Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 10/10/2015)

Re: Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 9/4/2015)

Sodaboy said:
The new rates were generated by an algorithm using the star value of the items and this chart will stay this way for a while.
Considering the star system is almost totally arbitrary and often ranks useless joke items above useful serious ones, that doesn't sound like a very fair way to determine the rarity of drops.

I for one welcome the ever changing drop rates that get nerfed further changing the end goal post a little more. I lok forward to heaven striker being 1/201 like the glory days.

Aleron Ives said:
Considering the star system is almost totally arbitrary and often ranks useless joke items above useful serious ones, that doesn't sound like a very fair way to determine the rarity of drops.

rarity =/= usefulness though

Instead of calling an items drop rate, going to have to start saying dropped rate.

Sodaboy said:
If you could have everything you wanted right when you wanted it with little to no effort, there would be no reason to play the game after you've got everything other than to just show off to your friends.

...or you could not think like that and play the quests with your awesome gear, which is what most TA players enjoy doing.

Unfortunately the only character worth TAing with here is RAcast.

Edit: Lestat smells.

Ulevo said:
Sodaboy said:
If you could have everything you wanted right when you wanted it with little to no effort, there would be no reason to play the game after you've got everything other than to just show off to your friends.

...or you could not think like that and play the quests with your awesome gear, which is what most TA players enjoy doing.

I for one welcome using charge arms 50 hit, charge vulcans 50 hit, hell needle and rifle, cannon rouge until the end of time. So exciting!

Ulevo said:
Sodaboy said:

Hes stubborn, not like he ever played, I think.
You smell too, Ulevo. :cool:

I'm not going to say I looked over the rates thoroughly but star value sounds dicey. Granted, pretty much anything done resembling how Sonic Team did it will not make Camel-kun or Ulevo-chan happy. Play the casual-oriented server if you want to fast track the PSO experience for TA.

Weird because V101 doesn't look that bad considering how it's basically one of the primary end game units. I've seen enough Tripolics drop from random Seabed games to know it. I'm ultimately worried/bothered by 14% Heaven Striker/Daylight Scar/BOVN from a rare boss when you want to hunt these with percents. imo should match the more reasonable Lame D Argent, which is also an important item. (well nobody would probably care about BOVN tho)

pls dont disown me

We don't even have proper players to even begin hunting this stuff, and not even efficiently for a long ass time.

Nothing really mattress.

CTB said:
I'm ultimately worried/bothered by 14% Heaven Striker/Daylight Scar/BOVN from a rare boss when you want to hunt these with percents. imo should match the more reasonable Lame D Argent, which is also an important item. (well nobody would probably care about BOVN tho)

pls dont disown me
I agree with you here, so I up'd Kondrieu's drops across the board.

BB's Ep 1 & 2 drop rates are completely unchanged from GC's aside from Falz and Flow's drops, aren't they?

Are the new ult boss drops in 1 & 2 things that were added just here, or were they on Sega, too?

Ulevo said:
* off-topic

This is not true, HUcast is still very good and cannot be overlooked. He is not completely overshadowed by RAcast by all, because of his immense ATP and access to particular weaponry.

1. ATP -- higher single target damage with a few things such as Mechguns. C. Raygun also works perfectly fine on Vanilla enemy statistics on most things (I believe Heaven Striker is stronger though on a RAcast, although you can argue this is an issue also due to its auto-target properties).
2. Vjaya -- Do I need to explain this one?
3. Excalibur -- Same thing.
4. TJS -- Iron Faust is combo locked on Vanilla, meaning that TJS is the only viable tool to attack enemies from a central point. This is especially important for certain spawns in TA. Berdysh does do the same thing but uses normal attack damage unfortunately...
5. Dark Flow -- It might be combo locked, but that doesn't make it unusable (kind of needs a lot of hit though, and doesn't work on everything if it has decent EVP).

Dark Flow actually skews the entire balance away from RAcast and makes the game imbalanced overall. While it doesn't make him ultimately useless, RA's involvement in the TA metagame is very minimal because of it on other servers (except Ultima, because of their EVP boost which makes C. Raygun on HUcast useless and they don't get Raven or LK38, so you need RA to deal with a few things that Dark Flow cannot since HU doesn't have the tools for it there).

