Quick question - Quick answer

Yeah. I cranked it all the way up and nothing happened? Did I do something wrong? I hit "save" so idk...
No idea, haven't tried it yet. Does anything else from the theme editor change? If you changed the window background to be transparent or opaque (changing the Alpha value to be 0 or 255), any difference after Save and then Reload)? If not, you might need Soly's latest DLL release: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/page-35#post-86302

And if that doesn't work, then I'm not really sure what else you can do unless you want to be a tester for my global settings editor stuff or go into the addons and make changes yourself for changing the font scale.

So yeah I downloaded that and extracted it to the PSO Directory (I'm guessing that's just the main PSOBB folder) and when I modify the global font size nothing happens. :(

I'll pick this back up tomorrow. It's not a huge deal. I can still read it, it's just a little tough haha.

Question about how items like Striker of Chao or Sorcerer's Cane effect the passive boosts FOs get to their techs.

Will a FOmarl with a Striker of Chao equipped get 200% S/D range? Will a FOnewm with Sorcerer's Cane equipped do 50% bonus damage with Gi Techs?

I'm not sure if or how the game addresses these bonuses, and I'm too poor to test myself :p

Can you get rare drops/mobs in side story/solo only quests?
Would "Warriors Pride" work, if I'm trying to get a pazuzu for an Ophelie Seize? or would it be a wast of time?
Thnx in advance! ^^

Can you get rare drops/mobs in side story/solo only quests?
Would "Warriors Pride" work, if I'm trying to get a pazuzu for an Ophelie Seize? or would it be a wast of time?
Thnx in advance! ^^
I think you should be able to?

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the essentials to a Force? Weapons, shields, etc... I'm unsure where to start

Apologies for the dumb noob questions, tried the search function on a couple of these and came up empty.

Few I've got though:

Every so often when I log in my character name is yellow? Is there some meaning to that or is it just a random bug?

Where do I find Coren?

Is there a way to obtain hit% on monster weapons (lets be honest, C.Bringer's)?

Re: Multiboxing. TOTALLY 100% cool on this being forbidden on drops. Not a problem at all, not my intent or even desire as IMO that feels like cheating anyways. I *AM* curious though if it's allowed to use(with the classic style drops) to mooch XP to level an additional character? If not, NBD, old school raise them an OP mag, give them an OP weapon and spam MA/TTF til 80 is fine. Just definitely wanted to get the word of rule on it. If the answer is no that is absolutely cool, I'ma guest, I'll follow the rules :)

Think that's all I've got for now, thanks for the help.

Apologies for the dumb noob questions, tried the search function on a couple of these and came up empty.

Few I've got though:

Every so often when I log in my character name is yellow? Is there some meaning to that or is it just a random bug?
This represents a change in luck. Each day this can vary. Type /forecast to see what today brings you. When you join a game, you will see Rare Drop rate. Normally this is 100%. If your luck is different, this might be higher.

Where do I find Coren?
He is near the shops in multiplayer games. You won't find him in single player mode.

Is there a way to obtain hit% on monster weapons (lets be honest, C.Bringer's)?
See Link.

Re: Multiboxing. TOTALLY 100% cool on this being forbidden on drops. Not a problem at all, not my intent or even desire as IMO that feels like cheating anyways. I *AM* curious though if it's allowed to use(with the classic style drops) to mooch XP to level an additional character? If not, NBD, old school raise them an OP mag, give them an OP weapon and spam MA/TTF til 80 is fine. Just definitely wanted to get the word of rule on it. If the answer is no that is absolutely cool, I'ma guest, I'll follow the rules :)
Not sure. I think there are add-ons (i.e. that allow for some AFK mag feeding) that the admins are okay with, but I don't know how they determine which of these devices are allowed and which aren't. I'm sure if you had two different computers and two different accounts that you could probably do this and there wouldn't be a problem with it. It will be harder for you to "solo" multiplayer mode, though. In this version you can have up to 32 characters per account.

Think that's all I've got for now, thanks for the help.

Expand for answers.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the help!

