Quick question - Quick answer

Someone told me that certain classes are better or worse at certain specials. Is this true? For example I heard RAcast isn't so great at Hell but is better than average with Arrest? Really? Is there a list of all of these class specific quirks?

PS: Looking at PSO world now and seeing this. But is this accurate? Sometimes that site is wrong for here.

Someone told me that certain classes are better or worse at certain specials. Is this true? For example I heard RAcast isn't so great at Hell but is better than average with Arrest? Really? Is there a list of all of these class specific quirks?

PS: Looking at PSO world now and seeing this. But is this accurate? Sometimes that site is wrong for here.
I don't recall everything, but (all?) cast, get arrest boost in ultimate, but get a poor demon's.
Stuff like that... there should be some other page with extensive information. Maybe there is already a topic around here?

Casts get +30% boost to Paralyse, Confuse, Freeze and EXP Steal specials (like a V50x unit), but get a 50% reduction to Demon's Damage. Ultimate only.

Devil's is the special that gets halved (from 50% to 25%). Demon's goes from 75% to 45%. Basically androids can only make use of Demon's on something like an S-Rank Mechgun that hits many times and only when attacking an enemy with lots of HP (and only if Demon's activates repeatedly). Most of the time androids have better options.

What's the chances we can damaged nulled during a pb freeze?

I just finished losing a 4th character in hardcore mode, during someone elses pb freeze. this happened while vol opt targeted me to stomp. The pb was started by someone else and vol opt just attacks me regardless.

This has happened to me with baranz, eclairs, zus. It sucks that not only am i fighting against the game to stay alive now i have to worry about when other people might pb. this is no longer fun. I feel like playing with others is to much of a gamble now. and if anyone decided to be a dick head. all you need is a well timed pb. and its gameover.

if pb dmg was null there are still plenty of ways to get your teammates killed
the trolling capacity in HC knows no bounds

if pb dmg was null there are still plenty of ways to get your teammates killed
the trolling capacity in HC knows no bounds

Now it makes sense why every person in HC mode plays alone. ZZZZzzZZZzzz

Does anyone have some damage numbers for hard-hits on Ultimate (Falz slap, Dorphon charge, etc.)? I'm 80+ on hardcore now and wanna make sure where I can and can't go.

Reactions: [D]
Hi, everyone!

So, PSO is my favorite game of all time despite the fact that, being in my mid-forties, I have played a LOT of games, haha. There's always been one mechanic that's really bothered me, though... and I'm wondering if it's fixable, code-wise? Or even if people think it should be fixed even if it's possible.

And that is the whole "once you take under a certain percentage of your hp in damage, then you don't get knocked down" thing. This would be fine if there was a short (2 seconds? Never timed it) invulnerability period like the one after you get back up after getting back up from being knocked down. But we've all been chain-hit to death before.

This bothers me because in RPGs I've always taken a liking to tank-like classes. I don't mind giving up damage in order to be durable. Problem is that in PSO, counter-intuitively, it becomes a detriment. To me that's a major design flaw and a bit of a bummer... not to mention it leads to a lot of cheap deaths. That and the "they all hit you at once after you swung your sword/used your attack PB" thing. So, my questions to all the obviously knowledgeable guys that reside here are...

1) Is it even possible to code in a short invincibility after being hit but not being knocked down, on par with the time period that elapses from standing back up after getting knocked down?

2) The whole, "even if you can, should you?" thing. I could see some purists saying that it would make the game too easy, or that it messes with a core mechanic or something like that. This would potentially eliminate some of the more famous cheap chain-deaths, like Falz's Rabarta, Gryphon Tramples, one player mode Olga Flow green orbs etc.

Thank you guys for your time! I love this server - it is SO professionally maintained on so many levels.

P.S. for the quest designers, would love to see more single player quests for episode 4, especially in the subterranean areas where we only currently have Restless Lion. If I knew how to design quests on my own then I would, because it sounds like a really fun and interesting thing to learn, but I'm old and dumb.

Does anyone have some damage numbers for hard-hits on Ultimate (Falz slap, Dorphon charge, etc.)? I'm 80+ on hardcore now and wanna make sure where I can and can't go.
Falz' slash does ~810-820 damage. I forget the exact number but it's in that range.

Falz' slash does ~810-820 damage. I forget the exact number but it's in that range.
Yep, 812 damage to be exact! 696 if playing single player mode.

P.S. Not sure about Dorphon charges, but it's those rare Dorphon Eclair charges that scare me. Instant death out of nowhere, You're like whaaaaaa I was at full hea... oh, it's an Eclair.

I don't know if anyone will have the answer to this because it's a pretty specific situation, but: What happens if you die on hardcore with a scape doll, and use alt-backspace to log out before the scape doll revives you?

-snippity-
On this specific subject, it's more an issue with BB than PSO itself. Offline mode (eg: One Person) is supposed to have respite even in Ultimate mode, but since BB is online only SEGA never bothered coding that change for single player like they should have.

The game should definitely not have invincibility periods for getting hit, btw. It would indeed make multiplayer games far too easy, hence why the respite only disappears in online Ultimate. If people had invincibility there would be hardly any reason for things like instantaneous Resta support. Lower difficulties have invincibility periods after getting hit. And while those deaths are pretty "cheap", there are ways to avoid them either by movement or bringing certain equipment. ;)

Thanks for the response, Matt!

Looking through this thread, the team here is an absolute gold mine of knowledge. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to ask in the future. :)

if you die its insta gone
not like scape on norm

Ok, so you'd log back on alive, without the scape doll? I was just worried about the server knowing you died but not that you resurrected, and deleting you for it.

if you die without a scape you are booted/deleted instantly i assume on the frame you died, server will use scape that instant if you have one
if you happen to dc when you die should be able to log back on fine if you had a scape

the only time i've seen the server be a problem with dying is someone's pc freezing/lagging or mega ping issues
on their screen it may be lagging and studdering but the server says they are being hit by monsters and they die even tho they cant move or even they're moving on their screen but the server says they're not and they die
R.I.P. ShitABrick

but i doubt you will encouter any problems so worry not c:

Last edited:
the only time i've seen the server be a problem with dying is someone's pc freezing/lagging or mega ping issues
on their screen it may be lagging and studdering but the server says they are being hit by monsters and they die even tho they cant move or even they're moving on their screen but the server says they're not and they die
The funny thing about this is that the server does not control combat at all. The server has no idea you're being hit by monsters. Only the client sends data about combat. Combat is not done server side whatsoever. So this, actually, doesn't happen, despite what ShitABrick told you. (Yes, I'm calling lies.)

ShitABrick had to have died on his or her screen 100%, because the CLIENT is the one who sends that they died. Again, server has NO IDEA what is going on in regards to combat.

i was in the one game with brick and he just stopped and sat there getting hit and died at least twice (or more i dun member)
maybe it was something messed up on his side but its def not something would have done willingly

Back