---

Also about the drop rates, I'm not sure what I think. I don't really like everything averaging around 1/2,000, but some drop rates are really extreme, such as 1/1,800~ from like Girtablulus... the maximum you can get in one quest is like 6 (if I remember correctly) and that specific quest takes 15-20 minutes with 4 people, meaning the item isn't really "huntable" so to speak. I don't think things should be easy, but they definitely shouldn't be necessarily so discouraging in a way that people feel like they can't hunt an item. Even SJS isn't quite so bad as you can do the 5 Gi-Gue on PW4 in like a minute.

Sodaboy said:
CTB said:
I'm ultimately worried/bothered by 14% Heaven Striker/Daylight Scar/BOVN from a rare boss when you want to hunt these with percents. imo should match the more reasonable Lame D Argent, which is also an important item. (well nobody would probably care about BOVN tho)

pls dont disown me
I agree with you here, so I up'd Kondrieu's drops across the board.

Thanks.

Matt said:
Ulevo said:
* off-topic

This is not true, HUcast is still very good and cannot be overlooked. He is not completely overshadowed by RAcast by all, because of his immense ATP and access to particular weaponry.

1. ATP -- higher single target damage with a few things such as Mechguns. C. Raygun also works perfectly fine on Vanilla enemy statistics on most things (I believe Heaven Striker is stronger though on a RAcast, although you can argue this is an issue also due to its auto-target properties).
2. Vjaya -- Do I need to explain this one?
3. Excalibur -- Same thing.
4. TJS -- Iron Faust is combo locked on Vanilla, meaning that TJS is the only viable tool to attack enemies from a central point. This is especially important for certain spawns in TA. Berdysh does do the same thing but uses normal attack damage unfortunately...
5. Dark Flow -- It might be combo locked, but that doesn't make it unusable (kind of needs a lot of hit though, and doesn't work on everything if it has decent EVP).

Dark Flow actually skews the entire balance away from RAcast and makes the game imbalanced overall. While it doesn't make him ultimately useless, RA's involvement in the TA metagame is very minimal because of it on other servers (except Ultima, because of their EVP boost which makes C. Raygun on HUcast useless and they don't get Raven or LK38, so you need RA to deal with a few things that Dark Flow cannot since HU doesn't have the tools for it there).

---

Also about the drop rates, I'm not sure what I think. I don't really like everything averaging around 1/2,000, but some drop rates are really extreme, such as 1/1,800~ from like Girtablulus... the maximum you can get in one quest is like 6 (if I remember correctly) and that specific quest takes 15-20 minutes with 4 people, meaning the item isn't really "huntable" so to speak. I don't think things should be easy, but they definitely shouldn't be necessarily so discouraging in a way that people feel like they can't hunt an item. Even SJS isn't quite so bad as you can do the 5 Gi-Gue on PW4 in like a minute.

RA became outclassed with the introduction to Rainbow while having access to strong RA like weapons with unlocked Master Raven and L&K, not Dark Flow. Dark Flow as a weapon was the only change that gave HU's purpose over their RA counterparts. I am not saying it was a perfectly balanced item (special was too strong) but you cannot expect a HUcast to have a meaningful place in a TA party with a Chain Sawd. You're not going to find a 50 Hit SJS. Even if you do, you can only sphere it in one place, which means you need more. So where exactly are do you find your mob clear from?

Unless of course you think the class can survive with a weapon that costs 10,000 meseta per swing. Not to mention that Heaven Striker is amazing, and RAcast has access to Excalibur too. TJS special is a very situationally placed special in a quest with limited use, and by itself would not warrant using over RAcast which will be faster in the other 98% of the time.

Matt said:
Also about the drop rates, I'm not sure what I think. I don't really like everything averaging around 1/2,000, but some drop rates are really extreme, such as 1/1,800~ from like Girtablulus...
I agree with you, so I adjusted Girtablulu rates.

Re: Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 9/5/2015)

Not like *I* really like to bring up this topic again, but I adjusted the rates one final time for Episode 4 only...

Yeah, yeah, I know last time I said they wouldn't change for a month or months, but for reals this time.

Most of the stuff dropped by common enemies *and* rare enemies all got a slight boost. I WON'T CHANGE IT NOW.

I think these should be acceptable. Yes, V101 and some other things are still hard to get.

Back