• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU ALREADY NERFED POD INTO THE GROUND
DON'T RUIN RT AS WELL! !
NEXT THING YOU KNOW TTF WILL STOP GIVING EXPERIENCE

this-is-madness.gif

People are happy to suggest moving 1pd items into ep2 yet here are the top ep4 ultimate drops:
v101
v502
v801
v501
smartlink
Canon Rouge
Heaven Striker
Lame D'argent
Swordsman Lore
Limiter
Slicer of fanatic
Rambling may
Ophelie seize
Daylight scar
Yunchang
Heavenly Arms
Centurion ability
BOVN
Galatine
Tripolic Reflector
Chain Sawd
Berdysh
Tyrell's Parasol
Laconium axe
Mother Garb+
Heaven Punisher
Gratia
Yata Mirror
Syncesta
Photon Crystal
Vivienne
Shouren
Guren
Snake spire (I joke)
Ignition cloak
Lieutenant Mantle
Girasole
Thirteen
DoB
H Power
Vjaya
Siren Glass Hammer
H ability
Guardiana
Solferino
Heavenly Battle
Glide divine
Rage de Feu
Clio
BHC

Many of these items drop from different enemies on multiple ids and all have reasonable drops. How in any way is this balanced? What's the point of changing the drops around in the first place if insignificant changes are made? x)

Edit: When hbr is done on ep4, the boosted dar and possible rdr boost linking all these drops together is just too much.

Have in mind what's posted is just an example. And it is temple so don't expect alot of the best stuff to appear in the easiest area.

I don't really care, but I agree that ma4b white is a little insane. Dropping v502 out of there might be a decent idea. Maybe stick tjs in there instead?

Have in mind what's posted is just an example. And it is temple so don't expect alot of the best stuff to appear in the easiest area.
Sorry for the confusion but I was not referring to Matt's post (those look great) :p but instead i was referring to the people that were suggesting h battle and smartlink should be moved into ep2 and somehow this balances things out more than a minuscule amount x)

Well. Still stands for everyone reading ;)

I'd be forced to play ep2 (oran without v801 rip ep4 unless i hunt hit weapons)... And i guess that's what you guys want lol. Mu5 is awesome tho, so that will be fun.

I changed my vote to yes, cause if you do this the right way there will be more things worth playing.

I don't really care, but I agree that ma4b white is a little insane. Dropping v502 out of there might be a decent idea. Maybe stick tjs in there instead?
I like the way you think exo, for total balance it should come pre-unsealed :p

I'd be forced to play ep2 (oran without v801 rip ep4 unless i hunt hit weapons)... And i guess that's what you guys want lol. Mu5 is awesome tho, so that will be fun.

I changed my vote to yes, cause if you do this the right way there will be more things worth playing.
Don't forget that if these changes do occur then most likely everyone will get a chance to change their character id once x)

Furthermore, here is an example of a Temple "buff" so people can get an idea of what would happen (note that this is not final):
unknown.png

Top chart is the original, Bottom chart is an updated one. Orange tiles are ones that have been changed.
Note also that there's no rates here, but they will be adjusted so none of them are better than current hunts, and also adjusted so that if an item appears in an easier area, it will be much harder to drop.

I'm going to update the OP with a few more details, for example what is explained here; please note that votes can be changed if you ever change your mind (either way).

And one more thing, because this is related to something outside of Blue Burst's exclusive content, the community will be asked about possible changes rather than it being done totally on the administration-side to make sure people are as happy with it as possible (this is assuming it goes ahead of course).

One problem I see is that you're not just removing "junk" - you're removing things people actually like, too, like that redria diska of braveman drop. This also worries me about things like seabed: are you going to be moving things around on the IDs that actually already have a GOOD seabed (or Tower)? When there's no reason to?

The other problem I see is that you're making every ID have a "good" temple - does this mean in the future episode 1 might be considered weak and changed due to outcry as well? Every ID doesn't have a "good" forest and every ID doesn't have a "good" caves - why should every ID have a "good" VR Temple? It seems like a really really large revamp, when really something more minor would fit the server better. You say this is the "last change" - but I'm pretty sure someone also said episode 1/2 wasn't gonna change, and yet 1-2 years later, here we are, and it's happening. You can't really guarantee this is gonna be the "last" time, because we have no idea what you will be thinking 1 or 2 years from now (or what the community will currently be complaining about).

If we're gonna buff Episode 2, I feel like a slight nerf to Episode 4 is in order.

The reason for this is because Episode 4 has roughly 40 exclusive items that are worth something or other stacked into 2 areas. It's very, very good for the general hunter and playing Episode 4 constantly will make you a very rich man, as has been stated earlier in the thread.

Example: MA4B Whitill.

If the goal is to "get people to play episode 2 more" then this isn't entirely true. Even something simple like deleting dragon slayer from skyly tower and replacing it with a good drop like v502 would "get people to play episode 2 more" - even if it had a rare "non-efficient" drop chance, since they'd be hunting something else (SJS) anyway.

If the goal is to make episode 2 the most played episode, then sure, I guess the chart changes make sense.

I personally think those temple changes are too substantial, and it would have benefited more if you just replaced some junk with a couple frozen shooters (not nearly as many as you have in there right now) and a few ep4 items without also removing them from ep4. If your buffs are as substantial as that example shows? Then of course episode 4 would need a nerf. Because those temple buffs are some pretty big buffs for all IDs. It's too much. It's in the same tier as one of our major episode 4 revamps of the past - for an episode that was never supposed to change at all.

