Quick question - Quick answer

For instance: If you were hunting Blu Torrs in forest. Contrary to popular belief Tyrells Ego is not best for this if you want cookies. You can kill about 1.5x as many spawns in the same amount of time doing a MAE: Ep 1 reset of the forest section and you also only really miss out on about 1 Bear spawn as well (more pds as well).

Depends on your priorities. 17 hilde in MAE:EP1 vs 52 in TE isn't even close. I am relentlessly hunting HP right now and it takes <9 minutes to complete a TE run on Anguish I with ~114 kills. Not having to clear rooms to progress helps and sure I've optimized my route. How fast can you complete MAE:EP1 just for Forest?

I do have an actual question for this thread too. In the day I liked to use a Marica mag on my HU purely for aesthetics. I can't recall if it was time wasted on Schthack's server or even Ultima, but a mechanic had changed and essentially forced my mag to display as if I had fed it even when I hadn't, which would revert it back to Kama. I don't want to raise a mag to learn that lesson again here on Ephinea -- can anyone say for sure whether mags operate as in classic PSOBB or if something has changed? Surely I'm not the only one with some weird mag preference.

Depends on your priorities. 17 hilde in MAE:EP1 vs 52 in TE isn't even close. I am relentlessly hunting HP right now and it takes <9 minutes to complete a TE run on Anguish I with ~114 kills. Not having to clear rooms to progress helps and sure I've optimized my route. How fast can you complete MAE:EP1 just for Forest?

I do have an actual question for this thread too. In the day I liked to use a Marica mag on my HU purely for aesthetics. I can't recall if it was time wasted on Schthack's server or even Ultima, but a mechanic had changed and essentially forced my mag to display as if I had fed it even when I hadn't, which would revert it back to Kama. I don't want to raise a mag to learn that lesson again here on Ephinea -- can anyone say for sure whether mags operate as in classic PSOBB or if something has changed? Surely I'm not the only one with some weird mag preference.
I usually play multiplayer.
If you are with an average party a TE forest takes about 15 minutes (of course you can skip last wave which cuts it down to about 6 minutes but its hard to convince/teach pubs matches to do this) Conversely MAE ep 1 takes about 5 minutes.
17*3=51
TE=52
Both are 15 minutes of gameplay using inefficient strats.
I was never quoting RTA/perfect strats. Simply an average. But using proper strats you could probably cut a MAE run down to about 3 minutes. In comparison to your 9 minute run the ratio is the exact same.
Like i said you can skip last wave and save you even more time but this kills much less spawns and the topic was about farming cookies.
The trade off is that the spawn patterns are better in MAE and theres less walking around. This means when you compare overall spawn amount you end up killing about 1.5x as many spawns in MAE then you do in TE, making it much better for Cookies, Eggs, PDs, Badges etc.

Last edited:
Is there a guide for how to connect controllers? I have a switch pro controller but can't get it to connect to the client. Thanks.

Is there a guide for how to connect controllers? I have a switch pro controller but can't get it to connect to the client. Thanks.
If I recall my controller lingo correctly, Switch controllers do not provide xinput which is required, while Xbox controllers do.

I use BetterJoyForCemu to connect my switch pro (https://github.com/Davidobot/BetterJoy), and it works great. Then I use Joy2Key to convert some inputs to keyboard so I can use 1-8.

I also play with a switch pro controller and the standard solution to make it work with a given software did the trick for me. And this standard method is : add your program to your Steam library and play through Steam, as it has a built-in adapter for Switch pro controller. It does not always work, but it did for PSOBB.

In the specific case of PSOBB, I think I added the Ephinea launcher and it was enough (not PSOBB in itself).
On the other hand, I can play only with the controller plugged through an USB cable, but maybe it is only me not putting in the effort to play through bluetooth.
As for the steam configuration, I simply have it convert the Switch inputs into XBox inputs (not keyboard, to keep the x-axis and y-axis)

As for having the keyboard shortcuts 1-8 available, I think I configured the game to play on keyboard mode and somehow it still accepts my controller inputs, if you wonder.

Add your game to steam and take advantage of the Steam Overlay to use the Pro Controller in PSOBB. It's so good

I also play with a switch pro controller and the standard solution to make it work with a given software did the trick for me. And this standard method is : add your program to your Steam library and play through Steam, as it has a built-in adapter for Switch pro controller. It does not always work, but it did for PSOBB.

In the specific case of PSOBB, I think I added the Ephinea launcher and it was enough (not PSOBB in itself).
On the other hand, I can play only with the controller plugged through an USB cable, but maybe it is only me not putting in the effort to play through bluetooth.
As for the steam configuration, I simply have it convert the Switch inputs into XBox inputs (not keyboard, to keep the x-axis and y-axis)

As for having the keyboard shortcuts 1-8 available, I think I configured the game to play on keyboard mode and somehow it still accepts my controller inputs, if you wonder.
I tried this and it worked perfectly, thank you!!! The only issue I'm having is that I can't get my character to run using the joystick, they'll only walk

Might be a dumb question, but how do I access the government quests for episode 2? Do I need to complete all of the government quests in episode 1 first for them to show up?