Also I've apparently just run right past Coren dozens of times because after so many years of playing this my brain just treats the ship NPCs as slightly mobile scenery and figured he'd be in a specific quest ala Clair or Gallon :D

I've never really messed around with mag feeding too much, but is there a simple cycle for feeding a Tapas to keep it as Tapas, assuming I want as much mind as possible (well, 127+ mind but more wouldn't hurt)? Tried some feeding plans in Magatama last night to avoid the levels divisible by 5 at 50+ but couldn't find a clean cycle, and there aren't any guides online.

I see. I didn't know that you could skip those levels and keep it a Tapas. You want to get as much Mind as possible? What other mag skill(s) can you live with for this mag and is meseta an issue for you?

This way is slow, but should work for you. It assumes DEF is the stat you want in addition to MIND. I can work the other two skills if you want. Let me know.

You will want to make sure that MIND and DEF are at 0% before you start (the MIND and DEF bar are completely empty of their green and blue color). If you can get me your mag level and an estimated % of each skill, I can help you do this. You will be using Monofluids and Difluids. Here are what they add according to PSO world:

Monofluid - DEF: 0%, POW: 0%, DEX: 0%, MIND: 4%
Difluid - DEF: 4%, POW: -5%, DEX: 0%, MIND: 8%

Once both MIND and DEF are at 0%, you can feed Difluid 24 times. This will get your mag to 96% defense. During this process, you will level up MIND once. Then, you can use Monofluids until your MIND is about ready to level up to the number divisible by 5. Then you SHOULD be able to feed it a Difluid to level both Mind and Defense. If you keep track after you level up to 58 (or the level right before you have to skip), you should have to feed the mag 24 times with Monofluid before you feed the Difluid to skip. At this point, both MIND and defense should be at 0% again and you repeat the process. This will get you 1 DEF point per 5 levels, so a Tapas at level 35 will gain an additional 33 levels of DEF. You'll get an additional 132 levels of MIND.

If you already have a high level Tapas, I would test this with a new Mag first if you don't mind making a new mag.

Last edited:
I can't seem to make a trade atm, says failed character syncro blah blah blah, change blocks. did that, tried 3x, failed all 3, has this happened to anyone else? and how did you resolve it? thanks in advance

Was just looking for one with enough mind to cap FOnewm and FOnewearl with 150 mind mat plan. Never going to use a Tapas for anything other than nuking in solomode (and maybe in some multi quests where there is no boss to avoid the awful Boss trigger, and the 1/10 HP trigger doesn't matter when synchro reaches 0%).

But thanks. @Arsuru came up with mostly the same method feeding pattern. But this simpler to follow because you just repeat feeding two separate items for most of the total feed.
  1. Starting with a new mag, Monofluids all the way to get it to Tapas (level 35).
  2. 12x Moon Atomizers to get to level 36 where the DEX and MIND are both 0ed.
  3. Monofluids all the way until just before level 50 where you feed it one Difluid to get to level 51 (skipping 50).
  4. Then 24 more Difluids.
  5. And now you can cycle 50x Monofluids + 25x Difluids to level 199.
At least it seems to give you 45/0/0/154 Tapas at 199. I need to step through the plan in Magatama but it seems like it will work. The Monofluid and Difluid feeds increase the stats by even numbers and the stats are 0ed starting at level 36, so this avoids needing to bank, and it also prevents a disconnect from messing up the feeding.

So 937 feeding cycles, 3279.5 minutes, 576300 meseta.

Last edited:
I can't seem to make a trade atm, says failed character syncro blah blah blah, change blocks. did that, tried 3x, failed all 3, has this happened to anyone else? and how did you resolve it? thanks in advance
Some items just don't work in the trade window. ES Weapons with specials used to not work, but that was fixed. But I noticed that Anti-Dark Ring (from TE, not sure about the Christmas ones) and I think some other event items didn't work (Magic Rock Heart Key might be one).

Some items just don't work in the trade window. ES Weapons with specials used to not work, but that was fixed. But I noticed that Anti-Dark Ring (from TE, not sure about the Christmas ones) and I think some other event items didn't work (Magic Rock Heart Key might be one).
well dog gone it, it is a magic rock heart key...

Back