Quick question - Quick answer

were the 2 player buttons in some quests like EN4 gonna be made soloable?
Jake: MATT FIX EN4 SO IT CAN BE SOLOED
Matt: oh yeah
Matt: man I fixed a bunch of those quests then I FORGOT to pass them
Matt: then I think I overwrote EN2 with MU2 so I just gave up and forgot

YES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED BUT ARENT CAUSE MATT

thankz :3
oi8bhlT.png

Is it possible to format music from other sega games into music disc?

Yes, it's quite easy to do. You can change the .ogg files yourself but only you will hear the change in music. For everyone to hear it, they would need to be replaced via a patch that everyone downloads.

Either way, all you do is grab a music track, convert it to .ogg format via Audacity or some other program, configure it to loop, and then replace the appropriate track in the Blue Burst ogg folder. I make ogg packages for PSO all the time for fun. I have a PSO3 music package, and am working on PSU and Magic Knight Rayearth packages.

P.S. For whatever reason if you try to replace the CCA music, and all Episode 4 music aside from St. Million/Shambertin, it bugs the game. The music doesn't play, and when you try to teleport back to town the game freezes. At least, it does for me. Not sure why this is.

I would suggest Red Ring since with that you can cut back on luck mat usage since it adds 20 more luck, and it helps overall with melee, ranged, and demon special attacks. In parties, FOml already has a boosted range in all support so any merges for those tech isn't necessary in my opinion. Now as for frames what comes to mind for me is lieutenant mantle for innate trap vision and Sacred Cloth for having immunity to paralysis. Considering these are basically vanilla items with no modifications done to them I'm still learning myself of whats really best at the moment.

lieutenant mantle was always my fav, brightness circle cuz hardcore, sacred cloth built in cure/para
safety heart with rambling may til you can get/use red ring, anti-dark ring, merges if you feel like nukemarl

guy above me said it already oop

I doubt it, but I'll ask anyway: Is there any way to change what color boxes drop as? I am curious if I could make materials, grinders and scapes drop as red boxes instead of green ones.

I doubt it, but I'll ask anyway: Is there any way to change what color boxes drop as? I am curious if I could make materials, grinders and scapes drop as red boxes instead of green ones.
im pretty sure all green box items just use the same skin/model by default
there are box skin packs and ive never heard of anyone making diff items in the same category look different
cept lee on scht with luck mats, but i think they were actually made into a rare item not just a reskin

A few quickies...

1) What's the name of the Ep4 single-player quest in Japanese? It's a pretty neat quest where you have a choice of bringing Ash, Bernie, Sue or Rupika. Is it a Sega-made quest? It feels like it.

2) Ephinea is the most stable version of PSO I've ever played. But during the rare occasion I do crash, it's always when selling items to the shop. Do other people share the same experience?

3) Every time I have a Hunter level up a Kalki mag (because Estlla is the best opening PB) and evolve it to a stage three mag, it becomes a Mitra, the Ranger evolution, instead of a Marutah, the Hunter equivalent. Is this working as intended?

3) Every time I have a Hunter level up a Kalki mag (because Estlla is the best opening PB) and evolve it to a stage three mag, it becomes a Mitra, the Ranger evolution, instead of a Marutah, the Hunter equivalent. Is this working as intended?
Yes.

Once you have leveled a Mag from Lv 5 to Lv 10, it will stay on the HU/RA/FO evolution route until Lv 50. Then on every level divisible by 5 afterwards, unless turned into rare/celled mag, it can change depending on the class and Section ID of the character feeding it.

im pretty sure all green box items just use the same skin/model by default
there are box skin packs and ive never heard of anyone making diff items in the same category look different
cept lee on scht with luck mats, but i think they were actually made into a rare item not just a reskin

Back in the day was lots of skins for boxes. I've seen and used rainbow. For these items before, but like Ducks mentions it usually covers all green. Ask in the skins forum Bliz, there will be a rare item skin somewhere. Itd certainly possible if 'Lee did luck mats right?' :3. Or suggest to soda to make them rares.

With Charge Vulcans 50h being so powerful, what situation would someone use twin swords, daggers, or doublesabers over it?

Last edited:
A few quickies...

1) What's the name of the Ep4 single-player quest in Japanese? It's a pretty neat quest where you have a choice of bringing Ash, Bernie, Sue or Rupika. Is it a Sega-made quest? It feels like it.
Yes, it's a SEGA quest. The English translation is "To the End of the Wilderness" (or something similar).

Yes, mags cannot leave their evolutionary line until 50. It's how SEGA coded it and nothing to do with the server.

With Charge Vulcans 50h being so powerful, what situation would someone use twin swords, daggers, or doublesabers over it?
tbh you don't even need to carry single target melee, i often dont to keep my weapon count low for ez/fast switching

sometimes the melee options will be more dmg on a lower ata char if they cant use cvulc nss or hss, esp if high hit or PoSS
the small amount of movement added by melee shit can be useful in some situations to avoid being hit n losing dps by other enemies
cvulcs dont scale with %'s but higher atp single target melee shit scales well
something like bkb devils is worth on epsilon, dorphons, etc. rangers/hucase can make demon srank twins work as well
jizai hell on recoboxes or maybe solo lizards

there's prolly other merits to the melee option but it really comes down to preference

Mags cannot leave their evolutionary line until 50.

Thanks for the responses, NDW and Matt! It's funny, even after all these years I'm still learning things about the game that completely slipped by me.

Pertaining to the quest "To the End of the Wilderness," I humbly ask that it be placed on the "to translate eventually" list. Would love to know what they're doing, and the different questions/responses you get for each character when you get to the sparkly stuff.

Back