Post-200 Grind (Level 250)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, there's only one person on this server that plays this game as much as me. I'm on it all day, every day. I have a lvl 200 ramar ready to go, and hitting this max will be no issue for me. I think I'll be able to do it much sooner than people think. I had around 1500 sum points in the boss rush hbr, and with 2x, its just too quick.
I know its not about me, but I just wanted to say that I don't think it will be as hard as some are claiming. Just spam 20 boss rush a day.
With 25% in built rdr that I assume stacks with forecast and hbr dar+ and rdr+, just seems too broken to me x) I would feel like I was cheating playing.

Yes, but you are the exception rather than the rule. There's always going to be people who do things quickly and efficiently.

Why would you feel like this is cheating? If it's an opportunity that is afforded to everyone and you take the time and effort to achieve it, why feel bad about it?

Again, a 25% increase is not going to quadruple drops. It's going to increase them by 25%.

Furthermore, it could be WAY MORE than 250,000,000. I would be totally okay with the following:

Lv. 200 to 201: 5,000,000
Lv. 201 to 202: 5,100,000
Lv. 202 to 203: 5,200,000
Lv. 203 to 204: 5,300,000
Lv. 249 to 250: 9,900,000

That would add a ton of extra EXP. I didn't do the math, but it would be a lot.

Someone smart please do that. :)

Even Hydro wouldn't be 250 if we implemented this right now, by the way, so I wouldn't be so sure of that. Also you say you had 1500 sum points, but you're not even on the top 20 for experience gained, which is "only" 153,970,177.

For some figures, 250 at the current proposed scale would be 455,500,000 at least.

EDIT: Post above me is actually the curve we thought about.

Last edited:
Even Hydro wouldn't be 250 if we implemented this right now, by the way, so I wouldn't be so sure of that. Also you say you had 1500 sum points, but you're not even on the top 20 for experience gained, which is "only" 153,970,177.

For some figures, 250 at the current proposed scale would be 455,500,000 at least.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

An oppinion can be based on their insecurity.

You can't honestly think this answered my question. This is just a vague assertion. Either justify insulting your fellow players with specifics or don't do it. Preferably, don't.

Ok I seem to have underestimated how much xp there is needed to hit 250 :p I thought 5 mil per level. I divided experience between my 5 characters whereas hydro has his main that he solo plays (although he made a hc fomarl fairly recently). I'd only play one char if this meant I would get rdr for being a higher level. Also my main Char has a different name to my forum name x)
As for the hbr, perhaps there is a way you can check? I believe I did indeed have around 1500 points for a months play x)

Last edited:
Idk, there's only one person on this server that plays this game as much as me. I'm on it all day, every day. I have a lvl 200 ramar ready to go, and hitting this max will be no issue for me. I think I'll be able to do it much sooner than people think. I had around 1500 sum points in the boss rush hbr, and with 2x, its just too quick.
I know its not about me, but I just wanted to say that I don't think it will be as hard as some are claiming. Just spam 20 boss rush a day.
With 25% in built rdr that I assume stacks with forecast and hbr dar+ and rdr+, just seems too broken to me x) I would feel like I was cheating playing.
Hmm... from 200 to lvl 250 would be 250,000,000 xp. From 1 tot lvl 200 is 83,227,800. So reaching level 250 would be like maxing 4 characters to level 200. Makes me wanna think :).

You can't honestly think this answered my question. This is just a vague assertion. Either justify insulting your fellow players with specifics or don't do it. Preferably, don't.

I think I answered it sufficiently earlier...

Thinking arguments can be based on insecurities can be an assumption perhaps but is not an insult. Insulting would be if I call you names which I don't.

I didn't quote you on that Ade, you apologized for being condescending which was good enough for me.

Reactions: Ade
I didn't quote you on that Ade, you apologized for being condescending which was good enough for me.

Gotcha. Sorry again. I know this has all gotten a bit heated. I'm just very excited about it. :D

*which is a bit irrational, I suppose .-.

How about instead of dealing with the problem of people hitting lvl200 too fast and quitting by adding more levels, we take a look at e4 and how it gives about twice the exp as comparable e1 enemies.
wowlookatthat2.png
Or, I propose we extrapolate the exp scaling of the last 20 levels to be the graph for 200-250.
this makes lvl250 43billion exp, which is unfortunately about 10x the exp an unsigned int can hold.

Yes, but you are the exception rather than the rule.

Agreeing with this. Like Matt said earlier in the thread, this is a change that will hopefully appeal to the more casual player who wants to have use for their exp after LV200. No sense ignoring the idea entirely just because a 24/7 player can spam 20+ boss rush in a day. I'm lucky if I can even fit in 2 or 3 a day these days, took me a year to get to LV200 because I thought I'd take my time here, but it won't stop me going for prestige if this is implemented, just guarantees my stay here a few more years. :D

*edit* Misread some shit, edited, my bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ade
I like the idea. Last time I hit Lvl 200 i quit playing and this would keep that from happening. As far as rewards go i trust the gms will make a fair decision. :)

Another thing to consider is that if you're playing past Lv200 for RDR boost to hunt SJS or Psycho Wand or whatever, there's also the very real possibility that you'll just find it before you even hit the RDR boost cap.

25% is not going to make it start raining ubers from the sky. These things still have absolutely monumental rates - you're going to find more Bravemans and Baranz Parts, yeah, but we already have lots of those. More isn't going to ruin anything. Remember Valentines? That was roughly 20%. Last I checked, it didn't cause hundreds of new Heaven Punishers to enter the economy.

Besides, at the end of the day, every drop rate is still 50% - it either drops or it doesn't.

Also, instead of trying to turn on each other over how "broken" it is, if you could give us some actual alternative suggestions (such as section ID changes!) then we'd love to hear them. We're implementing this for the players first - not for our own secret agenda.

Except for Matt's Clio HUnewearl change. That was totally a secret agenda.

The truth is that Agastya held me at gunpoint and made me implement Clio, don't believe the lies.
That was for the total removal of the HUnewearl class and you know it.

Last edited:
The truth is that Agastya held me at gunpoint and made me implement Clio, don't believe the lies.

Sadly, I had my Hucast on SCHT at around 280mil exp before ban.
Feelsbadman.

I'm sure there was people with way more insane exp on their 200s there.

Wouldn't this make stuff like v101/v502/v801 too oversaturated? On Ultima the v units are like 1-5 pds each and that's just ugh. They feel worthless.

I feel like just having HBR is a better system than this. Unless this Post-200 only boosted the RDR for ubers.

Also something about this just feels too extra. Idk maybe I'm wrong but, after playing the bloated Ultima version, the vanilla-ish Ephinea is so refreshing. This just seems more ultima-ish than ephinea to me imo.

well ultima has happy hour which destroys prices of just about anything with 200% drop rate
This is just 25% but it would take a long time to actually get the 25% as well

Wouldn't this make stuff like v101/v502/v801 too oversaturated? On Ultima the v units are like 1-5 pds each and that's just ugh. They feel worthless.

I feel like just having HBR is a better system than this. Unless this Post-200 only boosted the RDR for ubers.

Also something about this just feels too extra. Idk maybe I'm wrong but, after playing the bloated Ultima version, the vanilla-ish Ephinea is so refreshing. This just seems more ultima-ish than ephinea to me imo.

I am for the change but I can relate for these fears to happen... 25% sounds like much but it is even less than the HC boost. They'll still be rare, even though slightly less since a DAR boost has way more effect than a rdr for most of it. If it is just for the ubers I am happy with the change as well. It sounds reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back