Quest: Twilight Sanctuary (Version 1.5)

Esther

Discord Handle: Estherteric
Guildcard
Episode: 2
Quest Tab: Tower

Wiki page: https://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Twilight_Sanctuary#Enemy_Counts

THIS QUEST IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED!

Welcome to the Twilight Sanctuary

1616027583810.png

This isn't an easy quest. It's also my first one that I've ever made with the highly thanked help/guidance of Ender.

It may still have some bugs in it. Do report to me anything strange/broken in the quest mechanic wise!

THESE COUNTS ARE FOR VERSION 1.5

Jungle East:

10 Merillia
15 Ul Gibbon
9 Zol Gibbon
24 Gee
10 Meriltas
9 Sinow Berill
5 Sinow Spigell
1 Mericarol

Tower:
125 Del Lily
88 Ill Gill
74 Recobox
50 Delbiter
37 Mericarol
25 Merikle
20 Mericus
35 Gibbles
42 Gi Gue

Total:
24 Gee
10 Merillia
10 Meriltas
15 Ul Gibbon
9 Zol Gibbon
9 Sinow Berill
5 Sinow Spigell
125 Del Lily
88 Ill Gill
74 Recobox
50 Delbiter
38 Mericarol
25 Merikle
20 Mericus
35 Gibbles
42 Gi Gue

Monster quantity: 564 total

Version 1.0:
- Fixed softlocking at NPC post quest delivery speech.
- Fixed first blue warp in Jungle East going to Jungle North.
- Fixed a missing spawn in Jungle East.
- Fixed a typo spotted in the quest giver's delivery speech.
- Adjusted the targetable object which breaks the rocks to open back path.
- Added a few boxes in small Jungle East alcoves which were previously empty.
- Adjusted all Gibbon and Delbiter parameters. They no longer rapidly spam jumps/techs and confuse roar respectively.
- Fixed a threaded switch in last floor of tower. It no longer can spawn during the last wave.
- Fixed an issue where you get a message from the quest giver upon returning to Pioneer 2.
- Repositioned the Mericarol on floor 4 to stop it from spitting through the divider (Let me know if this still happens).

Version 1.1:
- Added lighting to Pioneer 2 as well as spawning NPCs after final wave is clear.
- Added a small waiting point after final spawn before delivering quest clear message.
- Many Recobox Y values have been adjusted as some Recons were difficult to target.
- The giant caves smashers on Floor 9 have had their damage value decreased.
- More waves/monsters were added to some floors for better scaling and progression.
- removed Saws on Floor 9.
- Moved some monsters around for better positioning.
- Various Meri variants have had their places swapped.
- Adjusted Meseta rewards:
Normal: 5000 Meseta
Hard: 7000 Meseta
Very Hard: 12000 Meseta
Ultimate: 70000 Meseta

- Floor 8 Mericarols that spawn with Gi Gues had their delays significantly reduced to flow the threaded spawns better.
- Adjusted the height of the hallway walls of floor 8.
- Count-Up timer has been added to the quest.
- On Floor 9, when the twilight fog appears, a warp console will be summoned by heal rings which warps you near the other warp console.
- There are now 3 heal rings on Floor 9. They are stacked on top of each other so it may only look like one. There are three.
- Adjusted several delay times.

Version 1.2:
- All the boxes in the second room of Jungle East now appear after jungle is clear.
- Added door marks on minimap where laser fences are set.
- Repositioned very few spawns.
- Added bonus Meseta in Ultimate Mode Only and is a surprise. You can earn this bonus Meseta by clearing the whole quest without a single death in the party. Leo gives this reward out.

Version 1.3:
- Fixed a problem with a threaded spawn on floor 8 not working the way it's supposed to. Final wave is spawning during a previous when that shouldn't happen.
- Adjusted a few Recobox positions on floor 6 as their hitboxes were slightly out of of bounds.

Version 1.4:
- Spawn reworks have been done to Floor 7. This includes the removal of a few Recoboxes and the addition of a few monsters to waves as well as new waves in general.

Version 1.5 & 1.5+ (Current - Full completion):
- Finished quest: Twilight Sanctuary will no longer be getting updated.

- Jungle East is now lit upon quest completion.
- Floor 8 has been rebalanced for proper difficulty curve.
- Adjusted several Recobox positions. Some could not be hit with ranged weapons due to floor elevations. Also, some more Recoboxes were removed.
- Deathless reward was adjusted.
- Added a heal ring to floor 8.
- Various other changes/additions.

- Version 1.5+ was made exclusively for Schthack Gamecube as the fog values on Floor 9 were not functional there.

Have fun! <3

Next project (When I ever get to it) will be a far tamer series.

Last edited:
It was a pleasure and honor to be among the first to test it (and on my bday no less). I highly recommend people to give it a go, it's really quite fun and a little crazy (but aren't we all).

I got to play it tonight with an excellent party. It would have gone very poorly without them. Great quest!

The lighting effect in Tower was very Twilight Princess esque, if that's what you were going for. :)
Thank you! The overall atmosphere is supposed to be very thematic, yes.

Hello, everyone!

This quest has gotten several revisions and will (likely) go live later on today. See the 'To be done' spoiler tab for details.

With this being said, this is likely the fully finished version of this quest and will only get my attention should bugs arise. I'd like to thank those of you who gave feedback and those that took the time to try out this quest. My next project will be a six piece series of episode 2 quests that are a LOT tamer than this one. I'm looking forward to starting that whenever I can.

That quest was a lot of fun! Really digging the various visual effects, creative use of doorways, and abundant recoboxes in places you don't expect.
Thank you so much!

Glad you got to enjoy it. Hopefully my next series of quests will be enjoyed.

Yeah it got crazy, but I had to do a little adjustment in THA MINDSET and broke your quest in half.

...Actually, I got broken in half. But it's a fun quest is what I'm saying.

Hello, everyone!

This quest has gotten several revisions and will (likely) go live later on today. See the 'To be done' spoiler tab for details.

With this being said, this is likely the fully finished version of this quest and will only get my attention should bugs arise. I'd like to thank those of you who gave feedback and those that took the time to try out this quest. My next project will be a six piece series of episode 2 quests that are a LOT tamer than this one. I'm looking forward to starting that whenever I can.
So I lied about it being a fully finished version since it has still been getting some occasional reworks.

After many bug fixes and final touch ups that went in during those fixes, TS currently stands at version 1.4. Everything (to my knowledge) that was bugged has been resolved. Since I love to lurk and read up countless backlogs of info, I took what I've found and tested out new things to implement for players. With that said, I do intend on giving floor 7 a makeover in the future for Version 1.5. Once 1.5 is out, I will refuse to touch this quest again so I can focus on the Penumbral Surge™ series for Episode 2.

If you enjoy this quest and want to see something you envision when playing, drop the suggestion and I'll look into it to see if it makes it in (Provided I like it enough to do it :"L)

EDIT: 1.5 has launched. This quest is not undergoing anymore updates/changes.

Last edited:
Back