Quick question - Quick answer

Okay, circling back around for a second:

And I also have a somewhat-related question. I've also recently learned about donating PB power, I think. So I have a couple of additional questions about that:

5. How is it done? Someone tried to give me the correct keyboard command but it didn't seem to be working.

5. End Key. Or whichever key you have customized to bring up Word Select or Symbol Chat menu.

Still having trouble with the donation of PB power. I'm thinking it might be a problem with my timing. I thought about this last night, but do you have to press the End Key to donate AFTER someone has activated a photon blast? If so, that would explain my issue...I've been trying to do it before the photon blast. If it does occur before the photon blast, then I still have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Okay, circling back around for a second:

Still having trouble with the donation of PB power. I'm thinking it might be a problem with my timing. I thought about this last night, but do you have to press the End Key to donate AFTER someone has activated a photon blast? If so, that would explain my issue...I've been trying to do it before the photon blast. If it does occur before the photon blast, then I still have no idea what I'm doing haha.
Has to be donated in the few seconds between PB activation and the actual PB animation.

The window to donate is the same window to chain a PB, if that gives you an idea of what the timing is. You have to do it after someone activates a PB (when the glowy arcane symbols appear under their feet), but before the actual PB animation starts.

Aha. I thought you were just donating power to someone specifically and not to the actual blast or chain after it happens. Makes a lot more sense now. Thanks!

New question: What have people found to be the best way to hunt for a God/Ability and a Centurion/Ability? Didn't really see anyone parting with them in their trade lists haha.

I am thinking of hunting amps and barriers while leveling some characters. For pinkal hard boxes in episode 1 the rates seem to be better compared to other IDs. Are these true?

Well, the odds are 4% to get an item. With 8 items to pick from, you have to spend on average 200k to get the item - that will, however, vary wildly.

Coren's odds can't be increased.

Alternatively, you can hunt Gibbles on Purplenum: Just spam the first room of PW4, it has 3 Gibbles. You would need relatively good equipment, though: An Ill Gill is blocking your way. Zalure and / or Demons is recommended.

Well, the odds are 4% to get an item. With 8 items to pick from, you have to spend on average 200k to get the item - that will, however, vary wildly.

Coren's odds can't be increased.

Alternatively, you can hunt Gibbles on Purplenum: Just spam the first room of PW4, it has 3 Gibbles. You would need relatively good equipment, though: An Ill Gill is blocking your way. Zalure and / or Demons is recommended.

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah that's not gonna work out well for you. Just hunt/buy a photon crystal and do Black Paper 2 on VH

@iceman288 Take a look at this video. Maybe it will help you understand it more?

Please excuse the bad quality. Just rushed the video out for simplicity's sake.

Yeah that's not gonna work out well for you. Just hunt/buy a photon crystal and do Black Paper 2 on VH

I saw that drop but it seemed like an even worse bet because of the time it would take to get photon crystals and the odds of getting the Centurion/Ability to drop. Any tips?

It is likely you will get stuff you want from Black Paper 2 even if you don't get a Cent on the first try. I guess if you can live with Coren it's worth it if you reeeally want a G/Ability. But a God/Ability is heavily outclassed by Cent...and it won't do much as a place holder either. Crystals don't seem too bad to hunt in VH now if you've got Blue or Purple...

(plus you can play the game instead of just hitting Enter a fuck ton)

@iceman288 Take a look at this video. Maybe it will help you understand it more?

Please excuse the bad quality. Just rushed the video out for simplicity's sake.

Nice, thanks!!

It is likely you will get stuff you want from Black Paper 2 even if you don't get a Cent on the first try. I guess if you can live with Coren it's worth it if you reeeally want a G/Ability. But a God/Ability is heavily outclassed by Cent...and it won't do much as a place holder either. Crystals don't seem too bad to hunt in VH now if you've got Blue or Purple...

(plus you can play the game instead of just hitting Enter a fuck ton)

Fair enough. In the max stat guide I'm using, two God/Abilities were enough in the end so while the Cent/Ability would help in the short-term, long-term it's not totally necessary.

Best place to hunt photon crystals appears to be ep 4 in any difficulty, right? Any good quests for it?

Sorry, I'm just full of questions today. :)

Back