Episode 1/4 Drop Rework

Do you agree with the rework?

• Yes

Votes: 249 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm generally for anything that gives the game a fresh feel. Yes from Mia.

Also, there are a number of items that could be distributed (like Last Swan, Master Raven) to EPI charts. I know this stuff was discussed back in the Sega server days, but of course Sonic team never got around to it. Imagine that?

I never wanted to see Last Swan or Master Raven dropping from enemies since they then can have Hit%, but at this point, I'd actually be in favour of it. I mean, Girasole and Rambling May also were never planned by SEGA to be avalable with Hit, yet here we are.

Last Swan is pretty powerful, but buffing the female characters a little bit isn't the worst thing in the world. An Master Raven with Hit% wouldn't be a game changer. Both would need to be considerably rare IMO, though.

Also, if this happens, could you guys maybe move Heaven Striker away from Pyro Gorans? Pyro Goran is just such an... "anticlimatic" enemy for such an epic drop, and I wouldn't really call it "iconic" either. I mean, just move it to Goran Detonator and everything would be fine.

We're not going to put things into drops that are uniquely from quests if it means they'll start dropping with stats they shouldn't (such as MR/LS with hit). We have done it before (Girasole, Rambling May), but rather not do it for more things.

We're not going to put things into drops that are uniquely from quests if it means they'll start dropping with stats they shouldn't (such as MR/LS with hit). We have done it before (Girasole, Rambling May), but rather not do it for more things.

Alrighty! Yeah, since it has already been done with Girasole and Rambling May, I thought maybe it's time for LS and MR to also be available with Hit.

Then again, those 2 items were made available with Hit only because they could be fotten from some kind of event or something (if I remember correctly). So in order for these event-items not to be "unique" forever (and thus, explode in value, especially Rambling May), they were made available from Monsters, or something? Man, that was a really long time ago so I don't really remember.

But yeah, LS and MR not dropping is 100% understandable.

Rambling May ended up being 40H from a rather exclusive event, and I don't like having those sort of exclusive items that can actually give people an advantage, so Rambling May was added to the drop tables. Girasole didn't come from an event I believe (it might have been in Easter 2016? But probably not), but it was decided to just add it for the sake of giving FOmar and FOnewm hit d-sabers, which we maayyybbe shouldn't have done but what's done is done.

Viridia Ep. 4 is going to get hit really hard.

Here's my idea:

Option 1: Let Viridia keep the only Ep. 4 v101 drop. Move all the others. The missing Ep. 4 Lame from Eclair should be replaced with something halfway decent.

Option 2: Add Heaven Striker as a drop to Viridia in Crater since it's only huntable in Desert currently, which was a poor move in my opinion. Hunting HS is EXTREMELY boring. Viridia is an "oddball" in that it's the only ID that finds both RR and PGF, but a lot of its areas (including basically all of Ep. 2) are pretty average. This would keep the oddball narrative consistent as being the only ID that finds both Lame (Ep. 1) and HS (Ep. 4).

If you take away Lame from Ep. 4 and move it to Ep. 1, that's fine, but the rest of Viridia's Episode 1 is pretty poor. If you also take v101 away, the only "good" drop in Viridia Ep. 4 is Limiter. The concentration of good hunts gets spread out, the ID becomes weaker overall. Implementing either of the solutions listed above would resolve that.

Also: Since items like Photon Booster, Magic Rock Heart Key, and similar fare cannot drop with stats, couldn't those still be considered? Or how about my idea for an instant-unseal item with a kickass name and description? :eek: (This wouldn't change the meta at all; it would just be another neat hunt.) Here's the link to the old idea:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/instant-unseal-item.9991/

(I would also like to note that I suggested boosting Mines a long time ago...)

Last edited:
I am a huge proponent to the idea of really buffing Mines in general. I love the Mines but it's drop tables are lackluster.
(Plus, I really need a strong reason to fetch a 2nd J-Sword to go AB/M to complement my 30,000+ Gi Gue blood soaked N/D TJS)

While on the subject of Mines, it would be quite fitting to throw Photon Booster in there on an ID or two (or three even).

Hell, why not make all of the Gallon's Shop Bag of Wheenies trade items drop-able? Magic Water in the Forest, Parasitic Cell Type D in the Caves, Photon Booster in the Mines, and dare I suggest Blue Black Stone and Magic Rock Heart Key into the Ruins?

I don't think anyone is going to fess up Pee Dizzles to Bag of Wheenizzles (I sure as hell won't).

god damnit matt i hate ep1 if your goin do this shit i demand a perm exp buff cus zones are so long also i demand gee spawn rate have inscreased speed it shouldnt take 5-8 mins to clear JUST gee room with hell instant killing its a huge time waster exp on 2 -3 quests off top of my head any chance -5 ever goin combo? i really hate worm bosses as well there designed to be huge time waster as well

also make damn stupid pam ams reliably hellable 90% dark resist is just retarded when they have 50% in ep2

Last edited:
I like this idea. While you're at it could you put a few more spots in VH for weapons that are primarily box drops? Club of Zumiuran is the biggest pain that comes to mind.

I am a self identified "casual" player and I don't know much of the drop tables by heart like the more serious players. My vote is yes for two reasons:
1) I enjoy episode one as it was my first and for levels only grind.
2) what the f*** happened to the Ruins delsaber?

Quick question, would older characters that still have a free ID change now have two? Or would the flag be overwritten when the new ID changes are handed out?

This would be cool. Honestly every time I see an episode one hbr that doesn’t coincide with an event I just figure I won’t play much for that month, so I could see myself playing more if episode one was worth the time.

That said, I’d probably agree to just about any change if it meant a free section id swap

Sounds good. If the loot tables were not already changed I imagine I'd be some kind of purist and say leave them alone you'll ruin the game. But You guys have done well and this is well thought out also.
MORE god items in VH would be decent. However, Its true, I have YET to see a "++" ANYTHING; i forgot they existed. Maybe adjust the rates for the "non-rare" units because right now they seem VERY rare; I having found more God units on VH and no "++" units.
-keep up the good work.

As of PSO GC onward, God Units (and anything beyond in BB) could not drop with minus or plus signs. That was unique to PSO v1 and v2 only, I believe.

Back