Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 10/10/2015)

Re: Player Commands

There isn't anything wrong with people having stuff. I am just from the older mentality (who actually played on SEGA) that it shouldn't be so easy to come by. I'm sure you were coddled by other private servers, but this server isn't a server that does that.

It was not easy to get stuff back then on other servers, really hard even

rates 1/lol in ep 4 :)

I just thought I'd pipe up and talk about forum etiquette. Although this is obvious to most, there are always a few that are unaware.

If you have any criticisms about any changes or implementations of the server try to be as constructive and as polite as possible (trust me it will go a long way). No matter how valid your points may be, making a post full of profanity, aggression and drama will most likely get overlooked and/or removed. Warnings will be issued moving forward.

Like Soda says. The cost of the server is subsidized by us admins (soda being the main contributor). Our time is given to this project with the expectation of nothing in return.

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Wild Stallions

I'm guilty of this too, so I went and edited my post. :p I gotta stop getting riled up so easily.

Sodaboy said:
I'm guilty of this too, so I went and edited my post. :p I gotta stop getting riled up so easily.

Im sry too.
Just having to deal with so many changes all the time, dying on falz wanting to /lobby wouldve safed me c_c(thats where i found out it didnt work)

Lestat said:
rates 1/lol in ep 4 :)
Well, another thing you should realize is that Episode 4 items are usually a tier or two better than Episode 1 & 2 items.

You can't expect God/Body to have the same drop rate as Heavenly/Body, as an example. Same for some of the other better units.

There's a thing in RPGs called gear progression too.

Thats the thing tho, heavenly power isnt that good of an item compared to god power and making it so hard to drop isn't anywhere reasonable
its 5 atp more. That unit isn't used in any max stat plan its used to get power boost to do little more damage in ult right now

Re: Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 9/8/2015)

It's still just that "bit better" than God/Power and the next tier. If it's not that much better, then I suppose you can just stick with God/Power.

Nah not official, didn't have a chance to play it. I did play a lot of offline, some online dreamcast, online xbox, and then gc years after since I could still play offline though. I played official bb server at my friends a couple times. But yeah played on other servers for bb later on. Probably why I was surprised to see this rate, but if that's how it was I guess I can't argue lol.

And honestly idk what sega was thinking making heavenly power only 55 considering what Lestat said about god power, I can agree. They should have upped it to maybe like 60-70. Heavenly arms on the other hand is a great improvement to god arms and is definitely more valuable. Saves so many unit spaces.

Lestat said:
nerfing everything and removing /lobby just because some ppl abused that is just so sad
Honestly, it should never have existed in the first place, as there is no legitimate reason to ever need to use it. All quests allow you to return to the lobby, so the only reason for such a command is to abuse it to run quests faster by saving the time you'd normally need to pipe back to Pioneer 2 and run to the Hunter's Guild. What's sad is people who are so obsessed with efficiency that they would use /lobby to make spamming the first room of a quest faster.

As for rates, I agree that a < 5% chance for Heavenly/Battle is far too low, as nobody is going to use that as an end-game unit. It's mostly a quick fix unit so that you can be competent in Ultimate (since God/Battle is only available on one ID), but you're still going to want a V101 to help you max most classes. V101 should be hard to find, but when V101 is the end-game goal, Heavenly/Battle doesn't need to be nearly that rare. There's nothing wrong with seeing lots of them dropping in the log, because everybody should have one, since Ultimate is a pain in the ass with no speed boost. Not everybody should have a V101, since it's the best, but there's not much point in having a V101 stand-in that's almost as hard to get as a V101 itself.

I don't really agree with nerfing single player drop rates. When you think about it increasing multiplayer is incentive enough to play with other people. When you talk about drops in ultimate that 5% (or whatever it is), is plenty reason enough.

Also sometimes I just want to play alone. I don't think we need to punish people like me. There just really isn't enough people playing on this server for me to always find a game. I'd like to be able to hunt by myself without being punished for it.

That being said I've really been enjoying my time here and thank you for all your hard work.

Soda, I just wanted to mention that one of the (many) reasons that Schthack fell to pieces was because the economy was very messed up, and this had to do with combo unlocked Dark Flow and Red Ring being extremely hard to obtain for a very long time, and the Episode IV rates being close to impossible. This promoted players to either cheat to get their items, which will happen here if items are too arduous to hunt, to donate to the server admin, which essentially began a feeling of resentment to the server admin for running a 'business' of pay-to-play, or to buy items from fellow players who found/donated/cheated for them for reduced prices.

