Quick question - Quick answer

Does anyone still have the RAcast footstep replacement file? I went to the original post where it was, but looks like it isn't available anymore. Thanks.
EDIT: not the meme files. I mean the normal footstep sound lol.

Last edited:
Now i went into Normal mode and all the Side story quests barring Central Dome Fire Swirl are grayed out. What do i need to do to ungray them?

So, you only have one action, obviously.

Complete CDFS, since it’s the only one not gray.

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I clicked on that, and it gives me error 404 not found. So I was curious if anyone else had the file available?

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I clicked on that, and it gives me error 404 not found. So I was curious if anyone else had the file available?

Just replace this in your data folder - will sound like all the other classes instead of clonk.

Attachments

• common.pac
    8.1 MB · Views: 9
I really appreciate it man, I saw the pac manager thing and was about to go try to do that lol. Racast was driving me crazy lol.

anyone have a suggestion for the best quest to unseal limiter or lame?
Cals clock challenge ep2 is free and fast.
Beyond the horizon ep4 costs 10k meseta per run and is probably faster.
Gov 3-1 ep1 is slow, but actually has good drops with s-parts and ephinea mags.

Someone else might be able to chime in with how far to play the first 2 before resetting.

Cals clock challenge ep2 is free and fast.
Beyond the horizon ep4 costs 10k meseta per run and is probably faster.
Gov 3-1 ep1 is slow, but actually has good drops with s-parts and ephinea mags.

Someone else might be able to chime in with how far to play the first 2 before resetting.
Thank you for the info!

On the wiki weapons are listed with a number range for their ATP, like Excalibur being 900-950.
I know armor and shields have variable stats when they drop, but as far as I can tell weapons stats are fixed, not counting ATA from Hit%
So what does the range indicate, and how/why is it listed on the wiki but not in game?

On the wiki weapons are listed with a number range for their ATP, like Excalibur being 900-950.
I know armor and shields have variable stats when they drop, but as far as I can tell weapons stats are fixed, not counting ATA from Hit%
So what does the range indicate, and how/why is it listed on the wiki but not in game?
When they attack, the ATP used in the damage calculations is the minimum ATP and random amount of variable ATP. More information here: https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/Game_mechanics#Physical_damage

The weapon stats are defined in the ItemPMT which exists in the game data for other versions of PSO and on the server for PSOBB. It's sent to clients during connection so the original ones were obtained (and then updated, modified, fixed, etc for the past 15+ years). That's how the wiki has the data. Note that some weapons have specific stats and bonuses that were entirely hardcoded into the game and those were determined through testing or analyzing the client.

Now why does the game only show the maximum ATP for a weapon? You'd have to ask Sega. Probably space constraints (for the range) and it would be a little less confusing than showing the minimum ATP.

Hi! So I’ve been playing solo, my Ramar is lvl 20. Currently his section ID is Purplenum, but I’m kinda feeling the Rifle weapons, was thinking about switching to Greenill to increase odds of those. I thought I’d read you could do that like once every 90 days, but then I saw somewhere else say it’s one time only? I just want to make sure, if it’s one time EVER then I might just avoid using it at all.

Oh, and I guess I’ll ask too, which you would recommend for a HUcast, RAmar, and FOnewm and newearl, all played solo? Mine are currently Reddit, Purplenum, Yellowboze, and Whitill right now, it thinking about re-rolling them while they’re still lower level, if it is indeed one time ever.

Hi! So I’ve been playing solo, my Ramar is lvl 20. Currently his section ID is Purplenum, but I’m kinda feeling the Rifle weapons, was thinking about switching to Greenill to increase odds of those. I thought I’d read you could do that like once every 90 days, but then I saw somewhere else say it’s one time only? I just want to make sure, if it’s one time EVER then I might just avoid using it at all.

Oh, and I guess I’ll ask too, which you would recommend for a HUcast, RAmar, and FOnewm and newearl, all played solo? Mine are currently Reddit, Purplenum, Yellowboze, and Whitill right now, it thinking about re-rolling them while they’re still lower level, if it is indeed one time ever.
We kiiiinda got rid of the once every 3 months thing.... it's now ONCE Before you turn.......20.......soooo you're kinda Stuck as a Purp. Still good stuff on Purple tho.... lol.

Hah, fair enough then! Not the end of the world, not like it took SO long to hit 20, if I decide to change it.

Guess I’ll ask another question since I’m here: what are the actual difference ls between FOmar and FOnewm? I’ve never really played a Force seriously, I’ve always heard FOnewms are amazing, but I always thought the FOmar looked cooler. But I guess different classes have “hidden bonuses” to certain techs? Kinda curious how big a difference we’re talking, if they’re gonna play virtually the same of us there’s a huge difference in power or how easy they are. I know Newmans regen TP automatically (but only if you’re standing still, right?).

Hah, fair enough then! Not the end of the world, not like it took SO long to hit 20, if I decide to change it.

Guess I’ll ask another question since I’m here: what are the actual difference ls between FOmar and FOnewm? I’ve never really played a Force seriously, I’ve always heard FOnewms are amazing, but I always thought the FOmar looked cooler. But I guess different classes have “hidden bonuses” to certain techs? Kinda curious how big a difference we’re talking, if they’re gonna play virtually the same of us there’s a huge difference in power or how easy they are. I know Newmans regen TP automatically (but only if you’re standing still, right?).
Fonewm gets tech boosts to RA and GI techs. they can also wear the mother garb armor that reduces tp by 50%. Hey you can find this info and even more here https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/Main_Page

Hey, sorry another question; is it possible to delete things under Symbol chat? No biggie, I just tend to open it up when I’m trying to run around enemies, and thought I would see better just having blank listings.

Oh also, I’m kinda OCD, is there any way when you pay for the dressing room, to be able to reset your appearance like *exactly* to the default values (proportion specifically)? Just curious, I tend to avoid playing around with those values so I don’t look goofy, but thought I might play around with it is I knew I could “reset” my body to default if I didn’t like it.

Hey, sorry another question; is it possible to delete things under Symbol chat? No biggie, I just tend to open it up when I’m trying to run around enemies, and thought I would see better just having blank listings.

Oh also, I’m kinda OCD, is there any way when you pay for the dressing room, to be able to reset your appearance like *exactly* to the default values (proportion specifically)? Just curious, I tend to avoid playing around with those values so I don’t look goofy, but thought I might play around with it is I knew I could “reset” my body to default if I didn’t like it.

The symbol chat if you go into the symbol chat menu (F7 or Main menu>Chat>Symbol Chat) you can select each symbol by pressing enter and then Parts Edit > Delete all. This will place it as ''Not in Use'' and free up the space of that symbol.

There is no ''100% reset button'' but as long as you are in a team with the dressing room unlocked you can manually change it however you like.

Last edited:
I did not find a way in game to do either of those things. might be able to do it from the game folder but i dont know

1) RAmar or RAmarl? Or stay with my RAcast?

I made a RAcast and only LV19 so far on Ephinea server. I am considering to switch to a RAmar for the high base accuracy and I see he has a bit more Max HP than RAmarl.

Is there a good reason why a player would choose RAmar over RAmarl?

Everyone always says RAmarl can cast Jellen/Zalure but I am not really a fan of constantly casting buffs and debuffs. The time spent doing that feels very tedious which is why I went with a RAcast in the first place but having longer sustain as RAmar by being able to use Resta is nice.

2) Recommended Section ID for a Ranger for drops?

Back