Quick question - Quick answer

Does anyone use the deep groaning monsters sound pack for ultimate enemies from the gamecube version of PSO? That would be an interesting SFX pack to use.

Last edited:
is magicrock heart key available during christmas event?, or is it just easter & anniversary events?

thanks! ^^

wait and see . indeterminate .

I bet since they are moving towards currency production and away from uber generation that mrhk will be available this xmas.

Due to the lack of response I'm guessing a new updated monster count thread/resource may be in order?

Is 4C still the best quest for Eclair farming?

Like some say, MA4C in Crater still applies, but you can also run MAE Crater (Anniversary Event Exclusive Quest) or MAE4 in Crater for quicker runs since there are way more monsters that are in the way and time wasted when running MA4C.

I haven't tried Christmas Fiasco in awhile, but it might be the quest for you.

I've been playing this game for roughly 20 years (since DC). So can somebody please tell me...

WTF IS A PHOTON HOARD? (Horde? Whored?)

Is it what we have traditionally (for roughly the last two decades) referred to as "a stack" (I.E. 99 PD)? Or is it something else?

Last edited:
I've been playing this game for roughly 20 years (since DC). So can somebody please tell me...

WTF IS A PHOTON HOARD? (Hored? Whored?)

Is it what we have traditionally (for roughly the last two decades) referred to as "a stack" (I.E. 99 PD)? Or is it something else?
It's a custom item made from 99PDs. Its purpose is to simplify trades where hundreds of PDs are involved, this way you can safely perform one transaction of some uber with no risk. They can be converted back to 99 PDs each the same way they were made.

It was added in this update: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/maintenance-complete-for-june-16th-2019.14746/

A little conflicted on what my main should be. I love forces since the original PSO on DC. I keep going back and forth between FOmar as FOnewm. I don’t have a lot of time to play so I’ll probably be able to gear up one class for a long time.

I like the flexibility of FOmar but I'm a little wary with the lowest ATA in game (especially when I get to ultimate). I normally play solo (short bursts of gameplay) so the S/D range boosts don’t really factor in for me most the time. I love the idea of a battle mage though (mixing melee and techs).

FOnewm sounds less flexible, but have more focus on techs. They may have more ATA and MST but it’s ATP is lacking in comparison to FOmar. However, being able to clear a room with a couple techs is appealing. Their class bonuses sound more suited to solo play.

I guess my question is if you had to choose between FOmar and FOnewm to get to solo endgame, which would you choose?

for solo fonewm is unquestionably superior. like no contest whatsoever for the vast majority of the game’s content. his tech boosts make him a solo god and if you’re only doing one player mode he actually has tons of atp/ata to melee the things he needs to.

for multimode fonewm is probably also still better but the gap is way narrower.

for solo fonewm is unquestionably superior. like no contest whatsoever for the vast majority of the game’s content. his tech boosts make him a solo god and if you’re only doing one player mode he actually has tons of atp/ata to melee the things he needs to.

for multimode fonewm is probably also still better but the gap is way narrower.

Thank you, the cleared it up for me. I was leaning towards FOnewm but wanted to make sure before I started leveling up.

i’m sorry wil but i think this is a pretty misleading representation of the two classes. fonewm has access to excal and does not struggle to solo bosses, and his ra boosts and mst means he will get to them much faster than fomar. outside of maybe tower there aren’t really any solo mode situations where fomar can compete with fonewm.

fomar shines when he can use his atp and frankly they both have enough atp to obliterate solo mode enemies when required. so he is broadly speaking much more suited to multi play than fonewm, at least outside of ep4. (they both have strengths in multimode but fomar doesn’t really have any strengths in solo mode)

also glide divine does not boost shifta/deband but striker of chao does. and no force will ever be able to kill bosses with a fraction of the speed of huct or hunl.

Last edited:
Question about the Mag section on the PSO

http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Mags

I know what the triggers are and what they do, but I’m not sure what the ”(+)” and ”(-)” are next to the trigger icons. Example Madhu’s triggers have Invincible (-) and S&D (+) and Andhaka has Invincible (+) and S&D (-).

I’m guessing it’s a bonus or penalty to the trigger rate, but I don’t see any documentation about it. Any insight?

a mag’s Sync can either boost or reduce those trigger rates on certain mags. max sync can add (iirc) 30% (!) to those rates and i believe 0 sync likewise reduces by 30%.

It makes a huge difference on mags like nidra and agastya for bosses. it has relatively little impact elsewhere since the best triggers (invincibility @ 1/10th hp) are unavailable with sync boost.

It's been a minute since I've played, can anyone explain why Sranks are so expensive? I don't remember hell and demon sranks being 80pds :/

Back