Quick question - Quick answer

Two questions if someone can enlighten me: 1) Demon's special isn't boosted by either V501/V502, correct? 2) Approximately what should a 0'd Heaven Striker go for around here? I see the banner for these all the time, but it may be distorted due to HBR, popularity, or something else.

1.) Correct
2.) 1pd

I thought i knew what i meant to do as melee, but i seem to be struggling as i keep getting hit mid combo. What is some tips for doing melee? I am trying to do normal then hard attack. But the knock back from the hard dont seem to be enough and i get hit. Am i doing something wrong?

I thought i knew what i meant to do as melee, but i seem to be struggling as i keep getting hit mid combo. What is some tips for doing melee? I am trying to do normal then hard attack. But the knock back from the hard dont seem to be enough and i get hit. Am i doing something wrong?

What class/weapon are you using and which enemy/difficulty + Battle speed?

Probably a FOnewearl using a Vivienne with max attack speed. But whether that is the case or not, I recommend one of the following:
1. Spam Rabarta and freeze an enemy then attack it.
2. Attack an enemy from the side or behind and it won't be able to hit you as quickly.
3. Attack slow attacking enemies like Lizards/Yowies and they should just get hit.
4. Play with an android that freeze traps everything.
5. If there's a particularly nasty enemy you just can't seem to attack with any of the above, try using a weapon with Demon's, Blizzard, Arrest, or Hell (depends on the enemy) and at least use that to be able to do something useful against that enemy anyways. If you don't know where to start, I'd say Bringer's Rifle is a good choice as if you get one with 50h it has a ton of ATA and should be able to hit most enemies.

-Don't forget to change the timing, if your getting hit often you can change the speed of how you attack to stagger the enemy at different times.

-Also don't forget about your quick menu, after finishing a combo (of however many attacks) to raise the quick menu so that your character can move faster (instead of slow walk) to move away faster. You don't always need to do a full combo as sometimes the extra attack can get you hit.

Last edited:
Specifically, if you are using NH then getting hit, make sure the enemy is getting staggered by the H hit. If not, you can slow down your combo by waiting a moment before inputting the H, which lets the enemy reset itself so you can stagger it again, giving you time to finish your combo. I have to do this with partisans, and sometimes with Vivienne.

It highly depends on the enemy and the weapon you're using, and there's some differences between male/female animations that can potentially matter.
HUcaseal doesn't step forward with a sword-type weapon on the third attack, meaning she can sometimes use a full combo. Otherwise NH is completely safe against most grunts with both partisans and swords (the former is faster mid combo, the latter however has faster startup which can help you catching Gorans, and both have slightly different ranges, experiment what you prefer really).

The most important aspect in basic terms is enemy stagger. Boomas/Bootas have different stagger times than Sharks/Dimenians (which are longer), so for the latter you have to delay your second attack.
Basically, NH, walk backwards (don't need to menu usually, at least not if they're in front), let them swipe the air, and perform your combo again. If done right they shouldn't touch you at all if your ATA is high enough.
It takes some trial and error, but once you become aware of enemy behaviour like that much of the game becomes easier to control.

Probably already asked, but what is the fastest way to earn money?
Fastest way is to play MA4a on ultimate with a FOnewn with no items but a frame and v801. Just scare the first 12 rappies, pick up the meseta and armor they drop by carefully going in a circle around the next enemies, and then remake. Very fast and gets a lot of shields and meseta quickly. Can also give a decent amount of materials and PDs as well, much more PDs if you're on A10.

And if you're not confident in doing this, then get closer to the rappy in the corner of the group so you don't scare that one, but scare the other 11 and pick up the stuff they drop while you only have to avoid 1 slow moving rappy.

Play on a Maguwa ID to also get decent teampoints as each Maguwa has a pretty good drop rate considering the A10 boost and it's worth 10 team points. They can add up if you do it long enough.

Other than trading is there any particular place I should go to hunt tech disks? Trying to improve my JZSD so I can buff bot more effectively.

There's no specific locations for tech disks, you're best looking at the technique drop table on the wiki and just playing somewhere the level you're looking for drops.

Other than trading is there any particular place I should go to hunt tech disks? Trying to improve my JZSD so I can buff bot more effectively.
I find I get the most level 30s the easiest in seabed/tower. You could try there, but really no guarantees and you mostly just pick them up incidentally when going for other things.

I wanted to check out some side story quests but the list is awfull empty got like 4/5 quests in it. Is here a reason for it or am i missing something.

I wanted to check out some side story quests but the list is awfull empty got like 4/5 quests in it. Is here a reason for it or am i missing something.

The quests unlock as you complete them, so more will show up.

The side story quests have a few things you can do, the main one is unsealing enemy parts into weapons. You can also do this like collect soul eater, some akikos stuff, turn agito 1975 into orotiagito. And probably another thing or 2. This can all be played in any difficulty.

Also fake in yellow is the best quest for e1 rappies which is in story.

When you do the quest to collect Elenor from caves and you have to put the code in YN-1107 or w/e you'll notice that's the name ephinea used for the mag cell.

There is a bunch of lore to be found but if that's not your thing and you just wanna smash things then I wouldn't play them. They are snore imo.

I normally just unlock enemy parts on normal and FIY on ult.

The side story quests have a few things you can do, the main one is unsealing enemy parts into weapons. You can also do this like collect soul eater, some akikos stuff, turn agito 1975 into orotiagito. And probably another thing or 2. This can all be played in any difficulty.

When you do the quest to collect Elenor from caves and you have to put the code in YN-1107 or w/e you'll notice that's the name ephinea used for the mag cell.

There is a bunch of lore to be found but if that's not your thing and you just wanna smash things then I wouldn't play them. They are snore imo.

Thanks!

That feeling when you made the mistake of accidentally completing FIY so you're now forced to do the rest of them to regain access to it

What quests have NPCs helping you? The only one I know is Ep4 Warrior's Pride, are there more?
A lot.
Unsealed Door
Seat of the Heart (although you could argue the NPC is hurting you)
The Retired Hunter
Battle Training
The one with the description of Rescue Ult.
The Elenor-related ones, including the story one in the starting 3 of side story ep1 about mags.
A New Hope
A bunch more of the side story in ep1 quests, but I don't remember them all off the top of my head.

Just one small thing, it the side quests are unique to each character AND difficulty. So if you clear them on normal, then switch to hard. You have to clear them all again :3

Back