Post-200 Grind (Level 250)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like your concerns are more personal in nature.
Yes, they are. I'm a member of the community, so my input is important as an individual. The sum of personal concerns creates the big picture.

Not to mention that the original question was "What do players think about this idea?"

You are being far too defensive about this Ade. Nobody is right or wrong, we're specifically asking how the players feel about a cap break for the sake of lengthening the level grind and giving optional perks (since as we all know, 200 with the frequency of 2x EXP here is relatively fast), and if someone doesn't like that idea, they don't like that idea.

That being said though, nobody seems to disagree with the concept that there should still be some sort of use for EXP after 200, so chances are something will be implemented so that EXP doesn't feel wasted at 200, even if it might not be a level cap break.

I feel like the arguments against the level cap break are very-shorted sighted, aesthetic, rooted in personal insecurity, or rooted in a general lack of understanding of economics. That being said, if the increased level cap fails to go through because of these views (that I deem irrational), I would be quite sad.

Really man? Everyone who disagrees with you is insecure and irrational? ...Really? For having a differing opinion about proposed change to a video game? .........really?

Really man? Everyone who disagrees with you is insecure and irrational? ...Really? For having a differing opinion about proposed change to a video game? .........really?
Not every reason but some of them are, can't disagree. I feel the same that most of the reasons given are because of insecurity (which I can get ofcourse, insecurity is a reason as well). It does not change anything below lvl 200 so why would you vote against it if it does not change the game for you? It is just the feeling you probably get when we say the level cap has been increased to 250...

It does mean that when you have a lot of different chars, you will be motivated to play one, maybe 2 chars at max (I play like 7 or so on regular basis and that is also the reason why I don't have any lvl 200) and this would mean it would demotivate you to play multiple characters. That being said, that would be my only reason to vote against the new cap. If that is enough however is a totally different question.

Last edited:
Even if you're not level 200, I think increasing the level cap to 250 still affects you. It changes the end goal of the game, imo.

Even if you're not level 200, I think increasing the level cap to 250 still affects you. It changes the end goal of the game, imo.

This game does not have a goal tbh. I think the only goal there is are the goals you set for yourself. Why would more possibilities be a bad thing?

Oh, I guess I always saw the goal as getting to lv200. Maybe that's just me. But I don't know if I would call that insecurity.

For somebody who doesn't have any level 200 characters, I feel like the bar has just been set higher now. Instead of having to get to level 200, now I have to get to level 250. This sets the bar pretty high for beginners. It doesn't feel like a choice of whether or not I participate; I would feel incomplete if I reached level 200, and that bums me out, especially because level 200 has been the ultimate shining goal since my childhood.
how do you feel about an idea like
Absolutely no idea if this possible, but I feel the only way to show prestige rank without just adding a 1 to the level would be to add a new tab-rank, like the C-Mode rank display in lobby when you press tab to cycle through stuff...
less sentiment-breaking? are you against the idea of rewards post-200 in general, or just the look of it saying "Lv250" next to your name?

Personally, I think the drop rate's too high to warrant other characters, so there should be something more for your account in general, for all your characters instead of a, say 25% drop rate.
Or apply it to all characters, but then it starts slowly become overpowered.

Personally, I think the rewards should become higher and higher with the closer one gets to 250 if that idea is to be taken.

Well yeah, do remember that the proposed idea is just a proposed idea.

We're asking mostly about if people agree with the concept, and if people feel it's too overpowered, we can adjust that if people are fine with it other than that.

Not every reason but some of them are, can't disagree. I feel the same that most of the reasons given are because of insecurity (which I can get ofcourse, insecurity is a reason as well.

I would really like to hear how exactly people are being insecure by expressing their opinions on a post asking for opinions.

Well yeah, do remember that the proposed idea is just a proposed idea.

We're asking mostly about if people agree with the concept, and if people feel it's too overpowered, we can adjust that if people are fine with it other than that.
I do not feel it is OP. I think it is a good idea to implement things like that for the veterans and they have grinded a long way on this server as well. I feel it is deserved... I recommend a poll.

I just honestly think, if this were to go through, there should be something in it for the characters you have that are under 200.

I just honestly think, if this were to go through, there should be something in it for the characters you have that are under 200.
You should be lvl 200 in no time if you focus on one char though... Those double xp milestone rewards help a lot (and some events as well)

No. Because basing a long-term decision on aesthetics or insecurities is the very definition of irrational.

I do realize I sounded condescending earlier and I apologize. I simply can't understand how someone could place such a huge emphasis on the number floating over their character's head or their insecurity about "Lv. 200 not being the max anymore" such that NOBODY gets anything new because of it. (Or a very curtailed version of what we could have had.)

I don't want to see this idea get sunk by people who aren't in it for the long haul. I realize we want to be in this world where "all opinions are equal," but I believe that experience matters. Experience is how opinions are formulated. I ask that those who have aesthetic or personal concerns about this please have faith that our Admins, who are highly experienced at the game (unlike every other server), have the ability to conduct this fairly and in a manner that will promote MORE playing of PSO, not less. I think we can all agree that's a good thing.

Last edited:

There already is. Namely, you get stronger every time you level up... -_-;

I created my RAmar on 02/04/2017 and I hit Lv. 200 with him on approx. 04/10/2017. I have a full time job and I'm married. This was not difficult to do. There are sufficient events on this server that make it quite easy to reach Lv. 200 at least once.

I would really like to hear how exactly people are being insecure by expressing their opinions on a post asking for opinions.
An oppinion can be based on their insecurity. That being said, just because aesthetically they don't like the look of 250 (which can be circumvented) is in my oppinion a very bad reason to not change it.

Saying that it changes the goal of the game is nonsense as well since you hould decide your own goals in game (and life in general) unless you are have OCD. A goal could be getting a SJS or a Heaven Punisher. +25% rdr can be an issue and is matter of oppinion whether that is OP or not. Its probably the only valid reason why it should not go through. The next question would be, what would be reasonable then?

Last edited:
It's gonna have to be AT LEAST 15% or it won't be worth the effort. I say 25% is fine considering this is going to take TWO-HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION EXPERIENCE POINTS at the very least. Possibly way more.

That's 250,000,000.

250,000,000 @_@

I feel like the counter-arguments are laden with undertones that this is something that's going to be rewarded to everyone immediately. This is going to take probably at a YEAR per character (or longer) for the average player. The reward should be satisfying after such a long journey.

Also, this will drive prices lower, so even non-Lv. 250's will benefit. Remember when Smartlinks were 5 PDs and V801s were 40 PDs? Part of normal progression on a server is that it becomes easier to gear up as an accumulation of wealth builds. What's beautiful about PSO is there's so much more to hunt (just hunting all of your desired weps with high hit can take a lifetime) that you'll never run out of stuff to do.

Last edited:
Idk, there's only one person on this server that plays this game as much as me. I'm on it all day, every day. I have a lvl 200 ramar ready to go, and hitting this max will be no issue for me. I think I'll be able to do it much sooner than people think. I had around 1500 sum points in the boss rush hbr, and with 2x, its just too quick.
I know its not about me, but I just wanted to say that I don't think it will be as hard as some are claiming. Just spam 20 boss rush a day.
With 25% in built rdr that I assume stacks with forecast and hbr dar+ and rdr+, just seems too broken to me x) I would feel like I was cheating playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back