Quick question - Quick answer

Indeed, common weapons with certain specials are more useful than many rares. Good ones to look for would be:

Berserk / Charge Mechguns
Berserk / Charge Slicers
Berserk / Charge Handguns
Hell Handguns / Rifles
Arrest Handguns / Rifles
Berserk / Charge Shots

Feel like I'm missing a lot but ya.

I'll look out for those!

Are the SI techs very useful in ult when in a group? Do grants and megid replace them for the most part? I feel like SI have less use considering FO is supporting mostly in groups

Are there certain attack combos better for activating my specials on my arrest/demons needles?

What about just damage overall?

Si techs are generally useless in multiplayer. Even a fully powered FOnewearl (30 techs, Simple Staves, Simple Merges) will take 3-5+ casts to kill enemies (these are the weaker ones), and compared to other options available to other FOs and other classes, that is very slow.

The replacement for techniques in Multiplayer are melee attacks with select weapons (including Demon's and Hell). Gifoie is useful to use as well for damage, as it has a lingering effect and can hit 4-5 times on spawn. This is useful for ganking enemies such as Satellite Lizards and Merissa A (only use Gifoie when a spawn with these enemies is coming up, don't use it everywhere).

With a FOnewearl specifically, you don't really have many options for melee. There's Demon's from Slicer of Fanatic, S-Rank Mechgun and Bringer's Rifle, along with Hell Raygun, and I suppose Vivienne for direct damage (although it's not too great). FOnewearl's versatility in multiplayer is kind of low...

Unfortunately using techniques in multiplayer in general is a very bad idea. Not only is their damage somewhat pitiful, you will cause mass "damage cancel" to the entire party and only slow the game down.
Are there certain attack combos better for activating my specials on my arrest/demons needles?

What about just damage overall?
Nope, just use combos as you'd expect them to be (NNS, NHS, NSS, HSS, whatever). The "SNS glitch" only works with weapons that give you time to start another attack before the previous projectile hits (easiest with Slicers and Cards).

7wFlLrB.png
weJmV71.png
7wFlLrB.png
weJmV71.png
7wFlLrB.png
weJmV71.png
7wFlLrB.png
weJmV71.png
7wFlLrB.png
weJmV71.png
7wFlLrB.png
weJmV71.png

he wasn't specific lol

Lizards are the exception there and I generally use either Damage Traps or Confuse Traps to tag those
(rafoie rabarta zalure or just a sword if you're a HUmar/HUney)

I've never seen lizards stand ontop of each other like that. I'd just kick the bottom out of the way and watch them all tumble.

Excalibur besttagger

Since we are on the topic of tagging, would people find it annoying if I rafoie every time a spawn comes up? Probably one of those do it until someone complains kind of thing. Assuming exp is more important than me setting up for the next wave

Also is there a general guide on the best armor/shields to use? I know the obvious ones like red ring and merges, but not sure the general uses like which ones give other extra stats and which ones I might switch to for resists etc. Thought I'd ask before I look them all up

If someone gets on your case about tagging once, tell them to go fuck themselves.

Spamming rafoie and doing 63 dmg constantly, and tagging once are way different.

Also, if you're fo-ing, you can tag with J/Z, which you should be doing anyway, so no real need to warry about tagging on Fo

Any reason to tag with RaFoie instead of jellen/zalure? Other then the actual position of your character. Im pretty sure if the FO's JZ is higher level it wont get overwritten, right?

Any reason to tag with RaFoie instead of jellen/zalure? Other then the actual position of your character. Im pretty sure if the FO's JZ is higher level it wont get overwritten, right?
If you're only concerned with tagging, than J/Z should be top priority (arguable zalure only as most people will be able to combo kill everything, unless your teammates need Jellen).
Has better range (especially with Glide) and doesn't stun the monster which may throw someone off and get them killed.

Before anyone says otherwise: I'm pretty sure jellen/zalure still damage cancels, so in THAT sense it's not actually a superior tagging spell.

(It's only superior because it makes your allies do more damage - but if you don't have a glide, the range sucks, so rafoie away)

Yes, J/Z still damage cancels, but (Zalure specifically) they are the superior tagging techs because they're 100% necessary for a successful party, so why bother tagging with Rafoie when you have to atleast Zalure anyway.

Obviously, this is different for non fos.

Well yes, every single game and situation has different circumstances but then only the people at that time can decide what is to be done. People are ''generalizing''.

EDIT: What are the team point requirements for all the.... achievements here on Ephinea?

Last edited:
What specials are reduced on what weapons? Like, is a demon's shot reduced?
S-Rank and most >=10 stars weapons are not reduced. I'll edit in the exceptions later.

Exceptions: Zero Divide, Asteron Belt, ...

Last edited:
Back