Quick question - Quick answer

On the subject of PBs, I happened upon a PB combination guide that makes a claim I haven't heard of before.
Code:
* Note - In combinations, Leilla ALWAYS negates the effects of Mylla & Youlla.
I don't typically raise mags with Leilla and I rarely see anyone else use it, so is this true? Does Leilla cancel out Twins' superduper Shifta/Deband in a PB chain? Or even by itself (kind of like how the medbay kills all status effects positive or negative)?

On the subject of PBs, I happened upon a PB combination guide that makes a claim I haven't heard of before.
Code:
* Note - In combinations, Leilla ALWAYS negates the effects of Mylla & Youlla.
I don't typically raise mags with Leilla and I rarely see anyone else use it, so is this true? Does Leilla cancel out Twins' superduper Shifta/Deband in a PB chain? Or even by itself (kind of like how the medbay kills all status effects positive or negative)?
thats not true....cuz I always cast it simce hardly anyone ever has it.

No it does not negate mny. Leilla is the 1st PB by any force when feeding. So the lack of Leilla means:

-People are growing mags on Hu/RA through the whole process so the mags they feed do not need to be swapped for twins / making easy mags such as sato.
-According to th leaderboard fo is small % of characters and from what I know alot of them are 2nd Characters. (so 1st char fo being few to feed with leilla PB).

Plus damage > heal. We have mates for that.

If the rates are better on the dropcharts than it should be true. Unless soda is trolling us :eek:

It just seemed weird because only EP1 on hard (also not all amps either), and then the rest is the same. There are also a few small difference between other IDs for them that seem kind of odd to have.

thats not true....cuz I always cast it simce hardly anyone ever has it.
No it does not negate mny. Leilla is the 1st PB by any force when feeding. So the lack of Leilla means:

-People are growing mags on Hu/RA through the whole process so the mags they feed do not need to be swapped for twins / making easy mags such as sato.
-According to th leaderboard fo is small % of characters and from what I know alot of them are 2nd Characters. (so 1st char fo being few to feed with leilla PB).

Plus damage > heal. We have mates for that.
Yay, a guide spreading misinformation then. >.<

Anywho, ty for the answers. I'm in the process of figuring out an endgame mag for stat maxing and all that good stuff and I think I'm gonna settle with a Tellusis (thanks to @NDW for some information on that). I can pick any starting mag PB (Farlla, Estilla, or Leilla), and was researching PBs when I stumbled across that guide. Now I know Leilla isn't completely out of the question.

Anywho, ty for the answers. I'm in the process of figuring out an endgame mag for stat maxing and all that good stuff and I think I'm gonna settle with a Tellusis (thanks to @NDW for some information on that). I can pick any starting mag PB (Farlla, Estilla, or Leilla), and was researching PBs when I stumbled across that guide. Now I know Leilla isn't completely out of the question.

Yah. Make with leilla it's fine.
Here is a Lil thing I made that might be helpful too :)

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/basic-mag-information.1497/#post-19119

Nice, thanks!!

Fair enough. In the max stat guide I'm using, two God/Abilities were enough in the end so while the Cent/Ability would help in the short-term, long-term it's not totally necessary.

Best place to hunt photon crystals appears to be ep 4 in any difficulty, right? Any good quests for it?

Sorry, I'm just full of questions today. :)
Just a word of caution: max stat guide using God/Ability are probably based on Gamecube version or older, in Blue Burst there are a lot of utility units that you'll probably want to leave slots for. Generally people avoid ability units in BB in max stat plans.

Falz' Rabarta. I hate it. How do you guys deal with it?
It's already answered but I think I can add to it: you have to have enough HP and EIC, then make sure you attempt to dodge it. When Falz targets a player with Rafoie/Rabarta, it will attack along the ray from itself to the targeted player's current location. You'll still get hit even if you dodge, but moving away makes it less likely to hit you lots of times I think. Afterward you'll probably freeze, darvants will spawn and threatens a multi-hit KO. There's three options I know of: Cure/Freeze, or unfreeze yourself with button mashing/joystick movement, or pull up a menu. The third one needs some explaining: when you are frozen and any menu is up, it will unfreeze you after about half a second automagically. Dimates/Trimates to recover from Rabarta is sort of recommended anyway, which you can access through the menu, so it's two birds with one stone. All three methods are pretty viable, and some players prefer one or another. After you're free, dodge the darvants in a circular like motion.

Edit: if third method doesn't work, read on.

Last edited:
It's not misinformation. You looked at a guide from the Dreamcast section of GameFAQs, and the information is (sort of) accurate for V1/2. When you use both Leilla and Mylla&Youlla in a combo, you will only get the effect of whichever one was used first, meaning you will get healed without getting Shifta and Deband if Leilla is used first, or you will get Shifta and Deband but not healed if Mylla&Youlla is used first (the latter being more desirable, of course). Leilla is generally less popular in V2 combos for this reason, but Sega fixed the bug in V3 and allowed you to get both healed and buffed from a single combo.

One bit of misinformation that do I commonly see for all versions, however, is that donating to Leilla will revive you, which is not the case. Only donations to Mylla&Youlla can revive you, no matter which version you play, AFAIK.

The third one needs some explaining: when you are frozen and any menu is up, it will unfreeze you after about half a second automagically.
It needs some explaining indeed. Never heard of this one before. I just tried this in various forms but doesn't work.
What I did hear is that you unfreeze faster by wiggling/mashing IF any menu is up :eek:

As shown in the video, it works best in the fight if you're already holding it when he blasts the ice. Otherwise you lose like a whole second setting it up if you do it once you're already frozen.

Man learn something new everyday. Is this what you do in BA @conenubi701. Im used to mashing or c/f

Back