Quick question - Quick answer

It seems with the weekly/monthly monster counter going away rare monsters are much much rarer. Has anyone else noticed that after Christmas rare monsters are almost non-existent?

It seems with the weekly/monthly monster counter going away rare monsters are much much rarer. Has anyone else noticed that after Christmas rare monsters are almost non-existent?
Yes because during the Xmas event rare enemies were boosted 50* not because the weekly counter was removed. Lol

Yes because during the Xmas event rare enemies were boosted 50* not because the weekly counter was removed. Lol
You misunderstood. Let me clarify. Boost or no boost in general rare monster appearance is different. They changed something. I was just asking if anyone else has noticed. Trust me I am on my 159th Mil lilly.

As the previous poster said, during the Christmas event, and only during the special days or rare monster week, the appearance rates were doubled over what they usually are during rare monster week.

Nothing else changed. I should know, I am "They".

Why is the Rare monster rate boost not shown? As is the Rare, EXP and drop?
Because I didn't add code for it to be displayed.

If you'd like to know the values, because they are static, the rare appearance rates are 1/512 for all monsters, except Kondrieu, which is 1/10.

When rare monster week hits (50% boost), it becomes 3/1024 for all monsters, except Kondrieu, which becomes 3/20.

During Christmas, the rates were 1/256 and 1/5 for rare monsters and Kondrieu, respectively.

Last edited:
Because I didn't add code for it to be displayed.

If you'd like to know the values, because they are static, the rare appearance rates are 1/512 for all monsters, except Kondrieu, which is 1/10.

When rare monster week hits (50% boost), it becomes 3/1024 for all monsters, except Kondrieu, which becomes 3/20.

During Christmas, the rates were 1/256 and 1/5 for rare monsters and Kondrieu, respectively.
When is this rare monster week? My first time hearing about this.

Is there a way to add charge to sranks? I've seen 2 people in the last week doing sacrificial damage with sranks. One was mechguns and the other a shot. It wasn't berserk and wasn't spirit because they were casts.

Is there a way to add charge to sranks? I've seen 2 people in the last week doing sacrificial damage with sranks. One was mechguns and the other a shot. It wasn't berserk and wasn't spirit because they were casts.
No. Are you sure you weren't mixing up their weapons with one of the different colors for nonrares or TypeM weapons?

Is there a way to prevent having to remake games through the lobby every time you finish a quest (for instance, if you're going through them to open up Dr. Osto)? Or is that just built into the game too far to change?

Burn your fat, don't become lazy.... "omg game creation takes so much of my time, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, the endless nightmare again!"

I'm a bit at a loss here, I'm using my RAmarl and for the life of me I can't figure out how to properly handle Sub Desert Goran enemies. Shot is the weapon I'm going with to hit all the mobs, but they keep syncing up their hits and destroying my HP. Other weapons also don't seem to be working out as well. How do you solo Sub Desert on a RAmarl?

Solomode desert is made for nuking (Read: FOnewm). Freeze traps are great there too.
If you have to solo Gorans with RAmarl though, I'd recommend the following :

- ES Arrest needle or ES Blizzard needle to stop them from teleporting. (Spread needle sucks on fleshies)
> Arrest is in general more recommended because it can be stacked and is used to stop Girtablulu/Dorphons too.
- V501 or V502 to boost arrest/blizzard chance
- ES Demon's needle, Baranz Launcher or Charge Arms to damage them.
- Frozen Shooter as always
- TypeMe/Mechgun, Charge Vulcan or ES Demon's mechgun as always
- Snow Queen if you have it
- Jellen
- [Optional] 1 or 2 Heavenly/HP units to tank their attacks.

Arrest needle and V501/502 would be most important.

Last edited:
If your really struggling with weapons and too poor for sranks etc you could try using lvl 20 techs like rafoie and also targetting them from doorways so they dont aggro.

I've been casually playing through all the Episodes just for the hell of it while lvling my RAmarl. Desert however is totally a wall and it appears that in order to even make it through in a reasonable manner I either need to invest in challenge mode and other rare units, or be a bootleg Force with lvl 20 spells. Ah well, seems Desert is off limits for me as a Ranger atm then. Greatly appreciate the helpful replies however.

Challenge mode probably won't make Gorans any easier for a RAmarl. If you're not looking at efficiency, being able to get knocked two times will generally be all you need with a Charge Partisan or Excal. Play like a total wimp if a Slime is in the spawn until its dead. Detonators are going to warp because they can, you can bring something to lock them down and demons or just demons because crits no scare.

I'm rusty but pretty sure trying to use shot/needle on Goran spawns alone results in the AI warping behind you or far closer near immediately. or getting stunned when they're in the middle of warping for groups

Back