Last edited:
Might be a dumb question, but how do I access the government quests for episode 2? Do I need to complete all of the government quests in episode 1 first for them to show up?
No, you don't ned to do e1 1st. They are located in the lab, the character left of Natasha (the E2 boss lady) is where you access. Also needs to be multi.

Is there anywhere that lists common weapon drops? Every drop list I find only shows rare drops. If I want a higher tier common weapon, like a partisan for example, where can I find out where to get it? I'm in the level 20s now and I'm still using the same green weapon I've been using for days and days. I just can't find any upgrades, and I don't want to use a different weapon type.
I think this is what you were looking for:

The first table shows you the bonuses different SecID's get for finding specific types of weapon. For example, if you want to find Partisans you can see that the best ID for finding them is Bluefull, and the worst is Purplenum.

There's also other information on that page you might find useful.

Last edited:
Can I ask how to assign items to the 1-9 buttons im struggling over here. First day playing
JC made and posted a pretty good video for this on Discord.

In case you can't view that...
F12/HOME key to bring up the menu.
Customize.
Press A (controller)/accept/enter key on any of the front 3 palette actions. This will give you a menu to select which item to place.
Press the number keys over the item and you'll see the number appear to the lower right of the item/action.
Close the customize menu.

Note that there are *two* separate sets of number keys for the hotbar. So if you want the same items bound on the back hotbar (while holding CTRL on your keyboard), then go back into the Customize menu, select the alternate palette in the Action Menu, and then all assignments in the Action List will go to the alternate.

Couple of questions -

Does Barta work like Megid for chance to freeze (technique level and resistance)? didn't see anything about it on Ephinea Techniques page.

Also, I'm looking at new gear for my Fonewm, I had a couple questions, specifically this line:
Why Bringer's Rifle and Demon's Raygun? Same thing for Holy Ray and Arrest Raygun. Seems like you'd need one or the other.

And I'm not very familiar with the ES Cards. Are those just for really specific situations? I assume I'd want the Raygun items before the Cards?

Thanks

Couple of questions -

Does Barta work like Megid for chance to freeze (technique level and resistance)? didn't see anything about it on Ephinea Techniques page.

Also, I'm looking at new gear for my Fonewm, I had a couple questions, specifically this line:
Why Bringer's Rifle and Demon's Raygun? Same thing for Holy Ray and Arrest Raygun. Seems like you'd need one or the other.

And I'm not very familiar with the ES Cards. Are those just for really specific situations? I assume I'd want the Raygun items before the Cards?

Thanks

I do not think Barta freezes, only Gibarta/Rabarta.

Correct, you do not need both Bringers & Demons Raygun / Holy Ray & Arrest Raygun. It is as you say one or the other. Holy Ray can be used for things other than Arrest though like with high dark% shooting darvants. I tend to use Arrest Raygun/Demons Raygun until I have the ATA/MST for the other weapons or if my raygun is way more hit/ATA.

The cards can be glitched SN (same as a raygun) and also shotgunning for 3 shots (basically doing NN before/as enemy spawns and hitting the 3 cards of the last attack with S as enemy spawns). You can get rayguns cheaply compared to ES so you should have rayguns 1st first yes.

Example of Cards shotgunning:

Last edited:
Thank you, and wow, really took that that Epsilon fast, I see how that could be useful.

I do not think Barta freezes, only Gibarta/Rabarta.

Oh, forgot about that. Guess I meant the 'Barta' spells in general but that is confusing since Barta itself doesn't freeze, lol.

ONe quick question. Is it possible to trade 1 photon hoard for a photon sphere? or is it necesary to wear exactlly 99 pds.

In case it cannot be traded I suggest and update for that so we can sphere weapons easily . thanks in advance

ONe quick question. Is it possible to trade 1 photon hoard for a photon sphere? or is it necesary to wear exactlly 99 pds.

In case it cannot be traded I suggest and update for that so we can sphere weapons easily . thanks in advance
Have to turn the Hoard into a stack of pds first at the soldier then go buy PS with those pds. Thankfully both are in Gallons but still takes a while. It would be awesome to just go in with multiple hoards and buy multiple PS.

Oh, forgot about that. Guess I meant the 'Barta' spells in general but that is confusing since Barta itself doesn't freeze, lol.
I can't find any specific answers to this either, not sure how the calculation works but it's probably tied to EIC somehow.

I think the wiki on mags is pretty clear but just to be sure... is synchro for mags without the "+" or "-" triggers pretty unimportant? For example, my Tellusis having 0 synchro will only affect damage done by certain PBs? I've been keeping mine at 120 would be nice if I didn't have to though

one other question, how much is the damage boost from weapon attribute percentages (native, beast, etc.) and berserk? I was just sorta curious if a spread needle's strong attack with, say, 100% native would do as much as a berserk ES needle's special on a native type enemy?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back