Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 10/10/2015)

Re: BRAND NEW DROP CHART!!! 8/20/2015

I'll actually probably be revisiting this later today to balance it out, this was sort of a knee jerk reaction anyway. Will think it through better soon.

Alright, I made some more adjustments to the Rappies, Pazuzu, Eclair, and Astark. Think it's a good balance.

yeah these rates are much more acceptable at least for the del rappys.

i still feel that the armors and units drops shouldn't have their rates changed to have them common it's probably a good thing for those armors and units to be common and cheap.

also why nerf the PC drops too?

PC drops got nerfed because it's easy to spawn Del Rappies.

If you're hunting them, the other rare enemies drop them in Normal/Hard with a high chance.

Made some more modifications to the rates in the Episode 4 charts...

what all did you change the only change i saw was ult virida dorph Gratia drop no longer being comparable in chance to most pwand drops and now equal to the skyly and yellowbooze Girtablulu drops for it.

All the Boota monsters and Goran monsters.

falkenjeff said:

omg lol... like... nobody really knew SEGA's rates for Episode 4 because they didn't send an RT file or a PT file during login (lol), it was all on their server, so you kind of have to fill in the gap lol

Sodaboy said:
omg lol... like... nobody really knew SEGA's rates for Episode 4 because they didn't send an RT file or a PT file during login (lol), it was all on their server, so you kind of have to fill in the gap lol

Mfw when I learn something about this server everyday.

On another note, I didn't factor in DAR when I studied the drop charts, so I'm just clueless about what monsters to kill in episode 4 really. The real rates used to be easy to calculate without opening multiple tabs on a web browser for episode 1 and 2 when scanning the Ephinea drop charts such that I popped my calculator out and did the multiplication of the two given rates, DAR then Drop of course.

That would be a nice thing to put back on the drop charts, especially since I have no idea what the episode 4 DAR rates are. Anyways, great work Sodaboy.

Last edited:

You don't need to factor in DAR with the drop charts because it's already been factored in for you. In the first posting of the drop chart, I had the DAR and rare rate separate, but now they're mixed together.

Explained this here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=226#p1505

If so, the DAR is 100%, am I misunderstanding that? No no no, I have seen nothing drop from monsters previously. Silly me, but I like to see where I am confused about my miscalculation here. A post like this will definitely help here if I see where this is going correctly.

Let's try this example: SEALED J-SWORD, 0.0079%, Gi Gue, Ultimate

I converted 0.0079%, which is 0.000079 without %, to appear as an Egyptian fraction, sums of fractions with ones in the numerator of each term. After doing that, I see this result. It's interesting how similar the rates are after clicking the weapon's name and clicking the last link, so let's label these here. PSO-World's rate is Rate A, and this new fraction is Rate B. Using Rate A, I multiply that by 0.8, which is the Gi Gue's drop anything rate (DAR), and this is the result. This is the real vanilla rate that I will label as Rate C, so comparing Rate B and Rare C, there definitely is a difference that I won't bother computing here.

The main question is this: If those two rates are different, then which one is correct? Yes, it's a rhetorical question, especially if I did the math correctly. Ephinea's drop charts are correct, provided that there are no typographical errors. In other words, the real drop rate for the Sealed J-Sword is not ~1/15756, but it is ~1/12659. Please, click the "results" links to view these fractions in detail. Of course, drop rates with so many digits like XX.XXXXXX% that are converted to 1/XXXXX are not completely accurate, but it's close enough.

I'm assuming that this what you meant by mixing the DARs and the drop rares (DRs), yes Sodaboy? I did compute a bunch of rates for other rare items like Rate C until I posted this, so nobody has to look up DARs anymore. Still, I'm tempted to actually use the DAR for your finished rates as if it's vanilla PSOBB, but that's a waste of time, right Sodaboy? For example, performing the calculation, 0.8*0.000079, for the Sealed J-Sword does not result in the correct drop rate since you said that both rates are already merged, yeah?

I'm confused, sorry.

Like I said, I already factored in the DAR when showing the value on the drop chart page.

Take Del Lily, who has a DAR of 35%. But a rare item chance of 1.563%

Yes, you have a 35% chance to get something, including Meseta.

But before it decides what to drop, after winning the 35% DAR roll, PSO does the rare roll.

Del Lily's rare roll is 1.5625%

So, the final rate for your chance to actually get a DRAGON SLAYER from a Skyly Del Lily is approximately .546%... (You have to win 2 rolls in a row, the DAR and then the rare roll for the DRAGON SLAYER to drop.)

It's not very complicated to understand and this .546% rate is shown on the drop charts for Ephinea.

Bones said:
Does being good at math get you bitches?
Haha, you joined just to post this? :p (BTW, you guys, I know Bones, he's a friend of mine... SO I AM NOT OFFENDED.)

I just realized my math was off, for some reason I thought it was supposed to be disabled today for level 20 and higher, but it was actually tomorrow. I will re-enable it in like 10 minutes.

All right all right, I won't keep this up since Bones is being too cheerful here. Thanks for merging the DARs with the DRs to a more simplified format Sodaboy. I have done enough to illustrate how hectic calculating the real rates used to be for vanilla PSO. The merged rates look like it is easier to find rare items on this server than vanilla PSO slightly, so some hardcore vanilla PSO fans have to deal with it, heh heh heh. Well, the SJS and Dragon Slayer drop rate examples, which were posted previously in this topic, seem to indicate that pattern of easiness when comparing the merged rates to the multiplied rates that required the DARs and DRs.

PS: Does this server really have a 35% DAR for Del Lilies, as compared to 40% DAR in this table from PSO-World? Eh, I broke my promise to not keep this up, but I wanted to know how reliable PSO-World is, or not.

Last edited:

The DAR from Episode 1 & 2 is directly from GC. I didn't change anything about them, excluding Falz and Flow to make sure they drop something.

Re: Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 8/26/2015)

The lack of any v101 drop in vh at all bugs me immensely...ohwell guess I gotta hunt god/battle eventually.

Dang. No more hunting for them Del Rappies in Ep 4 for photon crystals :p

Jarofmayo said:
Dang. No more hunting for them Del Rappies in Ep 4 for photon crystals :p
:cry:

Why the change on photon crystal? 1/21 is just so lol

BPD hunting and adding hit to enemy weapons went from crazy to soul crushing now.

Back