Quick question - Quick answer

Smartlink negates the distance penalty to accuracy for hunters/forces. Rangers have it built it already. Essential gear for ever FO/HU after capping your ATA. If your ATA is low using the H/arms should take priority.
Thanks! That's very informative.

What would be considered the best s rank needle special to go for first on my Ramarl? I'm thinking Demons, but I know hell is really good too, don't have a v502 yet though.

What would be considered the best s rank needle special to go for first on my Ramarl? I'm thinking Demons, but I know hell is really good too, don't have a v502 yet though.

I get by without a Demons Needle. I have Demons Mechs instead, which I got because of their use across multiple classes - they're perfect for Girta/Epsi/Dorphon/etc. That said, Demons Needle has plenty of uses and is a core item for RAmar/l.

Hell Needle is pretty irreplaceable on all rangers, and it is broken in Ep 2, although it really shines with the V502 (V501 fine as a cheapie temporary alternative).

I will also give a shout-out to Blizzard Needle, which is cheaper than other S-rank specials and combos great with Baranz if you're not always playing with casts that FT well.

Really you can't go wrong with any of them, and they're all "necessary" for RAmarl. In my opinion the Hell Needle is the most impactful and there is not really a good substitute for it, so that's what I went with.

Demon's Needle is useful in every Episode if your RAmarl (or party) doesn't have enough ATP to clear things easily in Ultimate difficulty parties such as large groups of grunts and waves where there are high HP/DFP enemies.

Cheers guys, seems like demons and hell would both be good options depending on the content I’m doing then.

I would say Demons Needle is not useful as an endgame item, though. Hell is good always(...when applicable) And why no mention of Arrest?

As a miser that keeps me from spending PDs on Demons outside of Mechs.

What is an efficient way to level up a new character?
Any particular quests to grind? I mostly play solo at the moment.

How about for getting some meseta early on? Consumables for my MAG get pricy for my new butt.

Last edited:

How about for getting some meseta early on? Consumables for my MAG get pricy for my new butt.

For levelling the fastest way is to get someone to boost you in MAS in episode 4(it’s a quest) but there’s no drops there. For solo play I’d just do some quests and go to the highest xp areas you can handle, for meseta just loot everything and go to the shops and sell each time your bag fills up.

Reactions: Ai

run towards the future on the highest difficulty setting available to you, reset after killing the dragon and looting the boxes

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/pw3-box-run-guide-for-new-players-veterans.7117/

you could also do endless nightmare 4 box runs on your force, quit after you loot the boxes behind the waterfall (when you hit the huge room, go straight then hang a right until it seems like you're leaving the stage)

Just wondering is a 20 hit excal worth using on my Hucast or would I better off with one that has % in two damage areas? With red ring and Proof of sword saint the hit one would give me 321 ata versus 301 on the none hit

Just wondering is a 20 hit excal worth using on my Hucast or would I better off with one that has % in two damage areas? With red ring and Proof of sword saint the hit one would give me 321 ata versus 301 on the none hit

HUcast I would generally say use Hit > % Area since his ATP is already ludicrously high among excal being OP. Especially for most of it's uses. Eventually, you will want to upgrade to having higher hit and % area sphered and this is :rolleyes:.

HUcast I would generally say use Hit > % Area since his ATP is already ludicrously high among excal being OP. Especially for most of it's uses. Eventually, you will want to upgrade to having higher hit and % area sphered and this is :rolleyes:.

Cool thanks Spuz, it's 0'd in the other areas so wasn't sure if I'd be missing too much damage. Not rich enough to sphere yet but maybe one day ;).

run towards the future on the highest difficulty setting available to you, reset after killing the dragon and looting the boxes

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/pw3-box-run-guide-for-new-players-veterans.7117/

you could also do endless nightmare 4 box runs on your force, quit after you loot the boxes behind the waterfall (when you hit the huge room, go straight then hang a right until it seems like you're leaving the stage)
There's actually a better way to get the boxes behind the waterfall. You can reach the boxes from the 2nd room with Claws using Rafoie. Check out this video - it's a dope trick that really speeds up box runs.

is there a list for the items that were added in xmas event 2018?

The new zerk knuckles and all class spirits word, and what else?

Edit: Answered. Thanks

Last edited:
I messed up my addons today and had to redownload all of them. I got the newest version. The font is TINY. I can't figure out how to adjust the size. Can anyone help?

I messed up my addons today and had to redownload all of them. I got the newest version. The font is TINY. I can't figure out how to adjust the size. Can anyone help?
If you updated all addons (including the theme editor), there should be a global font scale in the theme editor.

If you updated all addons (including the theme editor), there should be a global font scale in the theme editor.

Yeah. I cranked it all the way up and nothing happened? Did I do something wrong? I hit "save" so idk...

Back