Quick question - Quick answer

Yeah, but what I'm saying to you is that I know how the server code works and how combat actually works in PSO. PSO's combat is done entirely client-sided. The server does nothing in regards to combat. The client reports what it hits, whether it got hit, whether it died and so on and so forth.

When the server deletes a character in Hardcore mode it is because the client has sent the packet that says "Yo, I fucked up and died." not because the server made a decision saying you died.

From what you describe to me, it sounds like his computer lagged or his controls stopped responding. However, his PSO client sent to the server "Yo, I fucked up and died" and the server was like "Welp, R.I.P."

That's exactly how it went down and no other way.

The fact that you saw him die twice also confirms that his client was sending and receiving packets that described his death. Server does not create these out of thin air.

Hi there,

So this, actually, doesn't happen, despite what ShitABrick told you. (Yes, I'm calling lies.)

I think we're all true, but I'm not lying at all. This is what happpened for me (so client side)

Was playing in crater interior with ducks and maybe someone else, with my last scape doll (pretty dumb ik) and also with pretty low level and low knowledge about FO strategies. Suddenly my controller got fucked up, and wasn't responding at all, so playing Hardcore, felt huge panic and disconneted/reconnected it while trying to move with my keyboard, but the game window totally disapeared when i had my controller back, with a popup about my controller. So i tought i was totally logged out since it crashed for me.

Then I tried to launch the game again, but the launcher would not open the game window.. I checked in task process list, and one psobb.exe task was already running !! I killed it immediatly and could finally launch the game again, and guess what happened when i logged back...

So, I was correct then.

The game kept running while you were trying to get your controller running, despite you not being able to see the game window.

You died while the process was running in the background, even if you couldn't see the game window.

And this is why from this day I'm always double checking that the psobb.exe task is really stopped, just an added caution.
Dying is part of the hardcore challenge and it's okay for me anyway. Each time a brick dies, another one will born.

Is EVP of DFP more important to max? Or does it depend on which has a higher max on your class?

def is the better stat to focus on
evp usually need to be very high to be effective enough to be used since it's an all or nothing stat, either you block or you take the damage
def mitigates damage all the time (if its def based damage)

you can ignore evp completely and be fine imo

iirc you're a ramarl or you aren't with evp, and even then...well, not too useful.

What is the longest I can take to complete a 100% kill , 0 death ttf on vhard and still get the max possible rank?

30 minutes iirc. All/least kills with 0 death in under 30 to get rank S...or SS, forgot

thxies, its been a while since Ive attempted a max rank ttf in vhard so i had completely forgotten hehe

New question....

Is there a guide to monster locations on this server? For instance, if I'm after a Lily that drops a God mind, where would I start hunting for them? Etc.

Thanks!

Just to add it's not complete, in particular it's missing information about many of the newer quests.

Ok :) my next question is...

If I go to a level that spawns a set of Poison Lily, if I pipe out and back in again, does this just put the same enemies back in or does it allow another chance for a rare version to turn up?

Ok :) my next question is...

If I go to a level that spawns a set of Poison Lily, if I pipe out and back in again, does this just put the same enemies back in or does it allow another chance for a rare version to turn up?
Same enemies appear. This isn't Gamecube offline mode.

I believe I heard from one of the GM/Admins that the rare enemies are set upon room creation. That would seriously suck though to die and pipe back for your rare to become normal.

My Question: Why is it that SoF is used rather than Demon J-Cutter? I thought the purpose of using a demon slicer was for AoE application. I know it can have hit but SoF only hits like 3 targets?

Last edited:
I believe I heard from one of the GM/Admins that the rare enemies are set upon room creation. That would seriously suck though to die and pipe back for your rare to become normal.

My Question: Why is it that SoF is used rather than Demon J-Cutter? I thought the purpose of using a demon slicer was for AoE application. I know it can have hit but SoF only hits like 3 targets?
It has a much longer range compared to regular slicers.

The range is more valuable than the fourth target, imo. Giving the odds of Demon working and generally not wanting to be close to enemies you want to Demon.

Back