• Yes

Votes: 105 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying ''dont fix something that isn't broken'' Is like telling someone not to upgrade their computer and tune up their car. Why do girls put make up on before going out? They want to look their best. Nothing wrong with improvement. Specifically if the original is pretty bad.

Tune up, not destroy, completely change, overhaul, or make it literally unplayable. It's a tune up, one that's been put to a vote and has the communities imput. Because people in general have been saying since time began that they want it to look it's best aka some of it at current is damn ugly.

Guys, it's been done before. The Ep4 charts are not "official" anymore and that is definitely for the better. And there's another thing.

SEGA definitely had a brain fart when it came to Episode 2 drops. I mean, in Vanilla PSO, the chance for an item to be found with Hit% in Ep2 used to be 1% (well, 3% on Yellowboze). Think about it. One in a hundred weapons came with hit in comparison to Episode 1 where the chance is 5%. That makes absolutely no sense. If anyone can give me a logical explanation for that when it comes to game balance, please do so. The chance was raised to a flat 5% chance and no one, literally no one, complained.

Also, at the end of the day, the "PSO2 drop system" is arguably way more broken and everyone, including me, seems to like it. I don't think a few better items being put into the Ep2 drop charts would break anything.

Last edited:
In the end, the minority that will bitch and complain, within 3 days will go back to treating everything as if its normal and fine because thats how it always goes. Ep2's drop charts really look like they were made by and RNG half the time. Hell even the resists look that way. Have you ever tried fighting a Merikle with a force on multiplayer mode? Welcome to ep2 Dark bringer with 900 evp, good luck!

Most people don't realize just how much people like 12, LKA, Col, matt have spent actually playing the game and discussing what could be the best version of balance. Not just 1 becoming adept at 1 aspect of it. Hell me and Zyn have been arguing for a good 8 years over the opposite side of the coin regarding this or that issue.
Fuck man, me and Ade alone probably have 10-15% of this communities entire pso time and we're not even on the dev team. Sorry but being adept at the game, maybe even being the best doesn't mean you spent years paying attention to the flow of each character vs each area. Or the damage progress you see on each enemy at w/e point in time. Every character should be able to embrace every area with at least 1 goal, and at least feeling like a 7/10 in terms of supporting themselves.
Be addicted to the thrill of the hunt or w/e else keeps bringing you back to this game, not just nostalgia. Its not a matter of ego, its not a matter of agendas or anyone lying.

It's simply to find the best version of this game and balance it to where everything feels like it has a place to engage with properly.

I voted yes because ep2 drops are ridiculously bad and I don't see how you can argue against making them better unless you like terrible drops or impossible hunts. My only two gripes are making v502 episode 2 specific (this is an iconic ep 4 drop - why ruin that for any reason other than "its one episode 2 exclusive we can add and force people to play episode 2 that wouldn't before") and temple drops should remain garbage IMO, either item wise or drop rate. Come on, you can probably solo temple with bare fists, you don't really deserve any good drops in that cake walk. A nice compromise is to drop weapons that get a lot better with hit but are garbage without it (like flowen's).

I should change my vote to yes just cuz of PoD.

1 mistake:

1) Whitill Goran SoF is highlighted but not actually changed (which is good - just pointing out that it's highlighted)

It's also pretty hard to gauge any of those smartlinks, because in all our minds they're worth less than 1 PD atm.

I voted yes because ep2 drops are ridiculously bad and I don't see how you can argue against making them better unless you like terrible drops or impossible hunts. My only two gripes are making v502 episode 2 specific (this is an iconic ep 4 drop - why ruin that for any reason other than "its one episode 2 exclusive we can add and force people to play episode 2 that wouldn't before") and temple drops should remain garbage IMO, either item wise or drop rate. Come on, you can probably solo temple with bare fists, you don't really deserve any good drops in that cake walk. A nice compromise is to drop weapons that get a lot better with hit but are garbage without it (like flowen's).

If there are any good drops in lower areas I'm 100% sure they will be compensated with high drop rates. What shown is an example and no rates have been specified yet. In the same likes you have Milla and HP in forest. Which is nice IMO as it means more variety of areas to hunt (something in each are worth hunting, regardless of that being UBER/non-uber high/low rates).

I have one concern, and I know I haven't spent nearly as much time as you guys have considering all these changes, but I'd like to make one small point! I do like a lot of the proposed changes a lot, and I think a lot are fair. The only things that seem a bit confusing to me are some of the drops added to/made exclusive to Kondi ig: Whitill limiter, skyly/Oran BOVN, and Blueful/Pinkal MG+. Would the drop rates be made higher to offset how rare the boss is, since the weekly kill charts barely show us ever coming close to/breaking 10 Kondis a week, even during really active weeks? I'm just concerned about this change taking place, and no one ever using certain IDs for Kondi, since the proposed changes make it so certain items are only obtainable from Kondi directly(MG+, BOVN) where as Limiter is still obtainable in other IDs from more easily accessible enemies. A lot of the changes make sense and seem to be helping EP2, but with none of these items being implemented into drops in EP2, it seems weird to nerf EP4 bosses this hard. (I actually enjoy/agree everything else aside from the Kondi changes!) Thank you all for your time and efforts to make the server better!

Well, Shambertin/Kondrieu is not fought much right now, because currently the drop tables have utterly slaughtered Point of Disaster. (there was an Episode 4 reshuffle last Summer because people were tired of Point of Disaster being pretty much the only rewarding quest, we somewhat slaughtered the quest though)

Rates will be based around how long it should theoretically take to find an item in the best quest (Point of Disaster) in comparison to other drops on the table as well. It'll most likely be similar to hunts now, just on a different enemy.

