Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 10/10/2015)

Re: Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 9/4/2015)

I'm going to paste exactly what I just told NDW on Skype:

I don't really need to answer to anybody. But, in my opinion, the rates were a bit high and some items should be more rare. I know a lot of the PSO players are used to easier rates and want their shortcuts to get their items faster, but that's not what PSO is about. A big part of PSO is the hunt for an item. Even the guy complaining about Zu and V101's new rate (1/1575) isn't nearly that bad. Sure, you're not going to find the V101 probably same day or same week, but you'll eventually find it. If they are the type of person who just wants to spam the same quest and get the item the same day, then they'll be unhappy. And if that's the case, that's fine, go to another server. I can't please everyone and I'm not even attempting to try.

we're only asking you to be reasonable with drops, the chances of getting a hit heaven striker right now is basically something like 1/infinity.
and v101 is a CORE ITEM that you need like a stack of dimates its not somethingn you can just make EXTREMELY UBER RARE and not expect people to be upset about it.

camel said:
i think the new V101 drop is absolutely absurd and is extremely difficult to find because zus are actually very hard to kill and extremely rare to find in quests.
V101
Drop Rate: 0.0635%

It's not like you're going to be hunting for a v101 with hit.

Ouch, my purplenum Heaven Striker (50% to ~10%) and Heavenly/Power (87.5% to 21.8750%) took a big hit, especially since they are both rare monster drops... It may not be worth hunting H/Pow now. :shock:

Villain said:
V101 :arrow: Heavenly/Battle

V101 is for yellow numbers now guys! :mrgreen:
heavenly battle is also a 1/5 out of a 1/512 monster so thats also very rare and extremely tedious to hunt for such a necessary item to have.

camel said:
Villain said:
V101 :arrow: Heavenly/Battle

V101 is for yellow numbers now guys! :mrgreen:
heavenly battle is also a 1/5 out of a 1/512 monster so thats also very rare and extremely tedious to hunt for such a necessary item to have.

Maybe instead of thinking of it as a necessary item, you can try playing the game without it for a while, until you hunt one!
smh at people complaining about rare drops being too rare in PSO.

camel said:
we're only asking you to be reasonable with drops, the chances of getting a hit heaven striker right now is basically something like 1/infinity.

yyyyyes?

heaven striker's a pretty high tier item, high tier items with hit are supposed to be extremely hard to come by. how long have you played this game for?

why are people whining about moderate+ difficulty finds in this game? it's PSO, guys... I get it if you're used to joining an established server and having god tier stuff practically handed to you either by other players or better drop rates, but this server isn't meant for you to immediately rush the gear you've had elsewhere. :|

You'll be fine for the V101.

Just comparing it's drop rate to Viridia's Episode I & II drops, the V101 is still less rare than an Agito from Gigobooma, a Yasha from Guil Shark, a Devil Battle from Dubchich, a Heaven Punisher from Sinow Gold (lol), a Viridia Card from Canadine, a Lavis Cannon from Chaos Sorcerer, a Luminous Field from Dark Gunner, a Scared Cloth from Bulclaw, a Cure/Poison from Poison Lily, a God/Arm from Hidoom, a Brightness Circle from Chaos Sorcerer (EP2), an Electro Frame from Zol Gibbon, a Maser Beam from Recon, an Agito from Sinow Zoa, a Psycho Wand from Delbiter (lol), a Nei's Claw from Ill Gill, and a Book of Hitogata from Del Lily.

I didn't think this was necessary, but I'm going super sayan in terms of giving an alternative to a uber rare V101:

How about you get by without one? Like use a Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou, or not use that armor and use a Heavenly/Battle instead?

Last edited:

Sodaboy said:
You'll be fine for the V101.

Just comparing it's drop rate to Viridia's Episode I & II drops, the V101 is still less rare than an Agito from Gigobooma, a Yasha from Guil Shark, a Devil Battle from Dubchich, a Heaven Punisher from Sinow Gold (lol), a Viridia Card from Canadine, a Lavis Cannon from Chaos Sorcerer, a Luminous Field from Dark Gunner, a Scared Cloth from Bulclaw, a Cure/Poison from Poison Lily, a God/Arm from Hidoom, a Brightness Circle from Chaos Sorcerer (EP2), an Electro Frame from Zol Gibbon, a Maser Beam from Recon, an Agito from Sinow Zoa, a Psycho Wand from Delbiter (lol), a Nei's Claw from Ill Gill, and a Book of Hitogata from Del Lily.

everyone was so happy and now you just do stuff like this, with what reasoning?

If anything, you should either make a poll for some kind of input for a final drop chart, or you should spend a few months changing the numbers behind the scenes without publishing anything until you're totally happy with everything (i.e. you can look at the chart a few weeks since your last change and no longer find anything that you dislike and want to change again) and then release a final chart that you promise to never edit, because having the drops be a constantly moving target is far worse than any individual rate being bad or good, especially since players might base their class and Section ID decisions on one chart, only to have their plans ruined by a surprise rate change a few weeks down the road.

i think we should have a poll, sodaboy. whether to revert to old rates or stick with the new ones. like the rr/pgf one.

Aleron Ives said:
If anything, you should either make a poll for some kind of input for a final drop chart, or you should spend a few months changing the numbers behind the scenes without publishing anything until you're totally happy with everything (i.e. you can look at the chart a few weeks since your last change and no longer find anything that you dislike and want to change again) and then release a final chart that you promise to never edit, because having the drops be a constantly moving target is far worse than any individual rate being bad or good, especially since players might base their class and Section ID decisions on one chart, only to have their plans ruined by a surprise rate change a few weeks down the road.

+1 :ugeek:

Prepare for the worst is all I can say to this whole V101 and drop rates discussion.

Last edited:

I'm never reverting to the old rates, poll or not.

The last rates I kind of did on the fly without really checking what the items were, which resulted in a lot of items dropping more often than they should.

The new rates were generated by an algorithm using the star value of the items and this chart will stay this way for a while. (At least a month or two, while I log drop data, though I honestly don't expect the chart to change anymore for real.)

I know some people may cry about some of the rates on their favorite items, but it is what it is.

There will be other times where drop rates will increase due to events and what not, though, so, don't get your panties all in a twist.

If you could have everything you wanted right when you wanted it with little to no effort, there would be no reason to play the game after you've got everything other than to just show off to your friends.

As I said, part of PSO is the hunt, and when you do finally find the item you want, getting that feeling of achievement.

Man, I haven't even thought about any stat plans for other classes, besides RAcast and HUcast, that don't use V101, so whatever. Speaking of events, I am too lazy to list everything that doesn't drop in case there might be some good ideas for how those events can be planned well in advance. Oh well, Max Attack 5?

Villain said:
camel said:
u hunted the players out of ur server. im done

Meh, I can't save them all.
devine-jesus.jpg

Back