Quick question - Quick answer

There are three ways:

• Get a BBA or a modem (+ DreamPi) for your GameCube. You'll need a keytroller or a PS/2 adapter to type.
  • Get an original Wii, install HBC and Devolution, verify your disc, and connect a USB keyboard to type.
  • Install Dolphin and the OpenVPN TAP adapter, then configure Dolphin's keyboard emulation.

Dolphin is great for getting HD PSO with the original Episode II graphics (and none of the font shrinking problems that BB has), but it's problematic on Windows 10, due to the updates breaking the TAP. Wii is pretty popular now, as it gives you a cheap way to get 480p with Wii component or Wii2HDMI, and it's easy to apply patches to your ISO. A GameCube setup is not very pratical unless you already have the equipment, as the BBA alone will cost you as much as a complete Wii setup for worse results (no 480p depending on your GC model, no ISO patches without a Xeno modchip, no server-side patching support if you use Plus).

There are three ways:

• Get a BBA or a modem (+ DreamPi) for your GameCube. You'll need a keytroller or a PS/2 adapter to type.
  • Get an original Wii, install HBC and Devolution, verify your disc, and connect a USB keyboard to type.
  • Install Dolphin and the OpenVPN TAP adapter, then configure Dolphin's keyboard emulation.

Dolphin is great for getting HD PSO with the original Episode II graphics (and none of the font shrinking problems that BB has), but it's problematic on Windows 10, due to the updates breaking the TAP. Wii is pretty popular now, as it gives you a cheap way to get 480p with Wii component or Wii2HDMI, and it's easy to apply patches to your ISO. A GameCube setup is not very pratical unless you already have the equipment, as the BBA alone will cost you as much as a complete Wii setup for worse results (no 480p depending on your GC model, no ISO patches without a Xeno modchip, no server-side patching support if you use Plus).

So, I just have a Gamecube and a copy of PSO, I take it there is no way to do it that way? Also, could you care to explain the ways to do it, in a manner an imbecile such as myself can understand? I'm kind of stupid. I also don't know what ISO means, or what Dolphin is.

when someone gives the stats for a shield like [6/7 | 0/5], what does that mean?
first is variable DFP, second is variable EVP
the shield has 6 out of 7 possible DFP and 0 out of 5 possible EVP

So, I just have a Gamecube and a copy of PSO, I take it there is no way to do it that way? Also, could you care to explain the ways to do it, in a manner an imbecile such as myself can understand? I'm kind of stupid. I also don't know what ISO means, or what Dolphin is.
Dolphin is a gamecube emulator, ISO in this case would be a PSO gc "rom" or disk image

to do it on a gamecube you'd need a broadband adapter (which are very expensive) or yea modem + DreamPi

Wii or dolphin on PC definitely the easiest methods.

when someone gives the stats for a shield like [6/7 | 0/5], what does that mean?
Most frames and barriers can have a randomly calculated boost over their base DFP and EVP. Those numbers are min/max DFP and min/max EVP for that particular item.

So, I just have a Gamecube and a copy of PSO, I take it there is no way to do it that way?
Do you have a BBA already? You need a way to connect your GC to the network. If you have a BBA, you can just configure your network settings in PSO to determine which server you connect to. Dolphin is an emulator for GC and Wii games that runs on your PC. An ISO is an image file of a GC or Wii game disc. Both Wii and Dolphin can play games from ISOs, instead of using physical discs.

Most frames and barriers can have a randomly calculated boost over their base DFP and EVP. Those numbers are min/max DFP and min/max EVP for that particular item.

Do you have a BBA already? You need a way to connect your GC to the network. If you have a BBA, you can just configure your network settings in PSO to determine which server you connect to. Dolphin is an emulator for GC and Wii games that runs on your PC. An ISO is an image file of a GC or Wii game disc. Both Wii and Dolphin can play games from ISOs, instead of using physical discs.

Yeah, I had a BBA when they first came out, my GC still has one. :) I just want to find a server I can connect to.

Got my first Lame today and just wondering do I need to get the killing blow on mobs for it to count towards unsealing?

Got my first Lame today and just wondering do I need to get the killing blow on mobs for it to count towards unsealing?

Yes, though killing stuff with techs while the lame is equipped will also work (and is generally how it’s done)

The server has a /killcount command also. use it and wait for the banner to scroll across the top of the screen. It will tell you how many kills you have with the weapon. Once you get to 10k you might have to change ships for the "use" option to appear.

I've been farming Yowie's in VH on my Purplenum for Photon Cyrstals. It's tedious as hell and I wanted to know if there's another efficient way of farming Photon Cystals that I could alternate with to keep things from getting too mindnumbing?

there might be, but they are generally pretty rare

can i ask why you're farming them? there might be a workaround that saves you even needing to.

I would do either of the following to hunt photon crystals.
- Make Bluefull FOnewm, start Maximum Attack A/B/C (VH), play up to the 1st laser fence or to the 1st warp and reset.
- Make Redria FOnewm and spam New Mop-Up Operation 3 (ULT).

I would recommend NMU3 because it's much less tedious and has Heaven Striker, Slicer of Fanatic and better rate of photon drops.

Last edited:
Noticed from looking at auctions that a 0/0/50/50/50 Dark Flow seems to be worth more than say a 0/50/50/0/50 Dark Flow, is machine and dark considered a better combination of stats?

people tend to want sets (for most weapons) of x/x/0/0/x and 0/0/x/x/x for a bunch of pretty good reasons but definitely the priority is M/D/H since machine and dark enemies are the tankiest and hardest to kill.

there are arguments for other combinations and sets but they will not carry their value as well as N/AB and M/D.

This has likely been asked before, but I couldn't find much from searching.
What exactly does smartlink do? Is there any point in using it if I have access to H/Arms?

This has likely been asked before, but I couldn't find much from searching.
What exactly does smartlink do? Is there any point in using it if I have access to H/Arms?

Smartlink negates the distance penalty to accuracy for hunters/forces. Rangers have it built in already. Essential gear for ever FO/HU after capping your ATA. If your ATA is low using the H/arms should take priority.

Last edited:
Back