Christmas Trivia - 99 PD in prizes

I'm gonna say "Enrique" again for number 5.

It could still be correct since the rules state only the 1st correct answer in a post will be rewarded and Spuz won with FOnewm already. x)

#1 Ramarl
#2 Darth Vader
#3 Veronica
#4 Bohemian Rhapsody

Well, #1 and #2 were already answered. No luck with the rest.

3. Vicenza
5. Bobby "Scaler" Jenkins
3. Vittoria

5. Cloud

I don't fucking know mate.

None of them are correct. Jenkins is a nice music composer, and Vittoria in spanish would be Victoria, but that is also not the answer. Cloud is something i would pick, after all my nick is Kuja...

I'm gonna say "Enrique" again for number 5.

It could still be correct since the rules state only the 1st correct answer in a post will be rewarded and Spuz won with FOnewm already. x)

Enrique is not correct but what you said after is. Is up to you guys to guess. E.g:

>I respond to the thread:

#1: A
#2: B
#3: C
#4: D
#5: E

And I answered "A" correctly, so i won, but that doesn't mean B, C, D, or E are incorrect.

Apparently this was missed.

Sorry i didn't quote it, "The Drums - Book of Revelations" is not the answer.

You say you only award the first answer, so I'll answer 5 first:

5. Volt

3. Roma

I mean, I want to continue with the V, but whatever. Can't find any Guy Fawkes or 5/11 references to other Roman V cities.
5th of November (Guy Fawkes night) also became a day to burn papal- and christian references. The capital city of christianity is Rome.
Also on 5th of november 1943 during World War II Vatican City was bombed.
The reasoning is a long shot, but hey, maybe the name is right.

You say you only award the first answer, so I'll answer 5 first:

5. Volt

3. Roma

I mean, I want to continue with the V, but whatever. Can't find any Guy Fawkes or 5/11 references to other Roman V cities.
5th of November (Guy Fawkes night) also became a day to burn papal- and christian references. The capital city of christianity is Rome.
Also on 5th of november 1943 during World War II Vatican City was bombed.
The reasoning is a long shot, but hey, maybe the name is right.

Nice touch answering 5. first, i expected to see that before. No right answers yet, but given your effort with q#3 i'll leave a hint at the end of this post.

I really thought I was onto something with Scaler oh well

5.Zidane
3.Vileia

Zidane is another awesome character, you people have good taste... but no luck xD.

Is the answer to #3 Vivianna?

It is not.

5. Isaac (Golden Sun)

I love Golden Sun, but not the answer.

4. ZZ Top - Velcro Fly

You sir, are correct, as it was Spuz in his winning post before. Congratulations! That is my favorite question, because if someone is familiar with the Dark Tower, the number 19 should ring a bell immediately.

- - -

Q#3 hint as promised to @Aer : The name's etymology comes from a pokemon nature which increases attack and decreases speed.

That is my favorite question, because if someone is familiar with the Dark Tower, the number 19 should ring a bell immediately.
For me personally, I haven't read the books. The extra hint gave it away. I remembered that joke from the film (Line was said by Idris Elba I believe) that was recently on Netflix (which I know was based on the books). I could not work out what the 19 was representative of though but after a quick google just now I am assuming this. Very interesting indeed!. Also unsure how ''New York'' comes into play from the original hints.

3. Valiente?

That is the literal meaning of the pokemon nature (Brave); the actual name comes from that word, more specifically from its variant "Valeroso/a", which leads me to...

3. Valeria

...The right answer.
Cassie 9 also had it right. Congratulations Aizen :)

For me personally, I haven't read the books. The extra hint gave it away. I remembered that joke from the film (Line was said by Idris Elba I believe) that was recently on Netflix (which I know was based on the books). I could not work out what the 19 was representative of though but after a quick google just now I am assuming this. Very interesting indeed!. Also Unsure how ''New York'' comes into play from the original hints.

Nice. I've been editing the main post with comments about the questions that are answered correctly; the New York reference is there.

Last hint, for the last question:

"In a land from a vast universe with a record of multiple adventures, there was a pirate, and a princess, and some others; if their master is a fan of side-quests, he probably met a rabbit-like character.

Also, in another universe, another princess with the same name of the one mentioned above, wore a thornmail to teach newbies how to battle".

5. Basch fon Ronsenburg

Questions in case this is wrong:
Question 1 : Does the disk contain the FULL name, or just the first name?
Question 2: Is the name (word) in the disk or are the letters spread out over the name of the disk?

You don't have to answer these.

Back