Quick question - Quick answer

Any known methods to obtain luck materials more easily? I almost never come across any. I forget if they're more common with type B IDs (currenly using Viridia and Redria)

Any known methods to obtain luck materials more easily? I almost never come across any. I forget if they're more common with type B IDs (currenly using Viridia and Redria)
PSO-W says it's more frequent in normal ruins... but don't know if it's a reliable source.
Best to check the real game files for the actual distribution? Getting Tethealla files and read them with some tools, etc... If someone's up for it...

Edit: ninja'd Ducks <:
To add to Ducks' answer, Beak's Cafe (MA3 reward quest) can give out mats. Estimated (with low sample size, might be inaccurate) 1/6 chance for mat per try, and 1/30 for Luck in particular.

Last edited:
normal difficulty ruins is listed as having a higher rate of drops
you can beat ma4 quests and get tickets to use on ma4 venue in ep2 event, it can give all types of mats money and other goodies
forced green boxes like the ones in ttf dragon can give mats as well
edit nze ninja'd me

Quests haven't been fixed but I was working on it. Need to know all the quests with multiplayer switches though (even optional and 4P ones).

Right now I've done EN2, EN4, MU2 and MU4, could just get them up one by one I guess but I kinda just wanted to make sure everything was done (I know I need LIS).
Slightly old post, I know, but there are still multiplayer switches for the optional paths in PW3. Just as a heads-up.
I haven't checked PW1 or 2, I know PW4 doesnt have any.

How do you screen shot the active window and save it to a file? I know prtsc copies the full screen to clipboard, alt+prtsc copies only the active window to clipboard, and windows+prtsc automatically saves the full screen to a file. So you would think win+alt+prtsc would save the active window to a file but it doesn't. Is it possible, or does anyone have a different suggestion about how to screen shot this game?

PSO does screen shots itself (PrtSc) and saves to the bmp directory in the root of the game.

Regarding to saving directly to a file (any) window, I guess a dedicated program will do... I might make me one because it sucks to open paint paste and then save.

I am following NDW's guide for maxing my racaseal, which is as follows:

RAcaseal @ LV 200
--------------------------------
Shield: RED RING
Units: V101
Mag: 5/150/45/0 @ LV 200
Mats: 0 left
- 43 Power
- 53 Def
- 26 Evade
- 28 Luck
--------------------------------
All stats maxed out except:
EVP: -7

However I've decided that I don't want to use a red ring. Do I just need to use 20 less evade mats and 10 more power and luck mats and I am good (albeit with a little less evasion)? I just wanna make sure I am not overlooking something.

IIRC Red Ring only boosts base Luck and MST, whereas the other stats it boost is over the base (e.g. 20 ATP over max atp, 20 ATA over max ATA, etc., as for DFP/EVP...), hence all you needed to do is move 10 evade mat to 10 luck mat.
Hence instead of 7 EVP off max you're now at 27 EVP off max, which is in range of many units like Cent, G/Legs, H/Legs which is what Ducks is talking about.
Hopefully I didn't overlook something either ><

yea you wanna use as few ev mats as possible while as many pow usually
there's no situation where i wouldnt use 38 luck mats on ra or fo and 45 on hu, it just makes sense/opens more options for builds later

It's the same plan.

there's a racase plan that uses hlegs to have all maxed stats, and lets you drop it when need the slots
frees up more mats
maki uses it iirc, gotta find it will edit if noone else posts

white is normal mode
red is hardcore mode (die without scape char deleted)
the like dark pale yellow is sandbox mode (basically can make own items, teleport, insant lvl 200, etc)
there are also 3 different colors of bright yellow, the darker the color of the brighter yellows the more daily luck the person has
the light blue color is GM

/help is very useful for commands n stuff btw n.n
faq if havent read for some other things
http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/faq/

Back