Episode 1/4 Drop Rework

Do you agree with the rework?

• Yes

Votes: 249 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all. I just wanna say how much I appreciate your efforts to keep things fresh but still authentic. That's why we all love this server! I still believe that this server is not PSO as it was, but PSO as it always should have been. Cheers and thanks for your hard work. :)

Hey all. I just wanna say how much I appreciate your efforts to keep things fresh but still authentic. That's why we all love this server! I still believe that this server is not PSO as it was, but PSO as it always should have been. Cheers and thanks for your hard work. :)

I could not have put it together better than that.

Yeah but the Ruins Lost quest sucks because of the low enemy counts. Even for 2 people (assuming you stay split), it's weak sauce. We should petition Ives to get Lost Havoc Vulcan back. He made it before Sega made theirs, so it's the "official" Ruins lost quest IMO.

I miss twisted towers more :(

Never will happen. Ives’ quests are and will forever be unique to the Sylvarant server.

Yeah, I thought that this was the case. Sad, but understandable, of course.

I tried quedit once, Spuz. Didn't get it. Maybe one day.

how about this: have hit hs a box drop in ruins. seems fair because you never get the cahcne to get one in e4!
Would completely devalue hs because of box runs and anyway, you can't arbitrarily set hit% drops like that.
It drops often enough already, just play more Desert.

Would completely devalue hs because of box runs and anyway, you can't arbitrarily set hit% drops like that.
It drops often enough already, just play more Desert.
just lol, "HS WILL BE DEVALUED". yeah, it's only the most desired ra equip, requires a set and the item's scarcity literally prevents people from choosing racast. ii'm being hyperbolic in suggesting h hs should be a set drop, but the comparative scarcity: this to other ubers is ridic.

even on servers where you coud/can hunt it more effectively than here hit hs is the one of the most valuable weapons in the game.

here's a real question: how many 50+h (really the hit minimum for this item outside solo) hs sets exist on ephinea? off the top of my head everyone i know has a tjs set. i think it's worth revisiting since it's such a basic equip. or we could leave things as they are and have everything more and more hu centric. i mean why branch out: play the best class or play a worse class and have gimped gear. galaxy brain decision, right?

Last edited:
Deleted my reply because I can't find a way to be nice about it and it's not worth getting banned over. I'll just say that I disagree with most of what you said and leave it at that.

In the end, I trust the judgment of the admins regarding this rebalance and they are certainly smart enough to not need my input.

Whatever happens, happens.
Thanks for letting us play on Ephinea.

Last edited:
I mean, I thought it was a troll account, but if everyone worth their salt has a TJS set and an HS set wtih 50 hit already...
Just continue to grind it out because it was worse on ST ;)

just lol, "HS WILL BE DEVALUED". yeah, it's only the most desired ra equip, requires a set and the item's scarcity literally prevents people from choosing racast. ii'm being hyperbolic in suggesting h hs should be a set drop, but the comparative scarcity: this to other ubers is ridic.

even on servers where you coud/can hunt it more effectively than here hit hs is the one of the most valuable weapons in the game.

here's a real question: how many 50+h (really the hit minimum for this item outside solo) hs sets exist on ephinea? off the top of my head everyone i know has a tjs set. i think it's worth revisiting since it's such a basic equip. or we could leave things as they are and have everything more and more hu centric. i mean why branch out: play the best class or play a worse class and have gimped gear. galaxy brain decision, right?
lol satire

Never will happen. Ives’ quests are and will forever be unique to the Sylvarant server.
I got to tell you Sodaboy that may be a bad choice.

Consider doing it like this: keep the base game mostly vanilla but consider archiving all known PSOBB content and putting it on the server. For example I would add unique created items, quests, etc.

Maybe put it into a category of quest called "community made quests" so anyone can play on them.

You can even put in the ephinea server software license a clause "any uniquely made content loaded in this server or game client may be freely used across the PSOBB community without further license or cost."

I got to tell you Sodaboy that may be a bad choice.

Consider doing it like this: keep the base game mostly vanilla but consider archiving all known PSOBB content and putting it on the server. For example I would add unique created items, quests, etc.

Maybe put it into a category of quest called "community made quests" so anyone can play on them.
If someone makes a quest for their server and decides they don't want it on other servers, I think it's fair to respect that decision.

I dont. You can even put in the ephinea server software license a clause "any uniquely made content loaded in this server or game client may be freely used across the PSOBB community without further license or cost."

Basically this is the same as GPL license or very similar. Anyone who uses your server must make their modifications available and make any software or data they design to load with the server available freely.

The reason is obvious: they benefit from the ephinea server project so should make their contributions freely. This also ensures a main central archive can be freely created, so content from the community never parishes should people be legally allowed to maintain it.

Nnnnno. That is super unreasonable. Put the time into learning QEdit, make a quest that is better than Ives, then see if you want to give up creative control. Along with the bills you get for hosting every looped ogg, skin, and tool.

Back