Quick question - Quick answer

how long are darvant cycles?

How many frames slower are LS/MR than normal handgun animations?

If I remember correctly, the bird handguns have handgun cool down time, so I think it's safe to say that it's as fast as shooting a simple handgun minus the extra time wasted in shooting extra bullet with handgun animation. As for the Darvants swapping timer, I think it's a simple fix to just watch anybody doing it in a video to count the time. Let me give you my estimate since I just took a few moments: 13-15 seconds.

Last edited:
They are slower than handguns i just don't know by exactly how much.

Well, I guess this will have to wait for someone who wants to count frames that will satisfy your curiosity.

How many frames slower are LS/MR than normal handgun animations?

As for how you came to the idea that premise is rather strange to me, but counting frames is not my area of interest since I don't have the means to measure that at the moment. At least I hinted at counting in seconds for you elsewhere in another question that was related.

what's the best quest for unsealing Lame ?

If you want to pay for an easy ride, you can run this episode 4 quest, Beyond the Horizon (BtH), or you can be cheap like me and run Maximum Attack S in Episode 4 (MAS4). If you run it in offline (solo) mode, you'll get the same experience points (EXP) as in online mode. I just started today, and I'm over half way there in a few hours. If you really don't care about the extra EXP though, you can run Maximum Attack S in Episode 1 (MAS1) too.

PS: You don't need to complete any of these quests, but doing the first two areas from BtH or MAS4 aren't that long. Most players reset in the first room in MAS4 after killing all of the monsters except for the last wave with a Girtablulu due to it requiring too much effort without a demons weapon, especially since unsealing Lame d'Argent as a HUnewearl is not that great since I can't use a Rika's Claw to kill the monsters faster with Gifoie from it's slight 20% buff to Gi techs while changing weapons to kill that big monster with a decent demon's weapon. As for MAS1, it's a relatively fast run with a force or ranger with access to good hell weapons like a Hell ES Shot or Hell ES Needle with a V502 equipped running through the Cave 3 portion of the quest.

Last edited:
I recently found my way back to PSO again (as happens every year or 2).
My Addons are probably outdated and i would like to update everything, but i dont want to ruin
my overlay layout. Is the layout saved somewhere, where i can just copy and paste it into a fresh
addon folder?

Question about the Mag section on the PSO

http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Mags

I know what the triggers are and what they do, but I’m not sure what the ”(+)” and ”(-)” are next to the trigger icons. Example Madhu’s triggers have Invincible (-) and S&D (+) and Andhaka has Invincible (+) and S&D (-).

I’m guessing it’s a bonus or penalty to the trigger rate, but I don’t see any documentation about it. Any insight?
Without (+) and (-) it is base%. It is the number of Trigger Rate on that page. Let's call it (B) instead.

(+) is base% + synchro bonus%. Let's call it (B+S) instead.

(-) is synchro bonus% only. Let's call it (S) instead.

And synchro bonus:
Synchro Activation
00%-30% +00
31%-60% +15
61%-80% +25
81%-100% +30
101%-120% +35

Example:

Sato for boss room is (B), so it will have 50% chance to trigger invincibility for a boss room.

Nidra for boss room is (B+S), so it will have 50% + 35% (if it has 101%-120% synchro) = 85% chance to trigger invincibility for a boss room.

Sato for PB100 is (S), so it will have 35% chance at most to trigger invincibility for PB100.

Last edited:
Anyone got like a calculator that tells how much light res do you need to not get knocked down by falz grants depending on your max hp

also how much hp is the threshold for not getting multi-hit by sham tornado :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone got like a calculator that tells how much light res do you need to not get knocked down by falz grants depending on your max hp

also how much hp is the threshold for not getting multi-hit by sham tornado :rolleyes:
Also interested in this question

General pointers on collecting (non rare) hit weapons:
Which do I stash/keep or throw back to the ground (no floor reader) after checking.
What specials do people want?

Is anything below 50 hit (40 untekked) generally garbage i can leave or could a 35hit hell something already be of pd value?

I'm not using weapons myself so sorry for the dumb and general question xD

General pointers on collecting (non rare) hit weapons:
Which do I stash/keep or throw back to the ground (no floor reader) after checking.
What specials do people want?

Is anything below 50 hit (40 untekked) generally garbage i can leave or could a 35hit hell something already be of pd value?

I'm not using weapons myself so sorry for the dumb and general question xD
Honestly just download the reader it would be a waste of time to pick up every untekked weapon or walk over every green box to be sure it's not a 30 tech

If the installation guide on the first page is intimidating I'll link a post in the thread with a guide I found much more simple
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/page-44#post-134927

But to answer your question you want any calibur with 55+hit or a vulcan, arms, slicer, or raygun with a sacrificial (berserk charge spirit) special or Hell

Due to the scavengers presence every event anything below 50hit is useless so a 35h hell raygun wouldn't be worth a pd like on SCHT

I do have a link in my calculator and stats reference that may help, but I think it's outdated to oblivion on the technique damage calculator part. If you have a calculator, you can estimate how much HP you lose from a Grants attack here. For example, here's an indirect answer to your question about Dark Falz casting Grants against you with some set HP in case calculating it with a formula doesn't help so much. So to fall down or get knocked down, you need to lose 20% or more of you total HP, or max HP. Given that Dark Falz takes away 611 HP with 0 ELT, increase ELT to lose less HP until you can not fall down anymore.

As for the tornado attack, you can just move over to the right side of the first cave where it always scrams into and avoid the attack completely, but to answer the question, think of the 20% or more HP lost rule for total HP until somebody posts the amount of damage that's set. If you can stand up to it, then get a moon pal or scape doll.

PS: Here's a later quote about how much damage Shambertin's tornado attack takes in this user's opinion.

Shambertin's tornado makes 480 damage, so if the char has 1920 or more HP he/she will be instant killed. The number could be wrong, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
what to do with extra useless rares weaps ? should I just give them away ? I banked a lot without any reason

the extra useless w e a p o n s 0pd (everybody has 20 in stash) can be turned into teampoints afaik, and i saw sb sell teampoints too (assuming thats a horde of it?).

Then theres always the occasional "new player" rooms you could jump in and ask if they like free stuff or wanna play it for themselves.

Hope I said nothing wrong, got back into this after 10+ years just recently / newb

Last edited:

I checked various sites. Falz's Grants makes 611 damage (for 0 ELT). The final damage should be 611 x (100% - ELT%). And the char will knocked down if he/she lose 25% HP for one hit. You can calculate yourself.

Shambertin's tornado makes 480 damage, so if the char has 1920 or more HP he/she will be instant killed. The number could be wrong, I'm not sure.

Back