Should we deviate from the "norm"?

• Yes

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want to see team points be made useless after having already earned and spent 4000 of them with my team. One can complain about farming them, but everything in this game has to be farmed.

I would like a higher material count for Newmans.

Otherwise, I'm fine with Vanilla.

Lower master ravens ATP and special to the same as Last Swan and combo unlock it :cool:

Jessica said:
Lynx said:
I am all for being able to play PoD with other teams assuming they have the quest unlocked. [Like the government quests]

This would be perfect :)

I agree with this too.

Lynx said:
Jessica said:
Hm.. I would like to see changes to who you can play POD with. The current system seems to fragment the base a little.. it's :(

I am all for being able to play PoD with other teams assuming they have the quest unlocked. [Like the government quests]

+1 this idea

Bottom line at the end of the day is that if you do not unlock Dark Flow, or give another sword in the game that lacks that special roughly equivalent stats for the simple sword swing, HU's have no place in this game from a balance perspective. RA's will be easier, faster, safer, and more effective. Its funny to see people complain about Dark Flow when a simple RAcast Charge Arms wins the game. To add to that, FO's are basically buff bots without exclusive items and tech enhancement. You will never do meaningful damage in a party. Like I mentioned to to you before Sodaboy, the previous Schtserve changes gave FO's added depth, not made them optimal party nukers like you are concerned with.

Balancing characters within the classes, especially the HU's, would be difficult. But balancing the classes is not.

The unlocked Dark Flow is quite a bit different from a Charge Arms, though. The main problem with it is that the energy waves bunch up to let you hit a single target multiple times if you're close, so it's sort of like a Charge Vulcan and a Charge Arms in one weapon.

That is why I suggested making a sword that had the stats of Dark Flow without the special while keeping Dark Flow locked. Right now the closest thing available is TJS, and not only cannot you not sphere it well, it is impossible to find with reliable hit.

Also, the special blinding you should not be an issue. There are plenty of available patches that are easy to implement that solve this. I made one myself in the skins section.

The issue is that the hunters don't have enough ATP (excluding HUcast, obviously) and RAcast is too strong, not that Dark Flow is not unlocked. HUcast is better than RAcast at a lot of things because of his sheer ATP (PS: Sword is not the only mobbing tool...), but RAcast having pretty much HUmar ATP makes the other hunters not worth using over him, because you are absolutely right that Ranger has the better arsenal. Hunters are supposed to make up for that with their ATP, but that's not what SEGA did.

Unlocking Dark Flow just makes RAcast useless because the special cannot be topped (and is also useful without combo, it works on like 70-80% of the game) and turns the game into HUcast and supports since HUcast can suddenly do 99% of things that RAcast can. You don't even need to unlock anything else as Charge Raygun and Mechguns are more than enough, especially if you SNS them, Mechguns especially.

While unlocked DF is a very fun weapon to use, for balance purposes it's better staying locked and used for its special only. Vanilla BB is not exactly the epitome of balance, but it's overall much better than the balance of unlocked Dark weapons (and other weapons such as Master Raven).

I disagree with that notion. It wasn't until Rainbow was introduced that parties suddenly became HUcast + FO. Even prior to that it was not uncommon to see optimal parties utilizing HUcast + 2 RAcast. It really depends on the area you are playing in. Dark Flow gave hunters the ability to one or two shot aerial spawning enemies and to combo kill single targets with ease, which is arguably what they should be able to do given their class. As a sword it was great too, but again RA's with Charge Arms and Baranze Launcher or Hell specials were typically just as or more efficient, which again makes sense given the purpose of the classes.

I don't see how vanilla's balance is better. Pre-Rainbow, HUcast, RAcast, FOnewearl, FONewm were all viable candidates. You could argue for Hucaseal/Racaseal in specific quests. Now its basically the RAcast show + anything with Shifta/Deband.

I think rainbow just helped more players realize how much better hunters were than rangers. The optimal party for any quest imo in "2009 schtserv" would be the same as it is in their final version of the game.

I think most people really underestimate hunters in vanilla too. Actually I would be really surprised if any optimal party had more than one ranger.

As for forces I think fonewm is still 'obviously' the best in episode 4. You can debate which is the best in ep1/2 and it kinda depends what quest you're playing. It was really hard to justify making a human fo on scht, especially before doom bringer and their armor that gave them +40 ata.

Ulevo said:
I disagree with that notion. It wasn't until Rainbow was introduced that parties suddenly became HUcast + FO. Even prior to that it was not uncommon to see optimal parties utilizing HUcast + 2 RAcast. It really depends on the area you are playing in. Dark Flow gave hunters the ability to one or two shot aerial spawning enemies and to combo kill single targets with ease, which is arguably what they should be able to do given their class. As a sword it was great too, but again RA's with Charge Arms and Baranze Launcher or Hell specials were typically just as or more efficient, which again makes sense given the purpose of the classes.

I don't see how vanilla's balance is better. Pre-Rainbow, HUcast, RAcast, FOnewearl, FONewm were all viable candidates. You could argue for Hucaseal/Racaseal in specific quests. Now its basically the RAcast show + anything with Shifta/Deband.

I main HUmar and I'm fine with vanilla.

Overpowered weapons always become a topic of interest on a pso server. I remember rainbow and just how powerful it was on SCHT. I had two of them in my possession and I ended up trading both of them off because I considered them too strong on my humar. Personally, I think a weapon of that caliber made the game too easy and spoiled some of the strategy about it. I also remember the Dark Flow Spamming Elitest on SCHT. They would start an area by using a lavis cannon to bottom out their hp. Then they would rip the dam thing out and just cut down a whole area like me weedwacking my ditch. Not a lot of fun to play with, as you got hardly any exp. Don't get me wrong there were some quests that actually required that to clear them, but those quests are not on this server. It annoyed me to the point, sometimes I would get into a competition. I would spam resta and they couldn't drain their hp quick enough to keep up.

I am not particularly in favor of having that crop up on this server. Keeping the weapon combo locked keep that in check. It allows for the special to be applied, but it also keeps it from being abused. However, I can understand the other side of the argument that hunters could use a high damage sword. So, I propose a middle ground solution. We combo unlock dark flow on this server. However, we remove the beam ability as it's special and replace it with unreduced Gheist (tp steal). That way the hunters can have their overpowered sword. But, they won't out damage a lesser sword with a sacrificial special attack being used. It would give the weapon a good balance and fill an intersting role. Currently there is not special weapon sword with a gheist special.

Most of that Dark Flow elitist spamming you're not so fond of was not optimal play. To be honest its not really even a legitamate argument. You can't spam the special while clearing whole rooms, the special is just not well designed for that because of the auto target. What made the special good is the five hitboxes could focus on single targets. Even if you could spam the special to clear rooms, a quick spell cast will easily net you EXP for non-casts. I would also like to point out that many of those players are just trying to learn how to play their class, and unless they were actively being a douche to you, you should not be presuming them to be a particular way just because they are using good gear.

It's worth noting that you can't do much about super specials, including removing them, so about the only thing you can do to balance out a Dark Flow that can combo is to either reduce its ATP or make it drop directly from Olga Flow instead of PGF, so that it becomes an order of magnitude more difficult to get one with enough Hit to abuse the special (or you could make the sword itself give 0 ATA so that the only ATA you'd get would be from the Hit of the original sword).

Orrrr just leave it alone and have it locked as a niche weapon lol.

Soda already said "no" to combo unlocks. And I do agree.

And I have seen people use the current Dark Flow in some situations, even on this server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back