--------------------------------------------------------

PS: Bovn being moved to episode 2 exclusive also means PoD will need rebalancing (again), since that was literally one of the only good drops (along with mothergarb+). Some people did hunt cent/ability, but imo it's pretty garbage if you already have limiter/adept, and those 2 armors were actually the only reason to play it (they actually were the only reason I played it outside of full 4 man parties - which has actual good non-boss spawns, but isn't accessible most of the time due to needing 4 people).

Reactions: Zen
Furthermore, here is an example of a Temple "buff" so people can get an idea of what would happen (note that this is not final):
unknown.png

Top chart is the original, Bottom chart is an updated one. Orange tiles are ones that have been changed.

I like it. Now just fix the completely stupidly impossible drop rates on the 12* rares and we're golden.

Every ID doesn't have a "good" forest and every ID doesn't have a "good" caves - why should every ID have a "good" VR Temple?
Because this is a video game, not a chore. The more you can just go into a game and play without people weighing how much they have to gain from the particular area and section ID, the better.

Because this is a video game, not a chore. The more you can just go into a game and play without people weighing how much they have to gain from the particular area and section ID, the better.

I don't think we're playing the same game.

PSO has ALWAYS been about weighing how much you have to gain from a particular area and section ID. And it has been around for 14 years. If you don't like that, then find a new (preferably not 14-year-old) game? Rather than ruining it for those of us that have been playing since we were tiny wee little kids, and are still sticking around? (Or play one of those broken servers that already fits your philosophy)

Sorry to be harsh, but, perhaps listening to the influx of new people who are here because of an event (and will quit a couple weeks after it ends) is not the BEST idea.

Tbh, I always liked the idea of replacing Ultimate E1/2 drops with the broken Ep4 gear that rendered them obsolete (God/X -> Heavenly/X, Partisans -> Yungchang, Double Sabers -> Vivi, etc). While keeping the really broken stuff like Lame, HS, SoF, Limiter, v502, etc Ep4 exclusive.
I personally don't care about cross-Episode item shifting as long as it doesn't make hunts "harder," but it is antithetical to the concept of Vanilla.

Stuff that doesn't drop already will not be added to drops (i.e. MR/LS, they will always remain hitless).
Out of curiosity, why was Rambling May exempt from this? Was it because of the event item?

I don't think we're playing the same game.

PSO has ALWAYS been about weighing how much you have to gain from a particular area and section ID. And it has been around for 14 years. If you don't like that, then find a new (preferably not 14-year-old) game? Rather than ruining it for those of us that have been playing since we were tiny wee little kids, and are still sticking around? (Or play one of those broken servers that already fits your philosophy)

Sorry to be harsh, but, perhaps listening to the influx of new people who are here because of an event (and will quit a couple weeks after it ends) is not the BEST idea.

There's a difference between "There's a few better IDs" and "There is only two or 3 good IDs and you should drive down to Wal-Mart, buy a cheap shotgun, and blow your brains out if you make a game with other IDs".

Here's a list of IDs for Ep1 areas:

Forest: Greenill, Bluefull, Purplenum, Oran, Yellowboze, Whitil
Cave: Skyly, Bluefull, Purplenum, Redria
Mines: Skyly, Redria, Yellowboze, Purplenum
Ruins: Viridia, Purplenum, Pinkal, Redria, Oran, Yellowboze, Whitil

Now, let's compare to the IDs for EP2:

Temple: Yellowboze, Purplenum
Spaceship: Greenill
CCA: Skyly, Oran, Whitil
Seabed: Skyly, Bluefull, Redria, Yellowboze
Tower: Skyly, Oran

Can't you see that there's a very noticeable problem there? Even the "worst" Ep1 areas have as many great IDs as EP2's best area. One ID, Skyly, basically dominates EP2, and most of the others are for one or two exclusive weapons, like 3084 Flowen's for Yellowboze, hit DoB farming for Whitil, or Guld for Greenill.

There's a difference between "There's a few better IDs" and "There is only two or 3 good IDs and you should drive down to Wal-Mart, buy a cheap shotgun, and blow your brains out if you make a game with other IDs".

Cool, did you see Matt's fucking template?

Every fucking ID was godlike in temple.

No thanks. Let's not head down that slippery slope. If episode 2 is buffed THAT much then episode 1 WILL be buffed later even though the staff says it won't. The staff says lots of things won't happen - mostly to shut us up and stop us from rioting - and then that same shit happens in the future anyway (there's really no reason to trust them at all at this point - you just gotta accept you're gonna get lied to and take everything they say with a grain of salt).

Out of curiosity, why was Rambling May exempt from this? Was it because of the event item?

If I remember right, it's because Sodaboy included RM and Girasole in the 2016 Easter event, and putting those in the drop table was more or less damage control to that.

Cool, did you see Matt's fucking template?

Every fucking ID was godlike in temple.

No thanks. Let's not head down that slippery slope. If episode 2 is buffed THAT much then episode 1 WILL be buffed later even though the staff says it won't. The staff says lots of things won't happen - mostly to shut us up and stop us from rioting - and then that same shit happens in the future anyway (there's really no reason to trust them at all at this point - you just gotta accept you're gonna get lied to and take everything they say with a grain of salt).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN AND THANK YOU FOR PLAYING ON THE EPHINEA PRIVATE SERVER. YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS HAVE BEEN TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. THIS TEMPLATE IS A ROUGH DRAFT OF WHAT THE TABLE WILL ULTIMATELY LOOK LIKE.

GODSPEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back