Post-200 Grind (Level 250)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally very for incentives to exceed lvl200. A lot of us like me continue to play our level 200's long past their finished level, and this will make my extreme hunts that go unending for years easier on me in return for a rather extreme grind. Those that don't will only have further reason to continue playing. :D I also agree to /stoplevel not for the silly ocd/aesthetic reasons but yea some people might not want to participate in anyway and they're welcome to not level further. That said it shouldn't stop the rest of us who want to proceed further.

As much as this is an interesting idea, I would not want it to happen. It would stop me playing my lvl 200 completely. 200 is 200. Nice and clean.

... to proceed further.

FURTHER BEYOND!!

I really prefer the 200 to 250 with the option to /stoplevel rather than having a prestige system. I can't bear the notion of feeling like I have go through Normal - VH again just to feel "complete." If not a lot of people did this on Eden, it's probably for the same reasons that I feel. Being able to "stay powerful" and still progress incrementally is best. I certainly agree that that per-level requirements should be very high so it means something, but please no prestige system.

I'm personally very for incentives to exceed lvl200. A lot of us like me continue to play our level 200's long past their finished level, and this will make my extreme hunts that go unending for years easier on me in return for a rather extreme grind. Those that don't will only have further reason to continue playing. :D I also agree to /stoplevel not for the silly ocd/aesthetic reasons but yea some people might not want to participate in anyway and they're welcome to not level further. That said it shouldn't stop the rest of us who want to proceed further.
I'll only agree to this if they allow me to use Momoka skin.
Deals off the table otherwise.

I think a less good version of this, just like better drop rate would be pretty good in my opinion.
I think materials shouldn't be reset though after prestige.

^

The material reset was annoying.
The Lv1 reset was also annoying. Even at the constant 2x exp rates of Advanced rank, it felt slow and took a long time to reach Elite.
Elite with its x1 rate was even worse, and I never reached 200 before moving here.
I like the idea but I feel resetting players to Lv1 for a slight drop rate increase is even worse than what Eden offered.

I'm all for better drop rates upon prestiging to 201 and onwards, now that I've thought it over.
Adding stuff to a server that is trying to keep to its vanilla roots puts Celestial Saber, HoC (sad face) and anything new out of the equation.

I'm also in agreeance with the dullness of being a Lv200, and that this may help with that.

The idea feels ugly (breaking the Lv200 cap always does? idklol) but it may actually work out in practice.

I really prefer the 200 to 250 with the option to /stoplevel rather than having a prestige system. I can't bear the notion of feeling like I have go through Normal - VH again just to feel "complete." If not a lot of people did this on Eden, it's probably for the same reasons that I feel. Being able to "stay powerful" and still progress incrementally is best. I certainly agree that that per-level requirements should be very high so it means something, but please no prestige system.

It could just be a hidden thing, I just hate the idea of changing max level to 250.

If not prestige, it could just be an NPC that tells you current level/exp, how much exp to next level for next % of drop rate.

I JUST DON'T WANT THE NUMBER TO CHANGE. (muh vanilla.......) T_T

Also, I don't feel like anyone should feel as though this is territory the server shouldn't be in.
It's already introduced Hardcore, Sandbox, a PSO2 loot system, etc.
Don't stop me nowww, I'm having such a good time. ♪

^

The material reset was annoying.
The Lv1 reset was also annoying. Even at the constant 2x exp rates of Advanced rank, it felt slow and took a long time to reach Elite.
Elite with its x1 rate was even worse, and I never reached 200 before moving here.
I like the idea but I feel resetting players to Lv1 for a slight drop rate increase is even worse than what Eden offered.

I'm all for better drop rates upon prestiging to 201 and onwards, now that I've thought it over.
Adding stuff to a server that is trying to keep to its vanilla roots puts Celestial Saber, HoC (sad face) and anything new out of the equation.

I'm also in agreeance with the dullness of being a Lv200, and that this may help with that.

The idea feels ugly (breaking the Lv200 cap always does? idklol) but it may actually work out in practice.
Maybe a reset to level 80 makes a lot more sense.
Since you have already got to ultimate before.

Absolutely no idea if this possible, but I feel the only way to show prestige rank without just adding a 1 to the level would be to add a new tab-rank, like the C-Mode rank display in lobby when you press tab to cycle through stuff...
Otherwise it would have to be a / thing like /prestige or something that only you would see.
I'm sure the coders here know more about this stuff than me, though, so I think it's time for me to dip out of the thread.
I'll check back in some point.

I would want to be 250. And I would want it to be displayed. Not showing it would be ''ugly''.

I don't care for bonuses though. I'd be happy with pure visual gain. It's a nice goal Imo.

Last edited:
Maybe reset to level 180. And each time you hit 200 again, you get a drop bonus??? Is this possible??

So when are the combo unlocks again?

I'm pretty sure matt has already specified this won't ever be happening. One new thing does not equate everything else.

Glide Divine, though...

Being put back levels would make me have to keep Arms units to make up for ATA just to get back to Lv200 again, lol.
In cases like these I feel it better to add than to take away, so for that reason I can't agree with having a certain number of levels removed upon each rank, would rather have prestige ranks that are a huge grind to get to and keep the stats that I know and love.

How do I tag Hydro in this post? Dude's been 200 forever, he'll know what to do, lol.

OK now I really am out. :D

Well incentives to grind at 200 aren't really for players like Hydro, they're more for the common player who doesn't like to play their 200 characters and then loses motivation to play PSO in general.

People like Hydro will just play anyway.

Well incentives to grind at 200 aren't really for players like Hydro, they're more for the common player who doesn't like to play their 200 characters and then loses motivation to play PSO in general.

People like Hydro will just play anyway.
I think personally the change is good, but the aesthetic/non-vanilla feel makes it seem less desirable to me.

I don't want to see a bunch of lv250's running around just like I don't want to see everyone using the Tails skin in game.

There has to be a way to compromise, so we feel still Vanilla-ish plus the added progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back