Items that improve a class but are not necessary in order to function are alright to have slightly harder rates, but items that are necessary as a core item to the class should not be kept out of arms reach, especially if they require reasonable hit % to use. To be honest though, I am of the mind set that while hunting items and finding them is fun in PSO, actually playing the game with is a lot more enjoyable.

I am not suggesting that things be a free ride. You should have to hunt for what you want. But you should be able to expect the item to drop if you put the time in. That's my 2 cents.

we should keep ep1 and ep2 the same. and you can do whatever you want to the ep4 drop rates.

Episode 1 & 2 drop rates are going to stay the same no matter what.

Episode 4 drop rates are being looked at by me.

Do not make items easy to get just because people are whining. This is phantasy star, not monster hunter kids. It's SUPPOSED to be hard to get things. My only gripe was the one player nerf (and it was minor), not with how hard items are to find.

Seriously, stop whining about schthack server. Schthack's server admins went around, nerfing items and making pay to win items (Which was disgusting). Can't find an item and need to cheat? No, just learn to play challenge mode scrubs. You can trade away s-rank weapons for the are stuff you want. Find something like a heaven's striker with a good hit %, I got a TON of stuff for one I found.

Point is learn to trade and work the economy. Does this forum have a trade section yet? If not I suggest adding one to stop the whining.

Sheik said:
Do not make items easy to get just because people are whining. This is phantasy star, not monster hunter kids. It's SUPPOSED to be hard to get things. My only gripe was the one player nerf (and it was minor), not with how hard items are to find.

Seriously, stop whining about schthack server. Schthack's server admins went around, nerfing items and making pay to win items (Which was disgusting). Can't find an item and need to cheat? No, just learn to play challenge mode scrubs. You can trade away s-rank weapons for the are stuff you want. Find something like a heaven's striker with a good hit %, I got a TON of stuff for one I found.

Point is learn to trade and work the economy. Does this forum have a trade section yet? If not I suggest adding one to stop the whining.

#1: Not everyone enjoys playing just Phantasy Treasure Hunt. Playing PSO for the rare hunts is fine, but it should not be the only way to play, and that choice is totally dependent on the availability of the items.

#2: You could never trade S-Rank weapons for the real, top tier end game gear.

#3: You found a hit Heaven Striker? Good for you. Most of the server never found one legitimately.

#4: There is only so much trading can accomplish. Certain top end items only have relative trade value to other top end items. As nice as V101, S-Ranks, custom mags, and photon drops are, the players are not idiots. If an item like a high hit Heaven Striker is being traded, it is usually for something equally hard to get unless said player already has most of the desired major gear, and this is not currently and will not be for a while the status quo. Playing the market only gets you so far, and this is why most people on servers like Schthack only got places legitimately when overpowered event items were dropped and then made unavailable.

#1: Not everyone enjoys playing just Phantasy Treasure Hunt. Playing PSO for the rare hunts is fine, but it should not be the only way to play, and that choice is totally dependent on the availability of the items.

1) You're playing the wwwwrroonngggg game. PSO = PTH.

#2: You could never trade S-Rank weapons for the real, top tier end game gear.

2) You could trade multiple S-ranks for top tier gear. I auctioned off my heaven striker for 3 s-ranks and a few other decent goodies.

#3: You found a hit Heaven Striker? Good for you. Most of the server never found one legitimately.

3) And that's why we had the trade section in the forum that required proof.

#4: There is only so much trading can accomplish. Certain top end items only have relative trade value to other top end items. As nice as V101, S-Ranks, custom mags, and photon drops are, the players are not idiots. If an item like a high hit Heaven Striker is being traded, it is usually for something equally hard to get unless said player already has most of the desired major gear, and this is not currently and will not be for a while the status quo. Playing the market only gets you so far, and this is why most people on servers like Schthack only got places legitimately when overpowered event items were dropped and then made unavailable.

4) Nugz went around and spread the cheat engine as revenge against schthack. People cheat in every game. Don't blame the hard to get items. That's just phantasy star. Don't like it? play another game.[/quote]

Sheik said:
It isn't. Buy a 50% Hit Charge Vulcan from the shop, and you've just gotten a weapon for practically no effort that outclasses at least 50% of the rare weapons in the game. Rares aren't necessary for playing PSO.

When ahead and changed from percents to fractionals on the drop chart. Also, boosted Del Rappy drop rates a bit.

Back