huge feeling of disappointment?

Yup!

Seriously though, I bet a lot of the people who voted no are the people who actually play episode 2. Like me. And then you all come here complaining about how it sucks, after I've already gone and logged hundreds of hours into it.

Because they have said multiple times (on the forums) that they aren't touching episode 1 and 2, except for boss drops.

Yup!

Seriously though, I bet a lot of the people who voted no are the people who actually play episode 2. Like me. And then you all come here complaining about how it sucks, after I've already gone and logged hundreds of hours into it.

Ep2 is one of my favorite parts of the game and I'm always down for a good Ep2 game, but nobody runs it because there's only a handful of things people actually want from it and only a small amount of IDs are considered "good" for it. If you want to grind Tower solo for an uber for 6+ months, knock yourself out, but a majority of people want more out of EP2's drops than "SJS or PW factory".

Skylar, there's a reason I'm asking the community about this.

There were originally no plans ever to change the Episode 1/2 tables, because the plan was to stay Vanilla for the most part, but as time has gone on, many people have expressed that they'd wish Episode 2 was more worthwhile to play as while they enjoy the areas, but there's only minimal reward from doing so. RPGs are games about effort/reward, so what people find enjoyable is feeling rewarded for their effort in grinding.

A balance only makes sense from a logical point of view, however since this is directly affecting something people may not want changed as it's changing a "core" of PSO, the community is being polled about it to see if it's something they really want as a whole.

You're only one person, and while your opinion is valued (it's important to know that some people are unhappy with these sorts of changes), you cannot expect to have everything your way.

Well big shock I guess. Still don't remove my 1st point in that people can change their opinion depending on what the people they are under want to do. Plenty of people want it changed including some of the mods I've seen on forum in case you forget as well.

Again I see that you like to think that no one but you has played this 14 year old game in all of its areas.

I still stand by my 1st original statement long ago that if you want a true vanilla pso you should just play Dreamcast before ultimate even came in.

My opinion is, I rarely play ep2. This will only (potentially) nerf my ep4 hunts. I'm one of those casuals you don't want in ep2. Don't worry I won't be in there, I guess I will just have to deal with ep4 getting nerfed.

There were originally no plans ever to change the Episode 1/2 tables, because the plan was to stay Vanilla for the most part, but as time has gone on, many people have expressed that they'd wish Episode 2 was more worthwhile to play as while they enjoy the areas, but there's only minimal reward from doing so. RPGs are games about effort/reward, so what people find enjoyable is feeling rewarded for their effort in grinding.

The problem is, when "unchangeable" things start changing... What's next?

Am I playing on a server that is inevitably going to move to combo-unlocked broken shit because all the people who were originally against it have quit? Because at that point it would be "what the community wants," but only because they managed to push all the people who DIDN'T want it away.

What am I supposed to expect as I continue playing here?

(Not to mention that "first draft" was really fucking scary, like 1000% not what I was expecting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back