Once again would like to mention that the drop tables displayed are not final in any way and will most likely be changed to be more subtle, because after thinking about it the current changes may be slightly too radical, which wasn't what I originally had in the mind (the tables were just kind of thrown together to have something to show).

In so many words, the idea is to "pad" Episode 2 with some Episode 4 drops, not do a complete reshuffle like we did in the past.

Last edited:
Oh okay! Yeah, I know that some items like Cent/ Abilities are pretty rough to find these days, but that makes a lot more sense. :) Thank you for the quick answer!

Once again would like to mention that the drop tables displayed are not final in any way and will most likely be changed to be more subtle, because after thinking about it the current changes may be slightly too radical, which wasn't what I originally had in the mind (the tables were just kind of thrown together to have something to show).

In so many words, the idea is to "pad" Episode 2 with some Episode 4 drops, not do a complete reshuffle like we did in the past.

Pad with PCs. Everyone loves PCs. And you could balance it just by making the drop rate appropriate. Then you can do less damage to the ep4 charts (less items reshuffling) while still giving people something they like.

As an example, PCs would be great if thrown into those "uber" hunts just to make the hunts more tolerable since you get "something" every once in a while. eg: Skyly currently shows Del Lily changing from Dragon Slayer to Heart of Poumn. Replacing that Dragon Slayer with a Photon Crystal instead would make the SJS hunt more "fun," even if it was a stupid rate like 1/1000 or 1/1500.

Garbage things that drop with percents (weapons) could be limited to one per model number (one of each trash Agito and one of each trash fake Flowens with duplicates removed), and things like HP/Revival and TP/Revival could actually be deleted entirely (instead of shuffled) since they are REALLY easy Coren drops (1k meseta reward). Then, as an example, if you really wanna delete Kamui from the greenill spaceship hunt ("guld hunt"), you could replace it with a photon crystal instead of a garbage coren tp/revival unit. In my opinion. (Note: I am slightly biased, as I do plan to hunt a greenil guld at some point :cool: )

Speaking of biased, I really liked what you did with my favorite hunt (bluefull seabed):
e42tt8g.png

Dat epic morfos drop is probably changing now? :(.

Cuz if that goes through, I'm definitely playing the shit out of seabed again lol.

Saying ''dont fix something that isn't broken'' Is like telling someone not to upgrade their computer and tune up their car.
Mind you the phrase is generally used in the sense that when someone attempts to fix something that already works they tend to break it. I'm voting no simply because this game in every community that has attempted custom personal changes tend to inevitably go overboard and fuck it up. I play here because I want to play the game as it was, mechanically sound, and constant changes are the reason I left every other server at a point. Well, that and terrible staff running those communities which I find this server is leaning towards every so slowly.

This thread isn't about "weapon changes", which aren't happening. We aren't trying to balance the game's stats; we're giving people more incentive to play areas that are underplayed because Sega made the drops there almost entirely garbage. Can we at least try to stay on topic, please?

Ryan, I'm not trying to derail the thread in any way, I'm simply addressing this because it will also likely happen. The fact is that this is still relevant because you have people that think are wizened sages trying to fix the game when they don't know shit about it. It's not meant to be insulting or to derail anything, it's just how it is.
It's not relevant because the changes you're talking about aren't going to happen. Weapon stats aren't changing, combo unlocks aren't happening, etc. If you want to discuss ideal hypothetical stat balances in another thread, that's fine, but again, this thread is for potential discussion of drop chart changes. We're off the mark here.

Seriously.

It's not relevant because the changes you're talking about aren't going to happen. Weapon stats aren't changing, combo unlocks aren't happening, et al. If you want to discuss ideal hypothetical stat balances in another thread, that's fine, but again, this thread is for potential discussion of drop chart changes. We're off the mark here.

Seriously.

Just like the drop chart changes weren't going to happen. Skylar is somewhat right this time, even if you dislike admitting it. I won't pursue this further, but it's the truth.
The only reason why I posted is because we had this charlatan talking about knowing flow of each character and damage progression. This is in his post, you can go see it.
I'll stop now unless something extra dumb is posted, I won't "derail" this further.

it doesn't matter if you have over 10k hours of PSO, they are 10k hours of sub-optimal pso gameplay.
WE FOUND THE MYSTERIOUS TIME FUHRER

it's not that you don't have records because you don't feel like getting them, you will never be able to get them if you want to, even if you get carried by other people
what the fuck does this have to do with drop charts?

for real though i wish talking about weapon/enemy stats didn't come up every time because i assure you, as long as i breathe, i will personally make sure that it never happens

i'll like, call the internet police on zyn or something

I understand that people have a problem trusting authority (or whatever) in this community but weapon changes aren't happening as long as I'm playing on this server (besides Clio ^.^)

Idk why that is even being brought up. Slippery slope arguments are not valid arguments. Drop charts and game balance are different things.

While I'm not 100% onboard with the dropchart change, I don't see the point of a lot of these posts. This thread is to talk about balance concerns not unrelated shit that the entire staff is against.

Edit: Also, I've talked to Matt and Jake about ep2 table changes for like...A year or more now. It has always been something that could happen if the community would allow it.
The difference between this and new weapons/weapon unlocks is there has never been a point where we have seriously considered these, and there never will be. I consider them to be modifying gameplay mechanics or "meta" and that's something I'd like to avoid. Adding Me/Mechs was toeing the line and I can't see it going farther than that.
I also understand that the PSO community has had some awful administration in its time after Sega and that's why I don't like this change. It predictably makes everyone flip out over nothing and pits players against each other.

Last edited:
it was brought up right when someone brought up damage progression, like I said.
idk who you are agastya, but you sound as bad as girth. your post is literally a shit post, you added nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back