Quick question - Quick answer

i downloaded the character planner app and i do like it a lot.
but. the decimal ATA values are killing me. are all the character planner's values for it correct? do character's base and/or max ATA values sometimes have decimal values? fomarl's base ATA on psoworld was said to be 144, but the character planner says it to be 144.9. thats almost a whole ATA point! aghagahgh. still has here max at 170.0 though. can anyone confirm or deny this?
The decimal value for level 200 etc. should be correct. (I haven't looked into the app so I'm not sure, but it's probably just copied off a reliable source; there's reliable formula people dug from game code etc.)

The max stat on the other hand, someone correct me if I'm wrong, people does not know the decimal part of it, they only know the integer part. Again take a look at this and look at the ATA's true calculation section, and note that people don't know about it, and don't know if they make any difference.

Then again maybe people have found more information on this since.

If anyone is worried about stat setups, make a sandbox acct and get the item maker tool. Super easy to test lvl 200 builds

Hey guys! I know this really cool website for stat calculations :eek:
It was originally designed for SCHTServ but you can also use it for Ephinea because the status of classes never changed! :D
http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/ss/statussimulator.html
It's so easy to use even I can use it :D
thanks for the input. i like the app a lot better though. also thanks @Melirei but im curious as to why no one has figured out actual ata maxes yet? doesnt seem too hard to do so. and seems like itd be very beneficial to the community

I think it's decided by Matt at the first maintenance of next month

Does grinding a charge/zerk/etc. weapon increase the special damage? I don't want to waste a lot of grinders if it doesn't >.>;

i need to know some things about EVP.
equations? ive heard it is the main factor in block chance. can this be confirmed or denied?
i'm thinking about a proof of sword-saint build on a hucaseal. is the evp buff from poss after max stats? meaning could it theoretically push her evp beyond its max? if so i've found her max +bovn + rr +jizai + 3 poss to be 1504 evp! this sounds like it should be able to do something.
thanks as usual for your help mates.

Last edited:
EVP is the ATA calculation but backwards. If you know how to calculate ATA for players, do it the other way around. (all 1x values, I believe)

On the subject of ATA caps, nobody has "discovered" them because the number is yellow as soon as you hit the cap (i.e. 1700 - 1709 will all be yellow), so it's just assumed that 1700 is the real cap.

Is there a guide or general knowledge on best quests/methods for unsealing specific items (swordsman lore, lame, etc)?
Basically just nuking in monster spam quests, like Ep4 MAS first area. Alternative you can choose quests with "side-rewards" like MA4A (for PC chance) and MA3 (for tickets), but you'll unseal much slower.

FOnewm is optimal for Lame/Limiter, HUnewearl is optimal for SJS/Lores.

Tip regarding nuking: for Foie-series, Rafoie attacks faster but Gifoie can spawn-kill multiple waves, both has its uses.

Also do it in Normal difficulty to unseal quicker.

Last edited:
i need to know some things about EVP.
equations? ive heard it is the main factor in block chance. can this be confirmed or denied?
i'm thinking about a proof of sword-saint build on a hucaseal. is the evp buff from poss after max stats? meaning could it theoretically push her evp beyond its max? if so i've found her max +bovn + rr +jizai + 3 poss to be 1504 evp! this sounds like it should be able to do something.
thanks as usual for your help mates.

Formula is ATA-EVP/5, that's the chance the enemy can hit you. If you do Delsaber set + 4 PoSS + Stealth Suit, your EVP ends up at about 164x (I don't remember). IIRC theoretically it perfectly blocks Goran and below while Gibbles hits you 5% of the time.

a lore unseals into a poss. so you cant actually unseal a poss. I think you meant limiter
Edited.

2 Questions regarding S-ranks:

1. I know of NDW's guide for recommended equipment for each class, but is there any info on more specific specials to add to S-rank weapons? (specifically S-rank needle) Popular ones are zalure, hell, demons, arrest etc, is there a "best" one or is it all more a matter of preference/situational? Once I have enough PDs i was leaning towards zalure but wanted an opinion.

2. If already using a Spread Needle, seems like getting an S-rank needle isn't really worth it until you can add a special, would this statement be accurate or does it also have higher ATP than a spread once fully grinded? I'm going off of pso-world info so wanted to make sure here.

1. I know of NDW's guide for recommended equipment for each class, but is there any info on more specific specials to add to S-rank weapons? (specifically S-rank needle) Popular ones are zalure, hell, demons, arrest etc, is there a "best" one or is it all more a matter of preference/situational? Once I have enough PDs i was leaning towards zalure but wanted an opinion.
Each special fits a certain role.

ARREST NEEDLE: Overall paralyzes enemies better than Spread Needle.

BERSERK NEEDLE: Used for Sil Dragon when it's down, DRL/BR if you don't have Excal for when it's on the raft, Vol Opt 2, and for killing groups of small enemies fast.

DEMONS NEEDLE: Useful for applying Demon's as a RAmar/RAmarl on large groups of small enemies if your Base ATP is low or useful for a group of large enemies with high HP.

HELL NEEDLE: Useful for instant killing multiple enemies quickly. Generally used in EP2, but can also be used on Sand Rappies and frozen lizards in EP4.

ZALURE NEEDLE: Useful for non-RAmarl solo gameplay or playing in a group where LV20+ Zalure isn't available to use. Can be used to apply special and attack with.

2. If already using a Spread Needle, seems like getting an S-rank needle isn't really worth it until you can add a special, would this statement be accurate or does it also have higher ATP than a spread once fully grinded? I'm going off of pso-world info so wanted to make sure here.
It would be recommended to add Arrest special to an S-Rank Needle after you've gotten the other desired S-Rank Needles' specials.

At higher level gameplay you won't be using a Spread Needle or S-Rank Needle to attack with unless you are soloing or trying to build PB for a 2-4 way PB combo for LV41-81 SD.

Back